For the past 2 weeks

For the past 2 weeks

A Chapter by kclyaine

it was now 2 weeks after she confronted the prince and ask for his help.

 

He said to her that day, "I will find a way to help you and your people. I'll try asking my father's assistance. Maybe, he could find a way for you to regain your status as a human and give your people a proper treatment they deserve."

 

Within the bleak of the situation. She found a glint of hope as he says those words. But she knows better not to get carried away. She know somehow there would be complication in his plans. And holding a false hope, won't help anyone.

 

For now, they didn't plan to tell anyone about their plans. She asked him, "Treat me as a slave in front of anyone. Don't ever let anyone know you are associated with me for you will suffer within the borders of this kingdom."

 

Within the 3 days of his stay in the castle, She and He disregard each other existence in front of everyone. If they pass by each other, she will give him a slight nod for its a custom for respecting a royalty. No one suspected that they are associated with each other. They contact each other, giving secret mails, as they passed to each other. Sometimes they would meet in secret, in the midnight where everyone is a sleep. They plan on how to save her people. She gave him a great detail on the castle's structure, with the secret passage way, were no one knew except for the royalties of the east. No one knew about it even the princess close friends. It was in case, the diplomatic move will fail. He will send some of his best troops to subside the enemies army as rogues. They will cause a riot in the capital. Then within the chaos, they will then slip out from the enemy borders. But they know that plan isn't sure kill. They need an alternative plan for 50 slaves to escape without anyone noticing. Wagging war would be the worst plan for the enemy is too strong with both Kingdoms at hand.  

 

So they brainstormed some ideas for hours, taking the princess sleeping hours for she only sleeps for 4 hours, and needed to wake up four in the morning, to do her duties. It was a usual thing for a slave. But when her family ruled before, the slaves have a proper rest, have 3 meals a day, and never sexually assaulted or abused for their mistakes. Within the 5 years as a slave, she never eaten a proper meal. She only ate one loaf of bread every single day. Sometimes, they won't gave her any for fun or if she made a measly mistake for not being able to hold on to the heavy things due to malnutrition. The prince knew that. So within 3 days of their meet. He would always bring a food with him. He gave her food and comfort she deserve. As he looked at her with satisfaction as she ate in her hearts content. She save some, saying that this are snacks for her to eat later. But he knew, that she was going to give it to the other slaves. For the people, who suffered like her. 

 

On the last day, he promised to her, "When I come back, I will free you all from this madness." Leaving her hoping that he would keep his promise.

 

The days were slower for her. The moment they meet again, is only 3 days away. She already told her people, that they would escape from here. She didn't tell much details, for people in the shadows lurks around the corner. She only told them, what date, time, and the place to meet. Hoping, just hoping, nothing would go wrong. 

 


 

The fateful day has come. The prince is coming within a few hours. And everyone is busy with preparation for the arrival of the prince. 

 

Within the chaos, the princess/slave was called to the throne room. She didn't know why she was called there, considering she have lots of work to do at the banquet room. 

 

Within the castle, the throne room was the least places to be visited by any visitor. For the riches of kingdom are held within there. It's the most well guarded place, within the castle.

 

Slaves can't go there without permission. When a slave do actually go there, he/she would be accompanied by a guard, when doing his/her bidding. No one, I meant no one, can't get pass through their without a guard.

 

When she arrived at front of the throne room, she saw two guards guarding both sides of the door. The guard on the right asked her, "What business do you have here?". She replied, "The queen asked me to come here." The guard on right looked to the other guard, and nodded. The guard then left his position, and escorted her inside the throne room. The guard was following behind her, to make sure she won't do anything suspicious.

 

The girl walked straight and saw the queen sitting in the throne with a half-empty wine glass on her hand. Holding it in between her middle and ring finger, moving in circular motion to mix the wine. When she stopped, she looked through the wine and saw a refraction of the slave she had been meaning to talk to. She despise her from the very core, her beauty and value. She want to grab her in the neck and choke her to death, but her advisers stopped her for it would cause an uprising for the death of their beloved princess. Even though, the princess was stripped away from the bloodline or the fact she became a slave, people still loved her no matter what. But this time, the queen have a good excuse to execute her.



© 2015 kclyaine


Author's Note

kclyaine
Words: 981

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015


Author

kclyaine
kclyaine

BC, Canada



About
Who am I? I'm a person, of course, anyone knows that. I'm just any other person who laughs, cries, and curses when in pain. I breath oxygen, have a blood flowing, and have a brain that functions my bo.. more..

Writing
Roundabout Roundabout

A Story by kclyaine