July 794

July 794

A Chapter by Kitalia Emme

June 1st, Imperial Year 795.
I followed Rosalie, and have taken on care of the Sparrows nest. She is so lost in grief that she has been unable to do much more than stare at the pot. I know this grief far too well. This empty, lonely feeling. Turning to greet someone who will never again walk through the door.
Only I had warning. I knew it was coming. I had years to prepare for this. She opened the door and found tragedy waiting.

I know it has been a long time that I have been silent, my friend. I do not intend to neglect you. But now, today and as far as I can foresee, I am needed. She carried me, cared for me, and was the only thing keeping me alive. She is the only reason my spirit has been able to escape the cage that it was trapped in and take flight. Now if time can heal my broken wings I will fly away.

But her wings have been broken, my friend. Rosalie was caught in a storm and I cannot leave her to die. If I neglect you I am sorry. But she opened the door to my cage and taught me to fly. I can never leave her like this. She needs me.

I only hope she learns to fly again.



June 13th, Imperial Year 794.
Ferron showed at the door today. He said that they are setting out again. I objected, but he kissed me silent and said that the contract is the law that they must abide by, so he has to go. He said that he has no pain, that he is healed and I mustn't worry, but wait for him filled with hope. That the surest way to hasted his return is if my faith is stronger then the Goddess of the sea or even Death herself.
I asked about Lana, he said that she will stay behind with Eleana. And then explained his shock at realizing she was with child.

I hope I seemed surprised, though I know he can read me like a book, so I am unsure if I was convincing.

So this is my wish; That the crew makes a hasty return. That the wind is always in their favor and the seas are calm.




June 14th, Imperial Year 794.
I dreamed of the strange lady from Ganderu again. She came to me from the waves and said that the Sea and the Sky had heard my prayers, but that I should be thinking more of myself. In this dream I told her that I already knew my fate. She said that I needed to remember the prophecy. I noted that I did, that she believed me an angle. She said that it was true, and that I was going to find my wings again. When I said I didn't understand she reached out and touched my shift where the charm she had gifted me was hanging.

"Every kingdom needs its queen. Why you have chosen this path is unknown. It is a path of struggle and pain. It is a path that will change many things. But you are strong and steadfast and you will return to the place of angles. Until then be strong."

I woke with a start as the waves crashed against the shore and she dissolved into them as if she were sea foam.

I do not understand why I am dreaming of her. I do not understand her riddles. Each dream leaves me feeling like I have forgotten something important.



June 20th, Imperial Year 794.
Rosalie's father tried to talk her into staying with them. I know with a family of twelve it must be crowded, but I feel that being in a place filled with joy and life would do her well. I promised that I would look after things, but she said that she refused, that she needed time to think in isolation.

She has been so dark and quiet. I hope that I can see her smile again.




July 1st, Imperial Year 794.
She has taken back up her work, I did my best, but the honest and bitter truth is that I am useless, so she had a lot of catching up to do.
My Friend, I hope that I didn't leave things such a disaster. I fear I may have...

She has still been solemn and quiet, but at least she seems to be getting stronger. She doesn't jump for him each time there is an odd sound, and she has quit crying out at night.

Still, I worry for her personality is still void.

I was never one to turn to the Gods for help or guidance, Father forbade it in his house, but if I have learned anything it is that we are only human and we could never do this alone. Whatever forces rule over life and death please let Rosalie heal.



July 8th, Imperial Year 794.
It seems that I did not let the Sparrows Nest fall into to poor of shape. She caught up in only a day and then she set to packing up everything that is not in use and sealing the empty rooms. We have spent the past week or such cleaning up and down and even the chimney.
I was also rather ill the past two days and did little more that sleep, so again you fell to be neglected.
I will try to be more diligent, my friend.



July 10th, Imperial Year 794.
She sat us all down today, Rosalie did. She said that she has decided that she will sell the Sparrows Nest, that she sees Alder in every board and shingle that they labored over. That she intends to return to my fathers employ until the property sells, and then sh will move to Brunnen. She has yet to decide what to do when she arrives, but she said that it is the only chance she will have to heal and build a new life.

