Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Leah Elisabeth

Chapter 4
Freyja arrived, and swept into the temple. She immediately claimed it as her own. She shivered as she thought of the hold she would have on these people.
“I will finally have the power I have never had in Qintar. This place was meant for my rule. I must start to make some changes, immediate ones. We must make this into a proper place for the worship of The Nameless One.” She sat at her seeing glass so she could see what was happening in the dungeon. She looked at her glass only in time to see Moonstone die. She laughed as she saw Aida in tears. Happy that The Nameless One had succeeded to cause pain for his enemies.
One thing puzzled her though, why was Grant still alive. He was supposed to either be dead or dying. What had gone wrong? Was El really powerful enough to stand against her?
She knelt down and touched her forehead to the seeing stone. She stared at her glass, and a horrible emptiness filled her eyes. The Nameless One’s words were then spoken through her lips.
“I cannot kill him. El has so far managed to stop me, but this young man must die. He is El’s voice on earth. We must make a more powerful incantation. You will know it in due time. Now we must wait and be patient. Then, when the time is ripe, all my wrath will come down on him. I will crush his very soul. Wait!”
Freyja awoke, as if from a dream. She knew what needed to be done. She would be patient, and watch them as a cat watches a mouse.
><><><
Samara was poking along the wall, and found the door was no longer locked. They left in haste, and undetected. They walked unseen through the very stronghold of The Nameless One’s power, and he was blind to their going. Grant was so weak, he almost had to be carried, but he finally made it. They started to go back to Micaela’s home, but they decided it would be smarter not to draw attention to their little farm just outside of Zama. They were all followers of El in that house, and they did not want anyone else to disappear, but the prayers from that house never stopped coming.
><><><
Grant was convalescing for quite a long time. He sustained numerous injuries. His pain was so bad at times, that Micaela thought he would die, but after a couple months he could walk without pain. But as they waited, the Zarifians got deeper and deeper into the worship of The Nameless One. They were trapped in the endless circle of oppression, that The Nameless One had put upon them. The temple grew. Freyja was making people slaves so the temple could be more splendid then ever before, but they could never replace the warmth that had been there when the people knew that El was God. It was almost spooky in the light of the candles. The walls were pure white, and covered in ornate carvings of the seeing eye. The one that sees all that happens in the land of Zarf. It kept the people in line, they were afraid to do anything in case The Nameless One was watching. They see the symbol and they tremble in fear. Their whole land operated on fear. People did not have the right to think for themselves. Freyja whipped the people into a bloodthirsty mob and they would not be satisfied until people were hurt or even killed. El looked at this and it saddened him, for he loved the people very much. Almost no one would listen, but he still cared.
><><><
Micaela knew that action must be taken soon, but she was afraid for Grant. She didn’t want him to do too much, and get sick again. So much depended on him. She hoped Grant would be really well when it came time for him to go.
She forced herself to think of happier thoughts. Her parents had decided that it was time she and Grant were married. She wished it could have come in a happier time, but she also wasn’t going to complain. Everything was ready for tomorrow.
“ I can’t wait for morning to come.” She whispered into the darkness, and she fell asleep with a smile on her face.
><><><
Grant woke up excitedly, for a moment he couldn’t remember why he was so happy. Then it all came flooding back. He leaped out of bed and raced to get ready. He was starting to get jittery already, and the wedding wasn’t for another three hours! He was so afraid he would not be able to speak when he reached the altar.
Nothing prepared Grant for the first sight of Micaela in her wedding dress. Her dress shimmered in the lamplight, it seemed she was clothed in liquid silver. Her red hair shone with a sparkle that left him breathless. Such a joy was his when he looked into her deep, green eyes when they met at the altar. They knew El had blessed them with a love that would last for all time. The ceremony passed in a blur, and before they knew it, it was over. That night, they knew a peace they had not known ever since they were called. They did not know that all would not be peaceful long. The Nameless One was gathering his forces, he would attack soon. Nothing could prepare them for all that would happen next. El was the only thing they could count on in this spinning world of chaos.



© 2008 Leah Elisabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on December 28, 2008


Author

Leah Elisabeth
Leah Elisabeth

About
I am a young woman who keenly enjoys the beauty of a well-turned phrase. I believe that life without the spoken or the written word would be very empty indeed. My life is filled with song and story .. more..

Writing
Minion Minion

A Story by Leah Elisabeth


Lazarus Lazarus

A Story by Leah Elisabeth