Chapter 12 Talith

Chapter 12 Talith

A Chapter by Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Chapter 12 Talith
My eyes snap open and I quickly change into fresh clothes. I run into the kitchen but I don't see any sign of Mom or Dad of being home last night as I slept. And there wasn't a note or anything either.
I quickly make a bowl of cereal and brush my teeth, combing my hair just a little before racing out the door.
I promised some of the teachers I'd be back at the school today. Even if it was my birthday, I wanted to help when they said they needed a few extra hands preparing the dance for tonight.
I wasn't going. Not at all for me, but I wanted to make myself useful.
I race out the door and I smile as I see the familiar bus pull up to the bus stop and I gladly wait patiently before the yellow doors to open.
Cal smiles as she opens the door when I freeze.
Her full name was Cally Winsworth. She was from Mississippi and lived in a small town till she turned twenty four. She loves kids and she used to...
My mind snaps back to the present and find Cal looking at me weird.
"You ok kid?" she asks.
"Yeah. Yeah I'm perfect," I say as I climb into the bus slowly.
"Ok," she says and I sit into my seat. I look at her and shake my head.
"Cal, is your real name Cally?" I ask, taking my chances.
"How on Earth did you know?" she asks, almost stopping the bus.
"Just a lucky guess. It's a really nice name and it goes with Cal so I had just thought," I lie.
"Your a very clever boy," she comments and I see her smile in the mirror. I smile back and lean back into the seat, hypnotized.
How on Earth DID I know that?
I stare at the landscape around me but no answer comes. She goes to another stop and a couple of seniors walk it into the bus. I didn't know them by name but somehow today I did.
The first girl was Susan Dale, the boy Alex Perry, the next boy Dilion Batlon, the next boy Richard Mat, and the last girl Ryley Richards.
I sit there stunned and shake my head.
I've seen them at school before and I herd their name get called and because they're on my bus I remember them.
That's got to be it.
The bus finally stops in front if the school and I quickly hop off, looking around at the people I didn't know by name and see if one came. No name shows up and I relax. There was nothing to worry about.
I then follow my English teacher toward the gym as she walks by, motioning for us to follow. I suddenly knew that something was waiting for me and I shake off the feeling.
It felt as cold as ice when i got those feelings. When I knew Cal's name and just now, it was like a freezing wind was blowing on me.
I didn't really like it.
"Talith. We need you to work on the outside decorations," a teacher calls to me. I nod and walk over to the table labeled "outdoors" and pick up a box full of decorations, carrying it outside with me.
Immediately I start hanging up the decorations, a small star here and a couple of lights above the door, and a certain little des play went in front of it.
I keep on working when I hear a gasp.
"How'd you know it was supposed to be exactly like that?" the teacher asks. I freeze and stare at the light in my hands.
How did I know?
"Oh a kid had came and told me what you had wanted so I just did it," I say and place the light back, slowly climbing down the ladder. My fingers were clammy as I realized that she didn't give me any instructions yet I just, knew.
"Mrs. Firn, I'm going to go and rest for a little. I feel a little sick," I tell her as soon as I'm safely on the ground.
"Are you ok?" she asks suddenly concerned.
"I'm fine. I just need a few minutes," I tell her.
"You can go anywhere in the school that's unlocked," she says and smiles as I leave her to the decorations. I walk past one building and sit behind it from everyone's sight.
What on Earth was going on!
At first I knew Cal'd name, then all of the kids and I'm sure that if I let my mind wonder I would surly know where they were born and all of that, and now I manage to place the correct decorations in the exact spots that they were supposed to go.
I just sit there, my back against the building and sigh.
Nothing was making any sense and Mom and Dad weren't around nor any friends or family. I was on my own.
I was probably going crazy.
"Yep," I mutter and stand back up, walking over to Mrs. Firn.
The rest of the morning and afternoon goes by quickly. We finish decorating and setting up the school grounds for the party. We all then get dismissed, super tired from all of working and planning. All of the buses and parents come to the front of the school, meaning Cal was waiting for me.
I wave and smile when I see her. I hop onto the bus and sit in my front seat.
That's when I freeze.
"Talith," a familiar voice that's makes my skin crawl whispers.
"Zach," I say and close my eyes.
His breath was on my neck, breathing heavily from running after me to stay a fair distance away but know where I was going.
"Talith?" Cal asks.
"One never sees a future," I say with my eyes still closed. I knew Cal immediately knew what that meant and the bus slowly pulls away.
"Well I can see yours," Zach hisses at me.
"Zach just leave me alone for once," I tell him.
"But I haven't shown you how tough I am and how weak you are," he says.
My eyes snap open.
I suddenly knew all of his weaknesses. His temper, his personality in needing to be the best, him having a younger brother and needing to always feel in control, needing to feel the toughest ever.
"Your weaker," I mumble.
"What was that Stern?" Zach snaps, using my last name as a comeback.
"Your weak on the inside. You have to feel in control. You have to be the most biggest and meanest person around to feel like the best. You must know exactly everyone's weak points to make sure that you stay with that feeling. You don't understand anyone, only how to weaken them and land as many blows as you can. But you can't lay a finger on me, not a single finger. And your very frustrated by that," I tell him.
I suddenly stop and stare at my words. I didn't know I wanted to really strike him that hard. Just a little bit, nt a full on blow. Half of the things I said he's never told anyone, no one.
"Where's you get that?" Zach asks, and his voice stings me. It wasn't fear or confusions ranger or sadness or anything, just plain curiosity.
Cal stops the bus and I stumble out of the bus, racing into the forest about a mile away from my house. The doors are pulled closed just as I land on the ground and I race away. I run deep into the woods then finally run home.
It takes a while but I didn't care, it cleared my head and I run onto the porch steps and open the door. My backpack is tossed onto the floor
banging into the kitchen cabinet and I sit at one of the chairs on the counter behind the sink, my head in my hands. I rub my temples and lean with my elbows on the counter.
"Talith?" a voice asks. I gasp and look up, my mom walking into the kitchen and toward me. I smile the widest smile ever and jump down, racing to her. I hug her tightly and hear her laugh.
"Happy birthday," I hear my dad say as he hugs us both.
"You have to leave soon huh?" I ask and look up at them.
"Yes but I promise we'll be back soon," Mom says.
"I don't mind, I'm just so happy I got to see you today," I tell them.
"It was narrow but we managed to come and see you when you turned fifteen," Dad says. I smile and hug them.
"Can I ask you something?" I begin then stop.
Should I ask them? Here's my one chance to tell anyone. I could just be going crazy and should tell them. I wouldn't of even hesitated just moments before but now...
"What is it?" Dad asks and looks at me. I think about it for a split second when I smile.
"Will you be here tomorrow?" I ask.
"Oh yes, we will," Mom says and smiles back. She brushes back my Shri and kisses my forehead. Dad pats me on the back and they walk out if the house together, side by side.
There went my one chance to tell someone I was going crazy. It just went waltzing out the door.
But I didn't tell them because I knew what their reaction would be.



© 2014 Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

42 Views
Added on April 2, 2014
Last Updated on April 9, 2014


Author

Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen
Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, Charlotte Jensen

Gilbert, AZ



About
Eight months ago, Selena Cane, Anne Hudson, and Charlotte Jensen became partners in crime. All three of us have started many books but have never successfully finished one. Then once upon a time in ou.. more..

Writing