I hope that she can find what she is looking for. Even if I am never to see her again, if it will allow her a smile...



July 11th, Imperial Year 794.
I dreamed that I was walking upon the bottom of the sea, that I was clad in a dress like the green of the sea before a storm, and woven through my hair were pearls. The charm that was given me in Ganderu was the gem that made the centerpiece of the coral crown that sat atop my hair.
I walked down an isle of silvery sand to sit upon a glorious chair made of shells.

The woman from Ganderu stood before me and smiled. Then she said that I was only dreaming, that they were waiting with loyalty, and I woke to find my breath leaving me.

I scrambled to my feet and found the medicine that Fran had sent me. Thankfully it worked and I didn't have to fetch help.



July 12th, Imperial Year 794.
I am returning to Ganderu, I will seek my own treatment and my own education.
Rosalie has sent all her boarders away and is leaving first light tomorrow.



July 14th, Imperial Year 794.
The trip to Ganderu was rough and cold. My chest was hurting more that ever, and my few belongings were heavy, and I fear the stone that I dreamed the location of may have taken damage when I dropped my bag. At least you are safe, My Friend.
I left a letter for Ferron at the Crow, and I hope for his continued safety.
I am tired now and will settle in tomorrow.



July 15th, Imperial Year 794.
I am settled in, having checked myself into the boarding house here in Ganderu. I miss Eaux Reves and Sparrows Cove already. The slow and quiet pace, the caring people, and the friendly nature of the small towns. Ganderu is dirty, noisy, and everyone is so wrapped up in themselves that they do not see the suffering beyond the alabaster walls of the palaces they built from arrogance and selfishness.

Perhaps it is nice to look at, on the surface anyways, But it is a cesspool of greed and slavery. Even though they are free by law, they are beaten down, abused, and used. They fear their children starving and so they work with no thought for themselves, groveling to the powerful forces of money and status.

How could we have been such a blind part of that world?

Is this the true face of the Oryn family as well?
Perhaps I have only been in Ganderu little more than a day, but already I can smell the stench of hopelessness.



July 17th, Imperial Year 794.
I am sure Father has been searching for me. I feel he must have been, but I will stay here, hidden from him.

I went searching for the strange woman, taking my sketchbook to see if anyone had seen her. Though to day I found no leas I will try again tomorrow after speaking with the university office.

I realized when searching for her picture that I have not drawn is so long that I had forgotten I needed more coal.

I will draw one last piece, one from memory before I run out of coal. I must set to that before memory fades, and before Rosalie leaves the island.



July 19th, Imperial Year 794.
To my surprise I met Ferron yesterday! I had taken the piece I had sketched for Rosalie and had it framed and delivered to Fran, and was leaving the shop when I thought I saw Birdy. I darted across the street, but when I saw no sign of her I thought it was simply a trick of the mind, so I turned back towards the boarding house when I quite nearly ran into him.
His smile lit the entire town, though he was puzzled and wanted to know all the details as to what had brought me so far from Eaux Reves.

He supports me desire to attend the university, ans I invited him to come back here with me, at first he said he had best return to the ship, as they were staying on board. But then as I turned to walk away he changed his mind and said that as long he was back before sun up he shouldn't face any wrath.
For the first time since Alders passing I felt real joy, I felt at home as I lead him along the streets of Ganderu, back to this tiny room, to this place I can call mine.

Almost as soon as the door shut I threw myself upon him and loosed all the feelings I have had to hide. The pain of Alders passing. Watching as Rosalie's dreams, hopes, her future, crumbled before her leaving her empty and broken.

And he held me, as I cried. Not a single word was spoken while I cried into his arms. He pulled me closer, holding me up as I cried bitterly over all the strength I had been clinging to fell away leaving behind the frightened child I really am.
No one knows my pain or my fears but for you, my friend. Until today I have had to keep them all hidden.
And as I found my peace he stood and held me.

