Made For You

Made For You

A Poem by Linda Marie Van Tassell
"

I have a deep conviction that our lives are eternal, that it is waking and sleeping, that we are born together with the people we love lifetime after lifetime.

"



In another world, I was made for you,

but you have forgotten my voice and face.

Lifetimes have distorted your point of view,

and I am a lost star drifting in space.

 

I wear your shadow in harbors of light.

In another world, I was made for you.

I burn a candle in this lonely night;

and with each flicker, I am melting through.

 

I wait with intention like morning dew

tenderly kissing a slumbering rose.

In another world, I was made for you

with passionate petals that never close.

 

Unfasten this shadow to sacred grace.

Wrap me in whispers braided soft and true.

Grant me an echo, a sweet sigh, a trace.

In another world, I was made for you.

© 2023 Linda Marie Van Tassell


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Linda Marie Van Tassell

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The atmosphere of inter-world longing and waiting jumps off the page here, and curiously evokes Cathy in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, a ghostly, heart driven calling. In the poem we have "another world" where in the novel it was about either side of the grave. This is more ambiguous, could be a case of parallel universes, or successive incarnations. But the latter seems more plausible, as the sense of endless recurring until something is resolved, artfully conjured in the way the line slips slowly down the lines in successive verses, has a karmic feel. And the first line of the second verse stands out as the perfect description of the essence of being in a relationship. Beautifully crafted.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Nick, for such a wonderful review. I am glad that you paid a visit. I hope to see more .. read more



Reviews

I relate very well with this work. You have inspired me Marie, to pen down my own emotions. Thank you for edging out what has been trapped in the secrets of my soul. Another poem is brewing.

Posted 1 Year Ago


A beautiful poem with great concept, form and accompanying music.

Great writing, Linda.

Posted 1 Year Ago


This appears as a form, and one with which I am unfamiliar-perhaps it is nonce? It is quite catching and the phrase chosen to repeat is wonderful. The whole poem echoes pathos and a hopefulness that something will change in the future and worlds will again collide.

Winston

Posted 1 Year Ago


As usual, excellent rhyming and meter. Like many of your poems, this one is tinged with melancholy and a sense of loss.

Posted 1 Year Ago


What a beautiful wondering poem about love and loss .Makes me consider the stories of the multiverse.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Always a pleasure, Ken. Thank you.
The atmosphere of inter-world longing and waiting jumps off the page here, and curiously evokes Cathy in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, a ghostly, heart driven calling. In the poem we have "another world" where in the novel it was about either side of the grave. This is more ambiguous, could be a case of parallel universes, or successive incarnations. But the latter seems more plausible, as the sense of endless recurring until something is resolved, artfully conjured in the way the line slips slowly down the lines in successive verses, has a karmic feel. And the first line of the second verse stands out as the perfect description of the essence of being in a relationship. Beautifully crafted.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Nick, for such a wonderful review. I am glad that you paid a visit. I hope to see more .. read more
A beautiful poem, thank you

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you.
It is always a delight to read you Linda because there is such depth of emotion in your writing and this reader feels it. Your stanzas are visually stunning and though I’m not at all sure I was made for anyone in particular, I so enjoyed my visit here.

Chris

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Chris. I am always happy to see you.
Gosh, I'd hate to meet the person I was "made for". Some lunatic that would be! ;) My wife tolerates me. My children love me but don't understand me. And if I had an analyst they would have committed suicide long ago. I know I'd drive them to it. Or I might pedal them there on a bicycle, depending on if they wanted to take the scenic route. lol Ah, but your poem was lovely and the sentiment, endearing. So, for that, I give you very high marks!

Posted 1 Year Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Ah! Thank you for the laughs. :) Best review E.V.E.R.!

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

228 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2023
Last Updated on February 12, 2023
Tags: Made For You, Quatern, Linda Marie Van Tassell, Another Life, Love, Waiting

Author

Linda Marie Van Tassell
Linda Marie Van Tassell

VA



About
Poetry has been my passion since I was about fifteen years old, and I love the structure of rhyme and meter moreso than just randomly throwing words upon a page without any form whatsoever. Whi.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Don't mourn Don't mourn

A Poem by Mk.t.g


Holes Holes

A Poem by Brad Dehler