Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 9 Talith

Chapter 9 Talith

A Chapter by Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Chapter 9 Talith
I slowly sit up and look around the house.
Mom and Dad weren't home like usual but the house had an unsettling feeling to it.
"One more day," I mutter. I walk out of my room when I freeze at my doorway.
I was thinking about it being one more day of school but now that I thought about it, I was also referring to my birthday.
I walk to the kitchen and c**k my head at my own thoughts.
I've never been this excited about my birthday before. It's always been a come and go day, nothing quite special about it. But this year seemed different. Like something important is going to happen.
I shrug it off my shoulders and quickly get ready for school, finishing my language art homework and packing a lunch.
I race to the bus and it stops all too soon.
I hop out of the bus and as soon as I step on the ground, I'm sprinting away.
"Talith! I'll get you!" Zach yells. I roll my eyes and I end up at math. I try to keep my mind focused but all through math, and oddly enough when I was running after, my mind kept thinking back to my birthday coming.
I plop down into my chair in science and immediately my mind finds my birthday and chews on it. Luckily I didn't have any tests but I couldn't concentrate at all.
And I was very very surprised when Zach never caught me; I was way out of my league today.
I ran a little slower because my mind wondered like a small fawn trying to find it's mother. And I wasn't as quick as usual to hear him come running after me.
"Zach, something's terribly wrong," I holler back at him while running from lunch to art.
"No kidding! I haven’t gotten you yet!" he yells back, his voice so forceful it'll make the winds change direction.
"I don't meant that. I mean that I've been so slow today. Like mentally. Does that mean anything?" I ask.
He may be my enemy, my biggest enemy ever for that count, but no one else even goes near me so he's my closest thing to having a conversation with another human being.
"Yeah! It means you should slow down a bit and let me smash your head!" he yells back. I roll my eyes and quickly dash into the classroom.
The bell rings and I slump in my seat as class starts.
The rest of the day goes by and I tiredly run to the bus, hopping into it as soon as I get there and leaning against the window almost board. I see Zach still search the crowd for me but my mind totally blocks it out, not letting anything else in.
I think about my birthday.
Hopefully Mom and Dad can be there, and maybe even stay home for about an hour. That would be amazing. But, that's not what I was mainly thinking about it.
I was thinking about there being something, big. Important. Life changing. Those kinds of words.
It's almost like my mind knows something I don't.
It sounds crazy but this is coming from a kid with no one to talk to.
"Thanks Cal," I say as I hop off the bus and run home. I drop my backpack and walk around in circles, appeasing my mind and thinking about it as I walked.
I keep walking for about two hours when I yell.
"It doesn’t make sense," I mutter and run outside.
I race around the trees, tracing my hand along them as I run close to a few. I listen to the leaves crunch under my feet as I run through the forest. My thoughts clear like the wind blowing all around me. I finally then run back to the house, my breathing shallow and I try to bring in giant breaths to get my air going again.
I haven’t ran like that in a while.
I walk up the steps, each one groaning a little in pain as I hop up to the porch. I then sit on the porch swing and allow the wind to rock it gently.
My mind stays silent and I just listen to the leaves toss and turn as the wind blows hurridly past. I sigh wishing for a hundredth time that my parents were here.
Every kid I knew, whenever they were confused or misled or just so alone, they always had someone to talk to every second. A mom, a dad, a sister, a brother, a friend, an uncle or aunt, grandmother grandfather, random kid from school, teacher, someone.
But not I.
I had no one at all to talk to any second, or when I needed it the most.
"I'll see them tomorrow. Even if they were only back a second, I'll see them," I say aloud, fantasizing about being able to see my parents tomorrow.
I then walk into the house when I elaborate more on it.
I'll see them tonight. I'll stay up till midnight if I have to but I'll see them tonight.
I then trudge back to my room and flop onto my back.
I was little, running around the same house. Only the walls seemed bigger and taller. I played with a toy train. It was small, being only the engine but it had a face on it that smiles and it was my favorite toy. Dad made it out of wood and I'd play with it all day.
I sat in the hallway in the very middle and I'd roll the train around on its wheels, rolling onto its side, running into my shoe, going backwards.
That was my best friend. Mom and Dad were always gone back then too so I had my train.
To me, it was happy like Mom and skilled like Dad.
I snap my head back into the present an look at the clock.
It rang 11:59.
I sit there and lay back down on my back, tracing the ceiling when suddenly I freeze.
I feel a cool feeling wash over me and I immediately just allow the thought to come.
I knew right then and there that my birthday just came and I knew that something big was going to happen.
I knew that my world will never be the same.



© 2014 Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014


Author

Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen
Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Gilbert, AZ



About
Eight months ago, Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, and Charlotte Jensen became partners in crime. All three of us have started many books but have never successfully finished one. Then once upon a time in ou.. more..

Writing