As I calmed he gently turned my face up and kissed away my tears.
He has kissed me before, but this was different. Each kiss sent a shiver down my spine. And when he stopped to meet my eyes I found myself lost in the darkness of his own.
I don't know what I was thinking, or even if I was thinking at all, but I ran my hand along the collar of his shirt, pulling it back to revile the scar that cut across his strong chest.

He loosed several of the buttons to show it's jagged line. I asked him if it ever hurt. He shrugged and said that the ones that show never hurt the way the ones that stay hidden do. I stood as tall as I could to meet his lips, but he smiled and lifted me from the floor to stand on the bed so I towered above him. Then he stepped back saying he should go.
I reached to grab him, asking him to stay a little longer.
He let me pull him against me, but he only took my hand and kissed it, saying again it was best he go.
I asked him why, but he wouldn't answer, he only looked away.
I slid down off the bed and asked him why he was afraid to stay.

He still wouldn't meet my eyes.

Finally I said that he didn't need to be afraid. That I wanted him to stay.
With that he looked up, his expression firm.

"Staying will only lead to trouble, my lady, and you don't need that."
I knew he was nervous. His accent had become so thick I could hardly understand him, and he had not referred to me as such since I began spending my time at the Crow.

I told him that I knew his concerns, but that I didn't care. He tried to object but I said that all I was asking was that he lay beside me for one night, that I didn't want to be alone. He nodded and slipped his boots off. He asked if there was at least a bath he could use, that if he was going to be sleeping in a civilized place he should at least attempt to act as a civilized person. I nodded and showed him the washroom.
I could see by the look on his face that the one shared washroom at the Crow with only a tub and a furnace was the best he had ever seen, as he was shocked by the washroom being attached to my boarding room.

I said that most all rooms in Ganderu were like this, as Ganderu was a modern city, and that he would never be able to fathom Brunnen, the houses that the powerful and wealthy enjoyed. I said that we had the likes in my Fathers house, though it was a bit less reliable and prone to issues.

He nodded gape mouthed and shut the door. I admit I was rather insulted. It isn't like I hadn't seen it before, and I didn't want to be alone. And I suppose I wanted some attention. I missed the nights before I returned to Swallows Cove, the ones where I could lie in his arms forever.

I sat on the bead a sulked until he finally opened the door, clean and in nothing but a towel. He flashed his mischievous grin at me and asked if I was still insistent that he stay.I flew across the room as if I was afraid that he was going to leave. He lifted me off the floor and into a kiss. I could feel his hear racing beneath his cool skin. He set me gently on the bed, leaning over me and laying me back across the quilt.
Then he paused, whispering that he needed to go. I shook my head pulling him back down into a kiss.

I knew, my friend, I knew what this was. I knew what was happening. I knew why he was running from me. I didn't care.

I let him run his fingers through my hair, down my side, and then it hit me that I was terrified. I knew where this was leading, and what was supposed to happen next, but I didn't know what I was doing. I was only just an adult, and only in age. What if he was disappointed? He has seen so many things the world over, and I knew I wasn't his first.

He caught on to my hesitance and stood up, his face a mix on concern and disappointment. I had to do something, friend. I wanted to! I wanted this more than anything. I sat slowly and loosened the lacing on my dress. I felt so clumsy and awkward. He reached to take my hands and sat beside me, pulling me against him. His voice was so calming, all traces of the common tongue was gone as he fell back into that lilting brogue that was all he held from his native land. He said that I didn't need to do anything, there was nothing to prove.
I shook my head and said that I had noting I was trying to prove, but that I wanted this. He frowned, turning my chin up and looking deeply into my eyes as if to seek out any doubt I had.

I suppose he found none because he ran his hands down the lacing gently loosing them and guiding my dress down my shoulders.

What happened next I have not the vocabulary for, but it was is if heaven and earth were one, as if the world had no limits, as if he and I were two souls in a single body.
And I never wanted it to end. In the first minutes it hurt, but he seemed to know as his touches became so soft and tender.

