Hirador

Hirador

A Chapter by Wingless Fallen Angel
"

If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. - John Rohn

"
Her eyes landed on a red, orange and glowing... egg? She lifted herself to her hands and knees, crawling back toward the object. She reached out to brush it with her fingers, and as soon as she touched it, it exploded. Meggie was blown back, slamming against a tree, and crumpled to the ground, unconscious.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Meggie groaned, making an attempt to cover her face from the blinding light. As soon as the noise emitted from her throat, something moved over her. It blocked the sun, letting her open her eyes. As soon as she did, she screamed. And continued screaming, until the dragon that stood over her made a purring noise in the back of its throat. She scrambled backward, the soreness that lingered in her limbs from the explosion making that more difficult to do. The dragon lowered it's head, in almost a submissive motion. She closed her eyes and took deep breaths, calming herself. When she cracked one crystalline eye, the dragon was still there, not having moved. She looked closely at it. It was a vibrant crimson red, with eyes the precise color of hers. In short, the dragon, who was now what she thought was adolescent sized, was beautiful. His wingspan was already easily twenty feet, and he was nearly thirty feet long. He was gangly , but seemingly graceful at the same time. However, her time admiring the dragon's physique was cut short when a masculine voice rang out through the trees. "What is your name?"
Meggie jumped. "Who's there?"
The voice replied, "You should know. You were admiring me just moments ago."
"No. No. Freaking. Way. The - you - talking?"
"In your head."
"Uh-uh! That is not okay! Nope, no, nein, nyet."
"And if you tried, you could talk to me in your mind as well. Instead of sounding crazy, having a conversation with yourself."
Meggie's eyes widened. "Wow. So you could hear me if I stopped talking?"
The dragon, who was definitively male, laughed. "Yes."
Meggie grinned then stopped in thought. "How did you grow so fast? I mean, you were just in the roc- er, egg."
He nodded. "Exposure to the mortal world causes our physical selves to mature far quicker than we normally would. You brought enough of the air of it with you when you fell through, that I was able to mature. And, my egg has been around for thousands of years, which is how I'm so... articulate? Yes, that's the word." 
Meggie squinted, as if in deep thought. "What is your name?"
He gave her what she thought was the dragon equivalent of a shrug. "I have none. It is the Tamer's job to name the dragon that hatches."
Meggie smiled. "How does Hirador sound?"
"Hirador. Hirador. I like it." Hirador replied. 
"Then Hirador it is. And uh... what do you mean by, 'Tamer'?"


© 2013 Wingless Fallen Angel


Author's Note

Wingless Fallen Angel
Italics are in thoughts.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty interesting write. Keep going!

Posted 11 Years Ago


love it! there are a few gramatical errors but other than that i love where this is going! i love your names too... very creative!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2012
Last Updated on September 23, 2013
Tags: dragons, fire, girl


Author

Wingless Fallen Angel
Wingless Fallen Angel

Lake Ann, MI



About
I'm Wingless Fallen Angel, obviously. Call me WFA, Wingless, Fallen, Angel, or any combination of the above! I love to write and read and not do arithmetic. I'm open to talk to you, about whatever. Me.. more..

Writing