Topography of God in Art

Topography of God in Art

A Poem by Linda Marie Van Tassell
"

We are God's greatest masterpiece.

"
Wall Art Picture Flower Black Woman on Canvas | Girls wall art, Wall ...


We are made of the earth and sky,

morning star, evening flame,

conceived in the All-Seeing Eye.

Breath of Life forthwith came.

Whene’er it rains, beauty is born.

A rose blossoms beside the thorn.

Whene’er it rains

        Whene’er it rains

Oceans rise as a cloud is torn.

 

A new day dawns whose breath is sweet.

The past is planted green.

Flowers blossom beneath my feet

as if I were a queen.

Walking softly, I plant more seeds.

Wildflowers grow among the weeds.

Walking softly   

Walking softly

I follow my heart as it leads.

 

The gentle grace that comes with time,

the lessons that we learn,

the words we weave in threads of rhyme

is wisdom to discern.

Earth in my bones, rain in my heart,

I am a brimming flower cart.

Earth in my bones

        Earth in my bones

Topography of God in art.


© 2023 Linda Marie Van Tassell


Author's Note

Linda Marie Van Tassell

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Linda Marie 🌾

From your title and illustration to intro, through every precise line and verse, your rich poetic-voice has blended the most fulsome poetic textures and hues in rendering this incomparable display of a masterfully brilliantly rare Refined Trijan REFRAIN form.
In sharing every poem you've posted at the Café, I've often marveled at the depth, breadth, and capacity of your poetic skills … this holds true to this day.
Furthermore, not only is the span of your formatic portfolio amazing, it is but a smidgen when compared with your vast original skills in how your depthlessly-creative mind blends metaphor, imagery, emotion, intellect, and every imaginable poetic device in consistently breathing vivid life into words in such a way they virtually dance up off the page.

Yeah, I know … you think I'm a bit over the top, but inspired is inspired, and smitten is smitten, as appreciated, respected, and admired is, too.

Plus, what else am I to do when so much in verse one unexpectedly defines and finds something that's Me,
as it all reveals so very much about the wonders of You? ⁓ Richard 🍂


Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Richard. I think the maddening crowd is made of poets; for, we never stop! The words, w.. read more



Reviews

The entire poem was amazing. We are nature, I know I am. I know I am of the earth and the sea, the sky, the flowers, the seasons, they are me. Your poem breathes, it lives, it has a pulse and it has a smile. Beautifully done. I love how this poem is constructed. Very cool design and flow.

This one stanza though really spoke to me.

"Gentle grace that comes with time,
the lessons that we learn,
the words we weave in threads of rhyme
is wisdom to discern."

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Will. :)
Beautiful imagery in this offering which depicts us as a masterpiece of God's art. The poem uses an interesting device, a double repetition of the essence of a previous line in each stanza. The theme of creation and blooming is reinforced in this manner. Verily, the earth is in our bones.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, John.
I love this. We are creatures of star stuff, we, carbon-based lifeforms made from the "dust of the earth" . But whether we are God's, "greatest masterpiece" might be considered a bit vain on our part. I mean, the universe is a very big place and we have no idea of what else is out there. But we do believe ourselves to be created in the image of God. But that image may not be so much flesh and blood as spirit beings. Perhaps we are not physical beings having spiritual experiences but rather, spiritual beings having a human experience. Earth seems very much like a classroom to me. It certainly has many lessons to teach. I was reading the prophet Isaiah last night and in the book it says that we will eventually destroy the earth by breaking the natural laws put into place by God. It talks about the end of the earth as a planet. I see some of this coming to fruition on the evening news. First, mankind got thrown out of the Garden of Eden for not following the rules...now he's destroying the planet. John says in 1John 5 that three testify, the water, the blood and the Spirit...not water alone but water and blood and these three are in agreement. I would be a liar if I said I wish the earth did not have to be destroyed and remade to purge it of the evil of mankind but looking around I can understand that precept. All it takes is walking down a country road and looking at all the garbage thrown along the road in complete disregard. People just do not care, But God cares. The earth cares. And I'm afraid some payback may be waiting us all in the not too distant future. Your poem is lovely. I enjoyed the read. F.

Posted 1 Year Ago


Linda Marie Van Tassell

1 Year Ago

Thank you, Fabian.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2023
Last Updated on February 25, 2023
Tags: Topography of God in Art, Linda Marie Van Tassell, God, Love, Temple, Refined Trijan Refrain

Author

Linda Marie Van Tassell
Linda Marie Van Tassell

VA



About
Poetry has been my passion since I was about fifteen years old, and I love the structure of rhyme and meter moreso than just randomly throwing words upon a page without any form whatsoever. Whi.. more..

Writing