I woke today to blood on my sheets, a letter on the bed stand, and a feeling between longing and sadness. I knew he had to leave before the sun rose. He told me that within minutes of me calling to him on the street. But I wish so that he could have stayed.

I cleaned up and went to the University. They said that I may have an appointment with them in one weeks time. I can only hope that this will work in my favor. I don't want to send any bills to my father, and the money that I have in reserve will soon run dry.



July 20th, Imperial Year 794.
Such boredom. I don't know how to fill my days now, I can't remember how I survived having no known purpose. What did I do all day before stay at the Crow, or with Rosalie? How did I pass my time?
I wandered around near the docks for a while hoping to meet someone interesting, and then made my way back here once they started lighting the streetlamps. I suppose tomorrow will be better. I should sketch again, its been so long that perhaps it will do me good.



July 21st Imperial year 794.
I was wondering the docks again, having nothing better to do, and fearing that spending any of my money would leave me barren. I found her sitting with her feet hanging over the edge of a crumbling pier. I made my way carefully across to sit beside her. She was as I remembered her, with matted dark hair and bluish skin. Those animal like eyes were somehow less haunting though, perhaps because it wasn't a shock?
She looked up as I sat beside her and smiled, hr teeth jagged and crowded together as if she had many more teeth that the average person. I asked if she minded that I share her company. She shook her head and said that perhaps a kindred spirit would bring peace. We sat in silence for a long time before I remembered what the old man had said about the goddess, and that the Captain's always say that their good fortune was the Goddesses kindness.

I asked her if she knew anything about the Goddess. She nodded and answered that to have a conversation on the topic with one such as I was rather entertaining. I asked her to explain, and she agreed to tell me the story, so long as I didn't ever name her as the story teller.

I hastily agreed. She said that it would take five days, and that she would start tomorrow, but that the sea was untamed and godless on this day ,so it was best I return home. I asked her what that meant, but she didn't answer, she only pointed across the waves. I could feel the change coming, the chaotic harmony of the coming storm and I agreed to meet her in the same place tomorrow.

The storm is raging now as I write, a song that will surly lull me to sleep. Good Night my dear friend. I shall share her story with you and you alone, a story that will begin tomorrow.



July 22nd, Imperial Year 794.
I met her on the same pier, she was sitting comfortably on one of the rickety posts, her eyes watching me as I picked my way across the broken slats to sit beside her. Those eyes are like nothing of this world, and yet I find some familiarity and comfort in them. From here I will chronicle her tale in her own words.

"It was many years before the birth of the first human, before the fairy folk of the north or the nymphs of the south. Before birds or fish when there was not but the two lovers. They had come from a land beyond our reaches hoping that they could be one. For you see, their love was one forbidden. Light and dark can never meld, they must forever be separate. He was strong and brave, honest and justice, and he believed in life. The heat of his passion burned hotter with each day that they yearned for one another. She was cool and dark, she was the void the mystery and the unknown, and she wept bitter tears for their love was not meant to be. Their hearts so yearned for one another that soon they had become one heart, even though they knew they could never be together. From this forsaken love was born Cirohinda, this land we call earth. His love burned the face of the land, turning it to magma, and her tears of pain flooded the oceans and froze the lands. Trapped they yearned for one another, trying with each breath to reach one another and trapping the world in eternal twilight. From his passion was born Rowtag, a being of fire and war. A star that he summoned to walk across the scorching face of his heart. And as an answer to her bitter cries the twins Aeolius and Cordula. Cordula sank into the shadows of the water and made this her kingdom, calling the nymphs and merfolk, and many other creatures to serve her, and live among the shadows of the deep. While her brother raced across the blank face of the planet thriving on the freedom that he had, as there were no boundaries. And so Cordula became the sea and Aeolius the wind. There were many creatures who followed the twins as they were mischievous and thrived on the attention that their god likeness garnered. Attention well deserved, for you see to have the soul of a star is to be a god. And all three of them, Rowtag, Aeolius, and Cordula, they were stars that had chosen to walk upon the land that a fated love had created."

