6

6

A Chapter by Jules

White light. That was Ephraim’s first thought. Bright white light. Lots of white all around him. He wriggled experimentally to see what hurt when he moved and found most of him was sore and stiff but that he was in a comfortable bed. He tried opening his eyes again, shielding them with a hand. It was still very bright but his eyes were adjusting slowly. There were tubes running into his arm that pulled as he put his hand to his face. Putting his hand down again, he stared at them confused. Where was he? Where was Kenna?

“Kenna?” he tried to call out but his voice was hoarse and dry and it came out as more of a croak. “Kenna?” he called again more loudly his time.

A door clicked open and a blonde woman appeared at his side. Her rested a cool hand on his arm and the stabbing pain in his head subsided and he was able to think more calmly and clearly.

“Please tell me where Kenna is?”

“Kenna?” she asked him. “Do you mean the young woman who was with you? She is in the next room but I can’t let you see her. Firstly as a doctor I think you should keep resting. Your wounds have healed surprisingly fast but you still need to recuperate. Secondly as a woman I’m not going to let you any where nears that girl after what you did to her.”

“What did I do?” asked Ephraim anxiously. “Is she hurt? I knew she was tired and of course she had some injuries already. Did I squish her; she is so squish-able. I didn’t mean too honest, please let me see her I need to know she is ok. Please.”

“Woman beaters should never be aloud near women again. My skin is crawling just being stood next to you. I mean you can tell even with out seeing you in action how powerful you are and how much damage you can cause. I hate…”

“Excuse me?” Ephraim interrupted her rant starting to get angry. “Yes I am powerful but what business is that of yours. And if you think I beat Kenna you have never been more wrong. She is my soul mate and I would never hurt a hair on her head on purpose. It was not me who caused all that damage to her if you have seen it that was her father and when I get my hands on him then you will see the damage I can cause when I’m in action as you put it. Now please let me see her or at least tell me what is wrong with her.”

The blonde woman shut her gaping mouth but kept staring at him. Her eyes softened slightly as if she believed him but she was still to cautious of him to let him see her.

“She is suffering from exhaustion and various cuts are infected, she suffered from some internal damage but we couldn’t work out why and she also has a head injury from when you collapsed with her in your arms and she hit it on a rock. But she is in good hands the best doctors in the world are here so you are fortunate.”

“Thank you. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t know she was being cared for. But can I ask you a question?”

“Yes I suppose so but I can’t guarantee I can answer it where we are is confidential.”

“That’s ok I know where we are I believe. This is the Touched town isn’t it, please tell me it is then I know we are safe.” She stared at him surprised again.

“Yes how did you know?”

“Why else would I and Kenna be here we are the same as you. But this is what I wanted to ask you, why can’t I hear any thoughts what have you done to me?”

“Thoughts? You’re a telepath? That explains your injuries when you came into the hospital you must have over loaded.”

“You are telling me! First I can’t hear anything from here, and then there was this one voice and then hundreds at once. It hurts just thinking about it.”

“I’m sorry,” she sounded more sympathetic this time, “I can’t help you with this I don’t know how. But I now understand Kenna’s internal injuries I think. If she is your soul mate as you say then if she was separated from you by force she would experience severe withdrawal symptoms. Could this have happened? Did you have any of these symptoms too?”

“Yes that is very possible,” but he didn’t say how they had been separated. “Yes I experienced pain too but I have a high pain thresh hold and as you have seen I heal fast. I didn’t have time to think about it at the time I had more important things to think about like getting Kenna back.”

“I’m sorry I accused you earlier.” She told him quietly and this time she sounded sincere. “I’ll find out if Kenna is awake and then you can see her.”

“Thank you.” Ephraim said gratefully watching her leave the white room with hope.

 

Authors Note: wow mega chapter. See it was worth waiting for me to finish rambling about random stuff as you get this afterwards. I hope you enjoyed it and I will try and update soon :D love you all my lovely little fans Jules xxxxx



© 2009 Jules


Author's Note

Jules
sorry you keep getting my random ramblings from when i posted this on the other site i use :D lol be honest please :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 15, 2009


Author

Jules
Jules

wouldn't you like to know!



About
Hi I'm Jules! i am 19 and have writen seriously since about senior school. i will read literally anything although not erotica and i'm not big on poetry :S i love romance stories and am a sucker f.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Jules


Part 1 Part 1

A Chapter by Jules


Part 2 Part 2

A Chapter by Jules