Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Kayla

     I was laying on the wet grass when I heard footsteps in the forest.  I stood up and took a look around me.

Nothing.  I was just about to sit down when something grabbed my arms.  It was Jen and Graydon.

"Come on we're leaving." said Graydon.

"Where?....Why?" I asked in a startled voice.

"You'll find out later.  Now RUN!" Jen replied as she began to run faster.  I ran and ran for as long and hard as I could.  After about 5 minutes of running, we stopped to catch our breath.

"What....is....after....us?" I asked, taking in gulps of air betweem each word.

"We are running from Salmoondore, one of the witch's chief warriors.  He is very bad, he's cunning, smart, oh yeah and he's a werewolf!" Graydon replied in a 'shut-up-you're-annoying-me' kind of voice.

"A werewolf!" Jen screamed in shock.

"How can that be?" I asked.

"I told you, it's magic.  My entire society revolves around magic! Without magic, we will all die!"

There was a sudden scream.  I looked to my right and there was Jen, standing with her hands over her mouth.

"Wasn't me!" She said.  There was another scream.

"I'll handle it." Said Graydon, putting his arm in front of me to stop me from moving forward.

"Stay here!" He commanded as he ran off into the woods towards the screaming person.  There were more screams that were followed by what sounded like the crack of a whip.  A few minutes later, Graydon came back with one hand holding a little girl and the other dragging a large, ugly, black dog.

"Is that the..." Jen began to say when Graydon interrupted her.

"Werewolf? Yeah."

I heard her mutter the words "Oh my gosh" under her breath.  There was a slight stir over by Graydon.

"She's waking up!" A relieved Graydon said.

"How...who....where am I?" She mumbled in a weak voice.

"Well to start off, you are in Goodrum Forest.  But I don't know how you got here, though.  My name is Graydon and this is Jen and Katie.  What may we call you?" He still answered her in that relieved voice.

"My name is Meeygan.  It's pronounced like 'it's me again', but without the 'it's' and the 'a'.  But anyways, everyone calls me Shorty and I like that name more than Meeygan." She told us in a surprisingly cheerful tone. 

She stood up and walked towards the werewolf.  She looked at it with a horrified face, as if she remembered what just happened. 

Shorty pointed at the werewolf and then said, "I know that werewolf!"

 



© 2010 Kayla


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

134 Views
Added on February 3, 2010
Last Updated on February 5, 2010


Author

Kayla
Kayla

Rochester, NY



About
My name is Kayla. I live in the United States of America. I am starting my first year at Monroe Community College. I am extremely close to my family. I have three best friends (Cassidy, Karl.. more..

Writing
Alazainia Alazainia

A Book by Kayla


The Dream The Dream

A Chapter by Kayla