She smiled as if remembering something from long ago and said that perhaps I should go, as she was tired of speaking. I agreed and started back to the room, but when I glanced back over my shoulder she had vanished. I had not yet stepped off the pier, so I can't imagine where she could have gone to.



July 23rd, Imperial Year 794.
She was waiting for me again, this time sitting on the slats with many shells and stones lay in front of her. She carefully chose each one that she wove into a charm for her cart.

"Last I spoke of the lovers so blind by their passion they could not see the world forming from their desperation. Today I will tell you of the child that came from the only time they had touched. Stars, you see are not born from a love as humans know. Stars are born of something more mysterious and powerful, that is why stars are eternal. They are without age or sickness. They are souls that are all but immortal. And thought it is said that a star may die, it is uncommon and the cause is unknown. For a star to die they must give up the will to live.
Stars are not departed loved ones. They are not angles, they are not rocks. Stars are beings of light. They are born of something beautiful coming to a close. Stars are the beginning at the end of each beautiful story.

Now you see the lovers longed for one another, casting the world in a never ending twilight. A world were life was beginning to form. Rowtag summoned the soul of a great warrior to be his bride, a warrior from among the dragons. She was strong and beautiful, Xikira (I had to asker her how this was spelled, as it sounded like zekira). They gave rise to the first humans, the tribe known as the Xiyifi (Again I needed clarification). One such human who asked one day, as the lovers were reaching to clasp one another, "Who between you is the strongest?"
That simple question changed everything as the lovers found that each believed the other was stronger, they each believed their domain was greater, and the twilight ended as they turned their backs to one another, plunging the world into a darkness void of any beauty. The passion and love, the dream of the two lovers had ended. It was from the end of this story that the youngest of the stars was born. A child spirit named Gaia.
She looked upon the world and waked away from the other stars as she saw only chaos and sadness. She saw that the two lovers would be lost without the heart that they now shared, and so she chose to walk upon the earth and beg the lovers to make amends. It was through her selflessness and kindness that balance was found. A heart shared between two fated lovers who touch only at dawn and dusk. A love that they found they could share in accepting that there was balance, that her strength was his weakness.

And it was through Gaia that the islands were born and that humans could survive, and thrive until nine hundred years ago."


With that last statement she stopped and began to gather her things. She waved her had dismissively, her expression seemingly pained and sad. She said that I needed to leave and she had bread to earn. I offered to but her a meal, but she turned her nose up and waved again. I reluctantly made my way back here to puzzle over what she has said, and to decide if I was not of my right mind. I am certain her fingers had webbing her that gills were upon her collarbone! I know that is impossible, but perhaps...

If that is so, are her stories truth and not legend?



July 24th Imperial Year 794.
My appointment at the university wasn't until much later, so I decided to see her before. She wasn't at the pier, but instead she was at her cart selling her charms. She smiled when I approached, offering up something wrapped in seaweed. I wasn't sure what to say, but she only grinned wider. I almost feel her teeth are made from sea glass that has been shattered! She said that she had no stories for me, but that I had to find the answers on my own.
I asked her if I was permitted two questions. She agreed, but said that there were only two possible things she would answer.
I thought it over carefully and decided to ask her if she herself was a nymph. "Perhaps, fair lady, you are remembering. But no, Nymphs are tall and far less of this world. I am another being entirely."
So I asked her if she knew if Gaia was the goddess my mother had so secretly prayed to. She hushed me and said that while that was truth, I must never speak of it, as the Gods and all their followers had been condemned. I agreed to keep the silence and carefully opened the package. It contained a simple pair of earnings that were such a brilliant green it was almost unreal. "To match your eyes." She said as she pushed her cart away and vanished around the corner.

