Knowledge is Power

Knowledge is Power

A Chapter by Wingless Fallen Angel
"

“Perhaps family itself, like beauty, is temporary, and no discredit need attach to impermanence.” ― Gregory Maguire, A Lion Among Men

"
"Hirador... as much as I can joke about this, I don't understand. I know I sound like I'm five years old, but why did my parents send me to earth? Why didn't they fight to keep me? Didn't... didn't they care about me?"
The dragon sighed. 'Meggie... things aren't always in black and white. Your parents hadn't known you were alive for two years. Illiora, the Tamer who discovered your Mark, faked your death to your parents so she could take you away to find your dragon. You supposedly died right after your third birthday.'
"Why would the Tamers do that? Aren't they - you know - the good guys?"
'If only it were that simple and uncomplicated. There were many facets to the Tamers. And not all of them were good. The organization was eating itself from the inside out. They were all so desperate to get their hands on the prophesized Fiendfire, Scholara, Animalis, and Physika Tamers-"
"Whoa whoa whoa. Fiendfire? Scholara? Animalis? Physika? What does this all mean?"
"It means the specially gifted Tamers. The Fiendfire Tamer was prophesized to have power over fire and shadow. She was to be the leader of the four, the first. Supposedly the first to discover the Tamer realm, and the first to die for it. The Scholara Tamer was next. He was prophesized to have immense power over knowledge and wisdom. Anything you needed to know, the Scholara Tamer would know. How? Because anything known to someone who is alive during this Tamer's life is connected to his mind. Anything known, he'll know. Then comes the Animalis Tamer. She is said to be able to communicate with all animals, mystical and otherwise. She is a gentle soul with care for almost all things living. The Animalis Tamer is quick to trust and staunchly loyal. And last, but definitely not least, is the Physika Tamer. This girl is strong. More so mentally than physically. She controls the realms of one's mind. Telepathic, telekinetic, you name it. She is prophesied be tempted by the darkness, and almost give in."
Meggie just stared off into the distance. The four words repeated themselves in her head. Fiendfire, Animalis, Scholara, Physika. The one that latched most to her mind was Fiendfire. 
'Because you're the Fiendfire Tamer. And when we return to Sumhayn, we will need to free the last eggs. I am hoping that the caretaker remains in the palace. It would make getting the last eggs that much easier.'
'And the caretaker is who?'
'The Tamers palace was built on shapeshifter land, and if the Tamers were ever to pass from this world, temporarily or permanently, they were to send a guardian of sorts, a shapeshifter to watch over all of the treasures and writings collected by the Tamers. The last I remember, the main guardian was the squire Roan. Hopefully not too much time has passed between when my egg was there and when we get there.'


© 2013 Wingless Fallen Angel


Author's Note

Wingless Fallen Angel
Officially revamped and all that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013
Tags: girl, fire, dragon, psychic, scholar, animal


Author

Wingless Fallen Angel
Wingless Fallen Angel

Lake Ann, MI



About
I'm Wingless Fallen Angel, obviously. Call me WFA, Wingless, Fallen, Angel, or any combination of the above! I love to write and read and not do arithmetic. I'm open to talk to you, about whatever. Me.. more..

Writing