"His Magical Countenance "-resurrection and battle one-chapter3

"His Magical Countenance "-resurrection and battle one-chapter3

A Chapter by Larry Dyson

 

Events were now to take place that the beast alone would know of..the first great shape shifting began as the Hawk Dragon Beast maneuvered between planetoids on the outer reaches of the galaxy.. his form to function was being called into play by the high Priest and Priestess chanting from the runes of the ancient book.

The first battle was to be fought in the ruins of the old capital and by myriads of mercenary troops so not to be traceable to the powers that be ,and to hopefully find a hole, undefended, in the armor of the Beast.

As the formation of his magical countenance is accomplished the beast descends to the Old Capital --Sorobelth--whence came the Book of Ancients/spells and magics…to accomplish the task at hand. ..the Beast takes his place on the esplanade and readies for the coming assault..as his intuition fortold , the entities coming against him were embued with magical powers and spells were said over them to make them undefeatable under the hand of man .. mortal death would not defeat them…but the book could..the transformed Beast had a set of large telepathic horns they could devine the words from the Sorobelth as said by the Priest and the Spells as performed by the Priestess…The beast began the intonation as the Priest began from the Book ..the mercenary troops would get only so far before being turned upon each other..the magic was too strong for the evil powers' troops and they turned in confusion and ran ..only to be chased down by the magical beasts coming from the spells ..the smell and the gore were gruesome ..all were killed or devoured..in the end. Now the occupation and the rebuilding of "The Capital "was set in motion and made ready for the next onslaught……



© 2012 Larry Dyson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the many myth of many cultures being used in this story. I like the use of shape shifting. In Native American belief. A powerful Shaman can shape shift and be in two places at once. I like the description and story in the chapter. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


First impression makes me think Enochian magic :)
Again, the battle....the more I read...yes...surreal but with ancient knowledge :) Quite gripping too! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on October 1, 2012
Previous Versions


Author

Larry Dyson
Larry Dyson

Tomball /Magnolia, TX



About
WARNING!!--- my writing approaches Mature most of the time, read with caution if you are concerned ,or so WC thinks? - I'm a retired southern woods walker..who writes and lives modestly..I love n.. more..

Writing