Daily Bread

Daily Bread

A Poem by LlamaLord
"

A piece with many indirect/direct meanings to it. Very personal and extremely 'close-to-home'.

"

Now, sober as the setting sun, my body lays in agony.
What came with this sudden defeat, also came a wave of pain upon me.

The want and need for a prescription sickens me. But it will not improve me.
It only builds towards the pain that I will hold later. Let it be.

Because right now, along with this struggle, I have many others.
Willfully enough, I attempt to strengthen myself with rough mends.
Find another lover and make our joy last forever, and again.

But the possibility of these two things coming to an end is not fair at all.
For I have lost my sense of direction and am now headed for the fall.

Save me Lord. Save me like you have before. Open my heart and eyes until
the bottom of my break touches the floor. No more wrong turns or no more right paths?
Lord, give me one or the other but I only pray you do not give me relapse.

For another day, another pain, will awaken inside of me.
The thought of such a catastrophe deeply sickens me.


The Lord speaks to me.
"So I give you today, your daily bread. You take what I have, and tear it shreds.
I give you redemption and you give yourself meds, as if my love was a insult to you.

I'll give you the chance, the chance of your life. You've used some, but have much to ignite.
Light fire to your addictions, for they lead to craze, and take my salvation with joy and praise.
Then my son, I will give you the gift of being saved."


Now, sober as the son, I await the defeat of such a strong sensation.
Each passing second is considered a chance or temptation.

Willfully enough, I attempt to retrieve love from the sacred place called a heart.
For capturing another love might bring back part of the lover in me.

© 2009 LlamaLord


Author's Note

LlamaLord
The meaning of this was to show us exactly what our Lord gives us each day. He gives us chances to glorify him and we must respect this.
"Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah! That was a very deep piece of writing..The metaphor was simply very striking and appealing indeed.
The plot of the piece is very refreshing and something with which all of us can relate ourselves to.
I'm actually reading a book "Like the Flowing River" by Paulo Coelho...(I have already read 8 books by him :D) But, the central idea of that book is very similar to the plot of your work (so, I just thought of mentioning about it)

I loved this part the most -
""So I give you today, your daily bread. You take what I have, and tear it shreds."
It was very very soul touching...and the idea can be applied to different spheres depending upon the psyche of the reader.

Overall, great work :) thanks a lot for sharing it here!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I commend you.
Not many are brave enough to put these types of pieces up.

For fear of sounding insincere by a lengthy and wordy comment, I'll say only that this piece's message was deeply appreciated, and very much understood.

Thank you.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! That was a very deep piece of writing..The metaphor was simply very striking and appealing indeed.
The plot of the piece is very refreshing and something with which all of us can relate ourselves to.
I'm actually reading a book "Like the Flowing River" by Paulo Coelho...(I have already read 8 books by him :D) But, the central idea of that book is very similar to the plot of your work (so, I just thought of mentioning about it)

I loved this part the most -
""So I give you today, your daily bread. You take what I have, and tear it shreds."
It was very very soul touching...and the idea can be applied to different spheres depending upon the psyche of the reader.

Overall, great work :) thanks a lot for sharing it here!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.



The emotion in this piece is just ridiculously strong. The choice of topic, the choice of words, the voice.. they all play into this emotional rollecroaster ride that is this poem. I guess maybe it hits me harder cause I actually know you.. but anyway..

Great piece, flows nicely, and has a feeling of transition at the end, sort of like a "before and after". Very well written.

jake :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I do not believe in God, but this is a very strong and beautiful piece. The flow is perfect and the rhyme scheme is very well done.


Krys

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 27, 2009

Author

LlamaLord
LlamaLord

Nashville , TN



About
Thanks for reading my work and / or visiting my page. Most of this writing is older. I was in my early teens when I started writing but took some time off about six years ago. Believe it or not, these.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by LlamaLord


The Park The Park

A Poem by LlamaLord



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..