I made my way to the university and waited for what seemed like centuries before the door opened and the small bald man called me in.
He informed me that I was not to be attending the university, as I had failed the health screening. I objected as they had never asked me for such a thing, and I believe I should remember an event of the likes. He shook his head and said that I might could be permitted to do something trivial, such as art or history, but that was at the digression of my father, and that I had to have a doctors note saying I was well enough and not contagious! I was livid! To think that they would say such an insulting thing. Contagious? Am I a rat? Some wild animal to be feared? No, I am a lady, and ond of good background and breeding.

He said that it was on record that my sister and brother had both obtained the same screening and note, that any members of our family had to, should we attend any military, academy, or shared dwelling. That because of my mothers diagnosis they had to do such as a precaution.
He said that if I were to obtain the notes required, and that i couldn't have attended without my fathers financial backing even with such, so letters of permission and credit papers. Should I acquire all of that I could attend.

I hate that small bald man!


July 27th, Imperial Year 794.
I returned to the caged crow last night, the Baccarat crew hasn't made port yet and I didn't want to task their kindness any further, so I asked Quin if I could stay. He said that he would allow me two nights free of charge, but that by the third I needed to have some plan worked out.

I agreed and am settled into the room that Ferron uses when here. I suppose it's Quin's idea of a joke, but I will admit I am far from objecting.

I wonder why they have yet to return, as they had more that a weeks advance. I am tired so I am going to rest now. I can figure things out in the morning.



July 28th Imperial Year 794.
The crew arrived in the earliest hours of the day, tired and quiet, each returning to their rooms without the festive nature I have come to expect from them. Ferron fell across the bed, never taking note of me, or even removing his boots. I draped a blanket across him and returned to bed.

I was up at my usual hour and was surprised to find that Lana was sitting at the bartop already, sipping at some dark drink. I sat quietly, not sure what to say, but she opened the conversation wish a soft, almost broken voice.
She explained that she had been moved to the galley, and that it was Eleana that explained to her that the only way she was to be allowed to accompany the crew any longer was that she either find joy in peeling potatoes, or she learn a trade that would benefit the crew. One that would allow her to be physically useless.

She said that her injuries were to a greater extent that she had realized, as the muscle in her leg had been nearly torn away. That she would never be climbing or fighting again, and as she was rather lacking in education she was simply going to surrender to staying ashore.

I asked her about the unusual amount of time the trip had taken.
She sighed and said that Eleana had been so sick that they turned back to Ganderu to see a doctor. That Eleana was well enough, if she didn't die of frustration and humiliation.

When I asked her to elaborate she simply shook her head.

With little else to talk about and the rest of the crew still silent I decided to ask her about how she and Birdy had come to be on the Baccarat crew. She laughed slightly and said that it was her fault.

That she was the reason that Ferron was doubly reluctant.
That Birdy once had everything, all that I had, and more.
Then she shrugged and turned back to her drink, mumbling about the way the past doesn't matter.

I couldn't let this drop. I had to know the details, so I pressed until she finally caved.

Lana, it seems, was born on the island of Bratton. While I am familiar with Bratton it is in name only, and it was my belief that it was a facility where the troubled members of society were sent to learn the basic workings of civilized peoples and were taught a respectable trade.

She was quick to correct me. It seems that Bratton is a prison, and slave breeding ground. She says that the living conditions are unacceptable, even in the lowest of the city slums. That slaves are the prisoners that are born on the island, or are considered ready to be "released" into society. The only thing worse than living on Bratton island is leaving it.

I looked at her in shock. I knew slaves existed, but I though that society was frowning upon it, discouraging it, and that the empire was against it.
I knew that all slaves were ex convicts, that it was their justified punishment.

I didn't know that some were children whose only crime was that they had been born.

I asked how she and Birdy had met, and she said that Birdy's father had bought her as a personal companion for Birdy, as he was concerned because Birdy was shy and refused to speak with anyone, leading to her being tossed out of multiple schools and academies. He believed that by giving her a companion who could care for her, she would have someone to take her frustrations out on, someone who wouldn't fight back, and that eventually they would be able to break through Birdy's shell.
He bought Lana as a pet for Birdy.

