Chapter 24 Talith

Chapter 24 Talith

A Chapter by Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Chapter 24 Talith

I scream as I sit up.

Rachel, Aanya, they were supposed to be right here.

"Wait!" I scream and scramble up to my feet. I look around and stumble back.

They were in the Forest, Aanya aren't too far and Rachel's all the way on the other side.

I stumble back and clutch my head.

"My power will kill me!" I cry and pace around.

The girls are gone. They're gone, they're gone, they're gone. I'm so worried about them. They have to be safe. They can't lay a single finger on them. If they do...

"Guys!" I yell and walk around at the forest behind me. I know that they are trying to confuse me. I know that they put me in the most protected and hardest of places.

Wait, where am I?

I walk around, the forest staying to my back.

I'm in a canyon, fog covering everywhere and blocking my view. My power strikes my mind and I know it's a magic spell.

Aanya could see right past it...

The walls all caved right down to where I stood and created a valley. A little forward and a small circle with grass that is beautiful.

I look up and scowl myself for thinking I'd be able to climb up. I then begin to travel the rocky path that led to the circle.

The others have to be safe. They have to be. I would never be able to forgive myself if something happened I them. Why had I run away without them?

I freeze and stare at the ground.

Why did I run?

I wasn't even awake, I just heard screams and yells and I woke up to running through the forest. When I opened my eyes I saw something truly beautiful. They were ruins that sat in different shapes. They glistened in the sun and they held some sort of picture.

That’s when I got knocked on the head and passed out.

I freeze again and slip on a stone.

My power overwhelms me and I hold my head, trying to hold it down so I wouldn't explode but it comes with a burst of color and light.

Men run back through the trees and a wagon, used in medieval times to move prisoners, was being pulled by four horses away from a certain sight. A man who made everyone's spine shiver talks to everyone, shouting orders and plots. A man then goes to the back and opens to Aanya and Rachel, blindfolded and tied when he forces them to drink a crystal blue potion that drugged them to sleep.

I gasp as the scene fades away and I'm suddenly angry.

They have Aanya and Rachel and they're blindfolded and tied and forced to go somewhere where they don't even know! And I'm not there with them!

I stomp the ground and the pain that swarmed in my head wasn't there. I'm only so furious that they're having that happening to them.

"How could I let this happen?" I say and stumble through the rocks as I keep making my way to the magical circle. Rachel would be able to walk straight through these rocks...

And what was that vision?

I shake the thought out of my head when I suddenly fall onto soft, green grass. I look up and see that the canyon curves around it perfectly and I race forward.

I have to get to the other two as fast as possible. I have to. They're in trouble and the forest is filled with magical spots that I'll be able to find. Only Aanya can see them because they're protected by magic but I'll know where they are. If it doesn't kill me.

I look around and over when I see a small pond of water in the center. I walk forward and look down at it.

The sun is just behind me so it doesn't cast a shadow, but a full reflection. My hair's the same as always, never neat, and my hazel eyes look filled to the top with true anger. I slowly reach up when I see a small line run from my hair to my eyebrow. It's where I was hit with a rock, leaving both a dried scratch that used to be bad but now not as much, and a small scare that'll stay there forever.

I then suddenly see something swim by underneath the reflection and I kneel down closer. The shadows then cast a shield from the light and I see a whole tunnel that led through the water.

I know it leads to the forest we had been traveling in.

I stand up and take a few steps back, thinking it over and pacing my mind. I have to go in but how long will that take to get to the other two then another route? If there was one.

I finally stop and dive into the small pond. I swim as fast as I can when suddenly I leap at air as it rushes to me. I gasp and look around when I smile in triumph. I then climb out of the water and race through the trees even faster than from when I ran from the school before I met the two.

My power burns inside me and I allow it to maneuver me. Rachel was the closest, and she just arrived at her 'prison' so I have to get to her.

I truly want to get both at the same time but I won't be able to do that.

I follow a force that feels like a strong rope, guiding me as it pulls me along, getting stronger and stronger as I get closer and closer to her.

I have I find her and make sure they're safe and sound and the horrible men didn't do anything.

At least I was the one hit in the head and not them.

I laugh when I suddenly stop. Trees stood before me but I know that there was something here. They're in little spots that's a magical cage, invisible because of a spell. If I had Aanya's power I'd be able to see that it was like a window, looking into the space that Rachel was in. But I only know it's there, I can’t see it.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes, walking through the window and into the space. I open my eyes and smile, my eyes on fire. I search around and see a small palm tree just to the left of where I emerged, making it a marker in my mind that the portal stands right behind it.

"Rachel," I mutter and race to the waves that crashed in rhythm. The sand slides beneath my feet but that didn't slow me down. I slow when I see a small figure. I evaluate who it is when I see they wore a blue t-shirt, unlike Rachel was wearing when I shake my head.

It's Rachel.

With deathly quietness, I walk over to her and stand just behind her and to the left. Her long hair blew in the wind as she sits there hugging her knees. She seemed lonely and isolated and she is clearly worried.

"You know, I bet your only worried about Aanya," I tell her.

She leaps a foot in the air and I laugh.

"Tailith!" she screams and jumps up, hugging me.

"Maybe you missed me," I say and hug her back.

"How did you find me! I didn't even know where you went! You ran away and then you weren't here or anywhere and she said something about the forest and then you suddenly are here but I don't know where Aanya is and I've been worried sick! They said they took care of you and, and your alive!" she cries and hugs me again.

"We have to get to Aanya as soon as we can and fast. I have no clue exactly where she is but I know how to find her. She just got to her paradise so we have to hurry just in case they did anything," I say and pull her toward the palm tree.

"So Tailith, coming to save us when you ran off," Rachel begins.

"One I had no clue at all I was running. I wasn't even awake till I saw something and that's when they hit me so I'd pass out," I tell her.

"They did what!" she exclaims.

"Made me fall asleep so I wouldn't get out of my paradise," I explain to her.

"Ah," she says and goes silent.

"Did they hurt you? Torture you? Did they tie your hands too much? Thrown you in too hard?" I question. Rachel suddenly stops and I'm pulled back with her, still holding her arm to lead her to our escape.

"How'd you know?" she asks.

"I knew you had powers and your name before you ever spoke to me. I know everything," I say. She gives me a look but allows me to lead her. I stop in front if the palm tree and look at her expectantly.

"What?" she asks.

"Hurry we need to find Aanya," I burst.

"What do I do?" she snaps and I slap my forehand.

"Concentrate on a doorway right here to be able to be passed through," I instruct. She closes her eyes and I then reach out. I feel myself being caught between two worlds and I quickly pull her through with me.

"Tailith you’re a genius!" she cries and follows as I begin to run, my power leading me as I speed up. We have to get to Aanya and I am not letting either one of them get hurt or anything. Not a scratch.

"Come on!" I call and keep running as fast as I can without losing her. Just enough so she can see me.

I laugh as she mutters something about how the guys were right saying how fast I am. I keep running, knowing the whole way there she'll yell to me to slow down.

 



© 2014 Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014


Author

Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen
Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Gilbert, AZ



About
Eight months ago, Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, and Charlotte Jensen became partners in crime. All three of us have started many books but have never successfully finished one. Then once upon a time in ou.. more..

Writing