Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by KJVollaro
"

Giulia and Kevin sitting in a tree......

"

Giulia heard the door upstairs unlock and swing open, hissing its way along the carpet.  Then the familiar creaking of the old wooden stairs, groaning for mercy as Kevin descended into the basement.  She could hear the belt slapping against his thigh as he slowly made his way down, taunting her.

 

“Sunshine, it’s time for your breakfast.”

 

Kevin lurched around the corner, now facing Giulia and holding not only his belt, but a bowl of cold oatmeal.  It had been the same routine each day that she had been locked away.  He set the bowl down on the small end table in the corner of the room and approached her, an unholy grin on his face.

 

“First, you know, we have to do the fun part.  We can’t have any more yelling and biting now, can we?” 

 

She shook her head from side to side as he approached her.  She noticed that Kevin appeared more agitated than usual.  His clothes, which had always looked pristinely laundered and pressed, were dirty and wrinkled.  He then slid the belt buckle slowly between her breasts, down to her navel, stopping at the waist of her panties.  He tapped her stomach gently, almost lovingly, then grabbed at her shoulder and spun her around, stopping when her already bruised and bloodied back was facing him. 

 

“This time, we’re going to play a new game, OK?  I call it target practice.”

 

Kevin grasped her shoulder again and began spinning her around more and more rapidly.  When he was satisfied that she wouldn’t stop spinning anytime soon, he began swatting her with his belt.  The first swing hit her directly over her left kidney.  She could feel her bladder start to let go.  Holding it as tight as she could, she closed her eyes and waited for the next blow.  His second swing left a swollen welt across her mostly bare stomach.  By that time, her shirt had all but fallen off of her.

 

“Whoops!  Looks like I missed the target!  Lucky I get another try.  S**t, come to think of it, I get as many tries as I want.”

 

He spun her again, more rapidly this time and lashed her perfectly, right between her shoulder blades.  She tried to cry out, the pain was so intense, but she knew that would only make the beatings continue.

 

“Bulls eye!” he yelled.  “Now that’s what I was aiming for.”  He leaned over, dropping his voice to barely above a whisper “How are we feeling this morning, are we ready for breakfast now?”

 

Giulia nodded, teeth still clenched on the gag in her mouth to try to lessen the pain.  It took her a second to let go when he finally retrieved the bowl and removed the gag. 

 

“Are we hungry today, Sunshine?”  Kevin’s face bore a disturbing aura of concern.

Giulia’s dry throat rasped out exactly what she had been told to say, “Yes Daddy.”

“Good, I brought you your favorite oatmeal.”

 

Kevin plunged his hand into the bowl, grasping as much of the cold and wet food as he could, held her mouth open and stuffed it halfway down her throat.  She gagged and choked, gasping for air but desperately trying to swallow as much of it as she could.  One thing was certain; she was not going to let him starve her down here.  Kevin quickly reached back in for some more, and before the first fistful was gone, he jammed another one in, then another, then another, quicker and quicker each time until the bowl was finally, mercifully empty.  Giulia coughed uncontrollably, gagging so badly that she couldn’t stop herself from vomiting.  Luckily, Kevin had turned far enough while replacing the bowl on the table that it hadn’t soiled his clothes.  She shuddered to think what he would have done if it had.  He just laughed, replaced the gag tightly into her mouth, retrieved the empty bowl and headed back upstairs, whistling.  Giulia, legs coated by a combination of urine and vomit, started to gag all over again from the smell.  She forced the bile back down into her stomach, knowing that if it filled her mouth and entered her airway, she would drown in it.  She slowly regained her composure when her stomach had begun to settle, yet still she hung, half naked and bleeding. Pain coursed through what seemed like every inch of her, and Giulia began to weep.  

 

 

 

 



© 2008 KJVollaro


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this is an intense switch from the other pov to this - still nicely written, but vaguely creepy. it feels like l'm reading two separate stories with the way you switch. the details, the little tidbits of information - like the daddy aspect of it, and the fact that he feeds her - reveal some interesting things about the kidnapper. definitely holds interest to keep reading, that's for sure.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is perversely good... I want to jump through the computer and beat this Kevin guy with his own belt. Apparently that means that you're an extremely good writer, because lousy writing would never evoke such a response. It is definitely going to be interesting how you manage to get "the psycho" half of the story linked with "the gifted memory photographer" half. I feel so bad for Giulia, I hope she's able to escape or that somebody saves her. Reading on...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You're developing a wonderful insight into the psyche of Kevin, and the details you reveal about him are fantastically disturbing. The fact that he prefers to "play a game" with his kidnap victim rather than just rape her or kill her shows a deep, and respectful, insight into the violently shattered mind. (This is all praise, I swear! I'm not callin' you a psycho, lol).
The way that you're seperating this from the other story's narrative is making me anxious to find out how you connect them. Did Kevin run Jessie off of the road? Will Glen be drawn into Kevin's memories somehow? Will the Detective bridge them together??? You've got a great and captivating story here. Great job!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh there they are, that Kevin guy is really getting under my skin, but I mean that in a good way, but I agree with Misa when she says that it is like reading two different stories here. Not a bad thing tho, just curious how you are going to tie them in together?

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is an intense switch from the other pov to this - still nicely written, but vaguely creepy. it feels like l'm reading two separate stories with the way you switch. the details, the little tidbits of information - like the daddy aspect of it, and the fact that he feeds her - reveal some interesting things about the kidnapper. definitely holds interest to keep reading, that's for sure.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2008
Last Updated on March 14, 2008


Author

KJVollaro
KJVollaro

Warren, RI



About
A man has an idea. It's not an idea that will change the world, but if it can change just one soul, when accomplished, it will all have been worthwhile. Everyday literate people read. It makes no diff.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by KJVollaro


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by KJVollaro


Chapter Four Chapter Four

A Chapter by KJVollaro


Chapter Seven Chapter Seven

A Chapter by KJVollaro


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by KJVollaro