She must have known by my expression that I was disturbed and disgusted, as she nodded saying that she was a lucky on. Birdy wasn't mean or shy, Birdy was as much a slave as she was. That she was like a broken doll when she and Lana first met. That her father wasn't the sort of man who deserved to reproduce, as his drinking had lead to nights no one in that house dares remember.

I didn't want to understand. I didn't want her to say any more. I don't know what she meant, and by the tone she said it in I never want to.

She went on to explain that when she was first brought to "Miss Bernadette Daughtry" she was spiteful and set to looking for a way to escape. She admitted she considered poisoning the entire family, as Bratton was better than slavery.
I asked what changed and she shrugged. She said that she met Birdy. That the first time she saw her, porcelain with empty blue eyes and raven curls she wanted to touch her. That the colder Birdy acted the more she wanted to hold her, and that one day after a particularly bad evening she decided that the worst that could happen was that Birdy would send her back to Bratton.

I was lost as to her meaning, and was shocked that Birdy was of the Daughtry name, as I know it well. The Daughtry family owns one of the greatest textile factories and an entire clothing line. They are known for their fine evening wear, and for many years they were the only company to advertise their clothing with photographs.

She asked if I was satisfied or if I was still needing her to spell things out, though she didn't wait for a reply and explained that she was helping Birdy out of her costume after another advertisement was photographed and decided to kiss her. To her surprise Birdy didn't fight, but encouraged her.

That after that night they decided to run away, and they found the Baccarat crew about two months later. They had settled into a room at a tavern and were earning their keep in less that respectable ways, when Adrien showed up. He had money to spare, but not time, as Eleana came bursting in to drag him away.
Eleana then proceeded to lecture them on their stupidity and somehow ended by offering them employ aboard the Yin.

I can't imagine either Birdy or Lana working in such a way, though I have no doubts that Eleana would decide to straighten them out.

Ferron came stumbling down later looking for food and a bath. I don't think he has realized I am sharing his space.
Perhaps tonight I will inform him.



July 29th Imperial Year 794.
Ferron was surprised, to say the least, when he half drunkenly stumbled into the room and flopped across the bed. I had been in the room researching, for some reason the name Bernadette Daughtry has been bothering me and I aim to find out why.
My quest is beside the point though. He had missed me at dinner as I was in the room, so when he flopped down and I greeted him he quite nearly fell off the bed!

I couldn't help but giggle, I know it was rude, but despite my proper upbringing I couldn't contain my amusement. Granted I almost immediately  choked it back trying to hide my embarrassment and near humiliation behind the publication I was reading.
He suddenly landed on my bed, pushing the pages down so he could look in my face, his deep brown eyes peering into the depths of my soul.

"My lady, should it not be I who was embarrassed? And yet you are the one to blush." he teased in a low voice. I could feel my face, even my ears, burning red. He added in a more serious note that it was a very poor choice for a young and impressionable girl such as I to share quarters with a filthy and classless sailor such as he.

This managed to drag another giggle from me, but he stole it from my lips with a firm kiss.

Then, and I say this with as much patience and understanding as I can, he lay back across his own bed and fell asleep.

I suppose I should dim the lamp and go to sleep as well. Though, I do wonder if he would mind if I lay beside him.


© 2015 Kitalia Emme


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A well-established story now Kitalia and I am a massive fan of it, this chapter is a monument to your writing skill and the continuance of the tale has me waiting and wanting to read it, thank you my friend :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kitalia Emme

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your kindness. I am so honored to keep bringing you installments. I apologize that my .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 1, 2015
Last Updated on October 28, 2015


Author

Kitalia Emme
Kitalia Emme

TX



About
***Sorry for my absence. I lost a husband, fought addiction, and came out stronger that ever. I have been sober for 10 months. I am pulling my life together and healing from my loss (No, I wasn't wi.. more..

Writing