Chapter 3- Part 1 Going to the Park

Chapter 3- Part 1 Going to the Park

A Chapter by Jules
"

Juliana decides she wants to go riding and shows Frank that she is more than a pretty face

"

Chapter 3

 

Juliana woke early for the first time since she had arrived in London, feeling relaxed and well rested. She didn’t remember coming to bed though, just falling asleep on the sofa watching frank smile to himself. The thought warmed her and she smiled too at the memory. Perhaps he had carried her to bed, the idea of this made her blush slightly but she ignored the intimate idea- something a husband might do for a wife- and got up, flinging the wardrobe doors open wide. It really was early as even Olivia was still asleep. Juliana rummaged through all her old and new dresses and simply couldn’t decide what to wear yet. Instead she wrapped her dressing gown securely around her and went and stood on the small balcony attached to her room that over looked the neat garden at the back of the house. The scent of roses hung heavily in the dewy early morning air. It was quiet cool out but Juliana relished it, as the world seemed fresh and new as if they weren’t in a giant city after all. A soft neigh sounded to the side of the house and reminded Juliana that they had stables here too. Now she knew what she would wear today- her riding habit and she would make Frank take her riding through the local park.

~

“Good morning Wells,” Juliana greeted the butler as he brought in her breakfast and the post. “Just put the post by Frank’s, Lord Carlyle’s seat he isn’t down yet. Do you know where he is I want him to take me riding.” She realised as she said it he sounded rather spoilt and demanding but she didn’t care, she was to happy and full of energy to just sit around.

“He is just coming Miss Lucas.” Wells told her pouring out a cup of tea for her.

“Thank you Wells,” she smiled up at him from her seat and he nodded back in acknowledgement. The door opened and Juliana transferred her warm smile to whoever stood there. It was Frank looked a lot better then he had the morning before when he had had a hangover.

“Good morning Juliana; Wells. You seem very perky this morning Juliana, I take it you slept well.” He sat down in his seat next to her at the head of the table and started to open his mail.

“Very well thank you, in fact I feel so rested today I would like to go riding. Have you got a horse suitable for me?” Frank seemed surprised at this request but did not question it.

“Yes I believe so when would you like to go?”

“After breakfast please while it is still quiet and cool.” He laughed at this and Juliana stared at him confused. “What is so funny?”

“You will find that the park will be anything but quiet in the morning in fact it is often the busiest time of the day there. Everyone worth knowing will go there to socialise.”

But Juliana ignored him she would not be put of her first ride in the city. “We best go sooner rather than later then.” She told him primly. He chuckled at this but she just ignored him and munched on her toast. The she waited impatiently for frank to get changed into his riding apparel, as she was already ready and had sent a maid to fetch her hat and gloves. Juliana heard Frank bounding back down the stairs, apparently her energy was infectious and went to meet him in the hallway.

“The horses are waiting just outside, I asked a groom to get them ready before I went upstairs.” He lead her outside and as he said there would be there were two horses waiting them patiently, held still by smartly uniformed grooms. Frank went and greeted the older one whom Juliana assumed was the head groom and then went and greeted his horse feeding him a sugar lump.

“Master Francis,” the head groom told him in a rough country accent, “what have I told you about feeding that ‘orse of yours sugar lumps?”

“That its bad for him, I know George but Orion does like then so.” The big black stallion Frank had been feeding harrumphed as if in agreement. Frank laughed light heartedly. Juliana watched this exchange with a smile, it was good to see Frank happy and relaxed. Then she turned her attention to the other horse that had been brought around for her and stared at it unhappily. It was pretty bay mare and she was a perfectly sound horse but she simply stood there still and docile while Frank’s horse Orion pranced around excitedly, full of energy. Her horse may as well have been asleep.

“Frank?” Juliana interrupted his happy chatter with the groom’s man and they both looked at her questioningly. “This horse is not acceptable; she appears to be a snail not a horse.”

George the groom let out a large merry laugh and Frank scowled at him. “She’s the perfect lady’s horse; there is nothing wrong with her.” Frank informed her.

“She is going to be slow and docile you can tell just by looking at her, I will not even bother mounting her. Can I see your other horses please?” Frank did not look impressed that she wasn’t impressed by her thorough bred snail. “Please Frank?” she asked him again. “Remember I grew up in the countryside I know about horses and although his horse is very pretty I would like one with some energy.”

“Fine,” he growled defeated “but don’t blame me if you break your pretty neck.” George chuckled some more at this winking at Juliana and smiled at him. Franks scowled at his friendly exchange but led her round the side of the house to the stables with out a word. The first horse they showed her was very similar to her first horse and she rejected it quickly. A fine boned roan with quick feet and lively eyes was led past them by a stable boy on its way to be exercised but Juliana stopped him.

“I want this one, he is the perfect size and has a lovely temperament.” She informed them stroking the horse’s velvety nose. Both George and Frank stared at her in amazement. “What?” she asked them noticing their surprised expressions.

“That ‘orse hates strangers miss only myself or master Frank can touch him. He is also very highly stung I doubt you could ride him.”

“Now you doubt me too do you George? Well saddle him up for me and I’ll prove you wrong I do love a good challenge.”

“But you’ll be hurt.” Frank exclaimed stopping her from mounting the now saddled horse.

“Stop fussing Frank I know what I am doing just watch and learn.” Frank shut up knowing now that he couldn’t stop her when she was determined to do something. He watched anxiously as she walked the horse into the exercise ring. She had him under perfect control but that didn’t stop Frank from worrying Juliana spurred him into a neat trot and George called encouragement to her.

“That’s it lassie keep him going.” Juliana sped the pace up to a collected canter but although she could feel the horse straining for more she couldn’t let him go because there just wasn’t the space. She stopped perfectly next to an amazed Frank and a grinning George.

“What’s his name George?” she asked happily, please greatly with the horse.

“Well he don’t have one just yet miss, he’s new and all so we haven’t decided.”

“Can I name him Frank, can I? Can he be mine please?” she smiled sweetly at him and Frank could help but smile back and give her what she wanted. “I think he should be called Triumph, because I proved you all wrong.” She decided quickly with a gleeful laugh. George and Frank laughed along too.



© 2009 Jules


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

awww! that was a good one! i love the part where shes like' i think he should be called triumph because i proved you all wrong.' HAHA! great chapter, jules :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 7, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules