Her World

Her World

A Chapter by Wingless Fallen Angel
"

“That's the thing about magic; you've got to know it's still here, all around us, or it just stays invisible for you.” – Charles de Lint

"

Hirador banked sharply and spiraled down to where the blast had made contact. When his hind legs landed, he pulled his leathery wings tightly against his body. He released Meggie, sending her tumbling unceremoniously to the ground. She grunted as she sat up. She then focused on her ruby red dragon. He was snuffling around in the leaves and dirt, almost as if he'd picked up a scent. His tail began lashing angrily on the ground as he padded- surprisingly softly- among the leaves. 'It's here somewhere... it has to be. Must be here!' The dragon growled low in his throat while he was thinking. He came to the tree that had fallen into the crook of another tree and stretched his nose out. Something fizzled, and Hirador withdrew his head, rearing back. 'Found it. The hard way, of course.'

'Found what, Hirador? What did you find? Why did you jump back from the tree?'

'I found the portal to our land, Meggie. We can go home. To Sumhayn.' 

'B-b-but... I'm from... Earth,' she stuttered.

'No, Meggie. You - and some of your friends - were originally born into Sumhayian families. The Tamer mark appeared when you came of 3 years of age, as was usual. Before you ask, the Tamer mark is a beautiful design that starts at the base of your spine and grows as you get older. Yours was unique and red, which told the Elders you were undoubtedly special, even then. Anyways, that was when then the Dark Times came. Burnings and killings were common, and disease ran rampant. The older Tamers, the ones who were the peacekeepers, were being rapidly slain along with their dragons. The younglings, the unbonded Tamers, were hidden, never to meet their dragon. The day they sent you to Earth to be reborn, I was scheduled to meet you. The Elders cancelled the meetings, and gathered the four most promising younglings to be sent to Earth to be given rebirth. Brady was sent first. Then his twin, Haley about nine minutes later. A month later, they decided upon Rochelle. You were not sent for two months after Rochelle, through you were the first they had decided upon. All portals but one were destroyed. Although, it seems that someone has managed to re-open one of the others.' Meggie sat there, absorbing it all. She'd had a past life? Her mouth opened to tell Hirador that it was impossible, and then she realized something. She was sitting here, miles from home and her friends (who had probably called the cops by now. Meggie had always been crap at hiding) talking to a bright red dragon, after shooting fire out of her hands at something who had shot a real, medieval style bow and arrow at her. She was beyond impossible. She had just fallen into a fantasy land, and it looked like there was no going back up this rabbit hole, Alice. And now, realizing her parents... weren't really her parents, that none of her life on Earth was really her life... her brain was almost fried. There was one thing that hovered in the back of her mind, and she had to ask. 

'Hirador... if I left to go back to Sumhayn... what would happen?'

The dragon sighed sorrowfully. 'Anyone not of Sumhayn in a past life or presently would eventually grow to forget you. Life would continue and anything that you created would disappear. If you were in... what are they called, uh... photo-graphs you'd fade out.'

Meggie turned her head away and tried not to cry, thinking about how everyone pretty much forgot about her anyway. She took a few deep breaths and said out loud, "When do we leave?"



© 2013 Wingless Fallen Angel


Author's Note

Wingless Fallen Angel
Sorry for leaving it there!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha! I love the last few lines :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wingless Fallen Angel

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I tried to insert some corny humor! ;P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

271 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 8, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013
Tags: girl, fire, dragon


Author

Wingless Fallen Angel
Wingless Fallen Angel

Lake Ann, MI



About
I'm Wingless Fallen Angel, obviously. Call me WFA, Wingless, Fallen, Angel, or any combination of the above! I love to write and read and not do arithmetic. I'm open to talk to you, about whatever. Me.. more..

Writing