Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor

The bus was quiet when Scott got on. The crowd was hushed as they stared straight into his lost, imperfect eyes. He felt terrified of them; his chest went tight and his fists clenched with tension. As he quickly chose a seat in the deserted back of the bus, the bus returned to it's usual chatter. Scott caught a conversation in front of him. It was about him.

"Hey, isn't that that new author kid that made a ton of money off his book?"

"Yeah. I think his name's Scott."

"I guess so. I knew immediately who he was when he boarded the bus. I don't it's ever been so silent!"

"I know! And nobody's been that famous since J.J. Jackson!"

Scott instantly knew who J.J. Jackson was. He was a kid that when to this school who became a famous singer. Everyone knew him until his music got crappy and they literally shoved him off the records. Scott's book, Pretending I Care, had made the best seller's list. He was the youngest author to ever hit the sales at fifteen. Pretending I Care was about a kid Scott's age whom had a common problem: bullies. But suddenly, the boy falls in love and shows off to her by beating up the bully. Six years later, the boy, who's name is Randy, is married to the girl he impressed by beating up the bully, who's name was Charlene. Randy is at home doing work from home when he hears the doorbell ring. Its the bully, who's name was Ivan. Soon, Randy starts to loose his job, and dream of Ivan every night. He's going through something he thought he would never go through: Guilt. And Pain. Pretending I Care made the top best seller's list and a ton of kids owned it now.

All so suddenly, the two girls who were conversing about him in front of him leaned over towards him. "Hey, Scott Granger." the cute girl in the green t-shirt and a patch on her left hand.

"Hello," Scott mumbled nervously.

"Yo! I'm Caroline Sheena." greeted the second with circular brown eyes and a grinning smile (her clothes were hidden by the seat).

"I'm Charlene Rhenyolds, like the Charlene in your book." droned the first.

Caroline Sheena whipped out a book from her backpack (which was also hidden by the seat). Scott instantly reconized Pretending I Care. He smiled happily, looking down at the book like it was the most beautiful girl in the universe. "Can you sign it?" she asked, holding out a pen.

"Sure," Scott delicately signed his scrawled handwriting on the leafy green page.

The bus learched to a stop. Another boy boarded the bus. He looked Scott sraight in the eye, then sat near the front.

 

 

Dennis Payr shuffled his feet warily as he sat down in the bus's seat. He had spotted Scott Granger, the "worst" author in the world, in the back of the bus, hoarded by a flock of deranged girls. Breathing in and out, he risked a peek towards the back. Scott was smiling and signing his book, Pretending I Care with a immence grin. Dennis hated this author, he thought his book was abusive and stupid. He didn't understand why all these delusional girls went "ga-ga" over him. I mean, he's not that beautiful, Dennis thought. He's a geek who writes crappy books. Why would all these people like Pretending I Care. Yet Scott was now at his school. And his life was ending.

And then, just then, he recieved another vision.



© 2009 allonsy_doctor


Author's Note

allonsy_doctor
muhahahahahaha

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love it! I love how you use different styles of writing to indecate different characters speaking. You could be a little more discriptive, though. I still don't know what the characters look like, what there surroundings look like, etc. It would be helpful as a reader to be able to picture the charaters and their surroundings so they could better understand what is going on. But I love it anyways, and please keep on going. And yes, it is me. My dad has finally let me on, and I am proud of it!! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 23, 2009


Author

allonsy_doctor
allonsy_doctor

In the TARDIS



About
Ello. My name is Olivia, but I am most commonly called Liv. I have changed quite a bit since our last encounter, in which I was obsessed with Heroes and JP. Now I am totally and uncontrollably in l.. more..

Writing
CHAPTER 1 CHAPTER 1

A Chapter by allonsy_doctor