Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Leah Elisabeth

It is dark, dark as it always has been and always will be. There is no light, but from the lanterns and candles of the people. There is no twilight, no dawn. Shadows do not move. The sun does not rise or set on the land of Zarif, for there is no longer a sun in the sky. The sun has become but a legend and a mystery, and the face of the moon is hidden from all. El's curse lies over the land. Long ago, the people turned away from the light of his love, and now they live in darkness. The Nameless One, the ruler of fear, now governs the people, and no one dares defy him openly. Few still believe in El. Only a mere handful still acknowledge him as God, creator. The people must choose whom they will serve. They will be shown the love of El, and the great pain they have caused him. Soon they will learn to love him.



© 2008 Leah Elisabeth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very interesting beginning... Also it has the undeniable merit of a prologue that isn't just a long string of history mostly irrelevant to the rest of the book. One thing I would caution you against, however, is using the term The Nameless One. Variants of this are all too common in fantasy (Sauron, Voldemort, etc.) and I have read books where these exact words are used. That's my only suggestion, though. I am planning on reading the rest of this!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hmm, great. This really pulls me in. I will start commenting on the rest of your book as soon as possible. Keep up the great writing! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2008


Author

Leah Elisabeth
Leah Elisabeth

About
I am a young woman who keenly enjoys the beauty of a well-turned phrase. I believe that life without the spoken or the written word would be very empty indeed. My life is filled with song and story .. more..

Writing
Minion Minion

A Story by Leah Elisabeth


Lazarus Lazarus

A Story by Leah Elisabeth