The Peak

The Peak

A Chapter by kclyaine

The prince was inside the carriage looking outside the carriage window as his review the plan over and over within his head. It was only 10 km away before everything will start into motion. He already stationed his guards into 3 different points: The Town, outside the castle walls, and the end of the labyrinth tunnel. But just in case something goes wrong, he stationed his troops just by the border. As he went to review the plan, one last time, the carriage suddenly halt.

 

The prince heard a chaos outside, and went to investigate. The people in the streets were in angst to certain incident to the middle of the town. He felt a foreboding feeling as he dashed to the place that was crowded.

 

Horror came to them as their beloved princess was hanged with her hands without clothes. She was bloody all over the body and barely breathing. The stench was really repugnant. She was barely recognizable with the burned marks and scars all over her body. She was beaten really badly.

 

The Prince immediately went to her, cut the rope, and catches her when she tumbled barely able to stand. The princess want to say something but her lungs were flaming in pain, un-ableing her to speak, even just breathing takes much effort for her.

 

Anger rises to him as he watches her struggling to breathe. He gave the princess to one of his guards to patch up her wounds; he then sent a deadly stare to the people of the crowd. The people cower in fear. He wanted retribution to whoever did this. He grabbed the nearest guy by the collar, and demanded answer. "Who did this?!" The random mob was scared to his knees, he answered him "It was the princess of the west." His voice shaking in fear, "She sent her as an example to whoever who tries went against them." He dropped the guy, realizing what was happening. They found out about the plan. And he noticed that the guards he stationed in town weren’t there. There would be two possibilities that came in his mind; his guards were imprisoned, or they betrayed him, but he hoped it wasn't the latter one.

 

He stormed off to the castle without a care, as the guards tried to stop him. He went straight to the place where the princess of the west usually stays, the throne room. He forced his way to the well guarded place. And opened the doors with a thud. He saw the queen sitting in the throne, holding her half-empty wine glass, smirking as she mixed the wine with circular motion. She saw him through the glass and gave him a big-welcoming smile. She said, "Welcome Prince, how may I humble your service?" He felt disgusted, as she said his name. He looked her with scorn, and said in deep dark deadly  voice. "Let her go!"



© 2015 kclyaine


Author's Note

kclyaine
Words:486

This is not finish yet, I just separated them in chapters for now, for easy editing

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 14, 2015


Author

kclyaine
kclyaine

BC, Canada



About
Who am I? I'm a person, of course, anyone knows that. I'm just any other person who laughs, cries, and curses when in pain. I breath oxygen, have a blood flowing, and have a brain that functions my bo.. more..

Writing
Roundabout Roundabout

A Story by kclyaine