The Shepherd Boy

The Shepherd Boy

A Book by Lonnie Paul Johnson
"

the story about young King David growing in his father home as a shepherd boy.

"

© 2012 Lonnie Paul Johnson


Author's Note

Lonnie Paul Johnson
The Shepherd Boy for me was the most fun writing this extended short short in 5 chapters. I wrote this so fast it took 2 weeks total to get everything I want to say on paper, at first I was kinda afraid to write this story because its a historical piece. I am not a Bible expert or a ancient Israel scholar.

This story stay in my head for months before I build up the nerve to even start this story, but I think for me waiting so long to write gave time in my head to figure out the characters and develops them completely, well I think.

This story is inspire by the Bible when David a boy pleaded with Saul to let him take on Goliath the Giant. One of the points David gave Saul to convince him to let him fight is that he kill a lion and a bear to protect his sheep. That part I want the a story about, first I wanted to a short story how David killed a bear, then it expanded to killing the lion. I kept thinking then I added his relationship with his brothers and parents and one thing lead to another to a short novel of 5 chapters.

This story like I say is inspire by the Bible but it is fiction only the very beginning and the end is base on the Bible with some embellishing on my part to give it a little more bit. I hope that you enjoy this story and please forgive me if I mess up on some cultural and history facts and tradition, I try to keep the very bland and vanilla in details only focusing on the story.

I hope if you read this story give me your feedback or commits, so thank you and enjoy this story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 11, 2012
Last Updated on March 11, 2012

Author

Lonnie Paul Johnson
Lonnie Paul Johnson

fort Worth, TX



About
I loved writing stories, when I was young I wrote very simple and crude stories base off of TV shows and movies I seen at the time. An event happen when during that time I believe influence my writin.. more..

Writing