Chapter I-Part I

Chapter I-Part I

A Chapter by Sasha Curtis



Walking out into the back porch I looked beyond the small fence of my backyard. I was gonna go to the park but then I remembered something. Today is the saddest day for me. A few years ago on this day, my mom got killed. Police couldn’t find any evidence that lead to who her killer was. Its sad because my mom, the only person who could get me to talk, got killed on this day. I never spoke to anyone, I walked to school alone, sat by myself all day, and came home alone. The smile on my mom’s face always gave me hope that life will soon be better.

    I went back inside really quick to grab my bag. It was already 7A.M., so I panicked and ran to school. At school this guy kept on staring at me. I just looked down. He came and sat next to me. Not knowing how to react, since my mom was the only person I talked to, I looked up, covering my mouth with my sleeve.  “Why don’t you ever talk to anyone?”  he asked while smiling at me. I smiled shyly.

 

The bell rang I didn’t know what to say, so I quickly got up and ran out the
door. Halfway home I realized that, I forgot my bag. I looked everywhere, and
in every direction. My bag was nowhere to be found. Someone gently tapped my shoulder. I looked up. It was the boy from earlier.   


      “You left this…”
he said, handing me my bag. Reaching out to grab the strap of my bag, our hands touched. For a moment we stood still, our hands touching. I let go of the strap and turned away. He just took my hand and put the bag strap in my hand. “You shouldn’t be afraid.” he said. He looked down at the sidewalk. I tightened a grip on the strap of the bag, because of the memories...


   
               ***



                                                                                                                                                
Even on the rainiest of days, my mom could always get me to smile. She
grew a garden in our backyard. There were lots of rose bushes, violets, small
trees, and plenty of other pretty plants and flowers. The small path that led
to the garden was painted light blue. Mom and I painted the path together when
I was little. The wall of the shed-that was in the center of the garden had a
mural on it. The mural had my mom and I dancing and singing in the garden. Rose bushes, rainbows, and violets were also painted on it. The mural went all
around the shed. It took about a year to paint that, even with huge paint
brushes. In a corner there was a large swing set. It was blue, with lots of
swings and slides.



 



One day, it rained so much that I was sad. I couldn’t visit the garden while it was raining. My mom smiled at the sight of all the rain. She told me that not a single dark cloud would let her happiness fade. “There’s always a rainbow hidden by clouds. You just have to take the time to find the rainbow, and bring it out of the dark.” She once told me. So many wonderful memories happened in this garden. No longer do the flowers bloom. This garden is dead now. Every time I think about how alive it used to be I start to cry.

 

                       

              ***        



© 2011 Sasha Curtis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
Added on March 9, 2011
Last Updated on March 9, 2011


Author

Sasha Curtis
Sasha Curtis

OK



About
HEYYYY~~! {yer i knoe mi writin' ihz hard 2 geht(;} ~Bi&emo&&luvin' iht~ What color looks best on you? Your Result: Red Red looks best on you .. more..

Writing
*UN-NAMED* *UN-NAMED*

A Chapter by Sasha Curtis