Chapter 02 - I'll Be Fine

Chapter 02 - I'll Be Fine

A Chapter by *~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*
"

Story of my life, enough said. I've been through a lot and I wanted to see what other people would think about it. :)

"

The party was just getting started when Jason and I arrived.  He had gotten ready in almost twenty minutes, counting his shower, whereas I took almost two and a half hours getting ready, not counting my shower.  I even had to get someone from the work crew to come up and curl my hair while I was putting my make up on.  I have no idea what Jason was doing while I was getting ready, but when I came down the stairs, he looked happier than ever.

 

“You look beautiful,” he said coming up to me and kissing my cheek.

 

“Thanks.  You’re not half bad yourself,” I said slipping my hand into the crook of his arm.  He led me out to the limo that was waiting for us.

 

Like I said before, the party was just getting started when Jason and I arrived.  The party was set up on the beach of a resort and had Christmas lights hanging all around.  There were around ten tables set out with ten chairs all around them.  We got our table number and went to find my mom.  Of course, we found her by the bar with a glass of champagne, already drunk.  She saw me with Jason and came running up to me, throwing her arms around me in a hug.

 

“Lucy, you’re here!  And you brought a date,” she said turning to Jason. “Hello, I’m Cecelia, it’s a pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Jason, and nice to meet you, too,” he said shaking her hand politely, then took a step behind me and whispered in my ear, “She kind of scares me.”

 

“She does that to all my friends that she meets when she’s drunk,” I whispered, then turned back to her. “Have you seen any of the Seven Dorks?”

 

“Well, since I can’t see straight, I have no idea who I have or haven’t talked to or seen, I actually don’t even remember what your name is, so I’m sure I’ll see you later,” she said walking off.

 

“So that’s your mom?” Jason asked.

 

“Yep, that’s my mom and she is always like that,” I said as tears filled my eyes.  I hated that my mom was a major drunk and cheats on my dad almost every other day.  Bu then again, my dad has a whole other family in Europe and spends most of his time with them. 

 

I felt a tear run down my cheek and brushed it away.  I had to stay strong no matter what.  I shook my head and wrapped my arms around myself.  Jason saw that there was something wrong but just put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

 

“Let’s go find our table, shall we?” he whispered in my ear.

 

I smiled. “Let’s go.”

 

We reached table six that was already full of my brothers and my cousin Trinity.  Jason and I took our spots and my brothers looked at me like I was crazy.

 

“Guys, this is Jason.  Jason these are my brothers Cody, Darren, Michael, Gabriel, Alexander, Logan, and Jacob, and my cousin Trinity.  Please be nice guys,” I said hoping that they would listen to me, but they weren’t looking at me because of Jason, they saw the tears in my eyes.

 

“Did you see mom?” Logan asked.  I looked up at him then looked down at the table.  “That’s why you looked like you were going cry.”

 

“Can we please not talk about it?” I snapped back.  Logan got a scared look on his face and turned to start talking to Alex.

 

Right afterwards, the crowd started cheering for my parents as they ran up on stage.  They started talking about how they have always had the dream of hosting a Christmas party and that their dreams had finally come true.  As they were talking, I glanced over at Jason and realized that in the four days that I had known him, I had never really saw what he looked like, I had just realized what his personality was about.  I just now noticed that he was absolutely gorgeous.  He had shorter brown hair that curled slightly on the bottom, vibrant blue eyes that looked like they were a neon sign, he was about six foot three, which I didn’t notice at first, and he was strong, really strong.  I was surprised that I even had the nerve to talk to him; me being only five foot eight inches tall, long brown hair that went down to the middle of my back, dull green eyes that looked like a muddy brown-ish color, average weight and small breast size, and usually shy and considerate.  With someone that good looking, I’m surprised he even talked to me.  He’s, like, Hollister model, gorgeous. And he was only thirteen.  That’s a record.

 

After a while I noticed that my mom’s voice sounded different than normal.  As I looked closer I realized that it was really her stunt double that was up there.  I turned to look at Cody who was sitting next to me and he had the same expression on his face as I did, along with everyone else, including Jason but minus Trinity, who was oblivious to everything right now. 

 

“Will you stay here with Trinity?” I asked Jason, knowing that my brothers were formulating a plan on where to find my mom.

 

“Yeah, of course.  Are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

 

“Most likely, yes.  And it’s going to be ugly.  Cody and I are going, I might bring Darren too.”

 

“Call me if you need me.”

 

I grabbed Cody’s arm and he followed me, grabbing Darren’s arm too.  We made our way to the resort and in the room part of it with the reception desk.  The lady sitting behind it looked worried that as we were walking up to her.

 

“Hi, is there a room here under the name of Cecelia Rodgers?” I asked, trying to hold my cool.

 

“I’m sorry, but no,” she said after looking through her computer.

 

“Is there a room under the name Alexandra Wood?” I asked which got weird looks from Cody and Darren. “I’m her daughter.”

 

“Can I see some ID please?” I pulled out my fake ID under the name of Christine Wood and showed it to her.  My mom and I got fake IDs just in case we ever needed to hide somewhere. “It’s all set.  Room 1436.”

 

“Thank you,” I said putting my fake ID back and walking over to the elevator.

 

“Who is Alexandra Wood?” Cody asked following me to the elevator and pressing the fourteenth floor.

 

“Mom’s fake ID.  We got them last year when mom and I got into trouble in Louisiana.  Remember the concert?”

 

“Sadly, yes.  Who do you think she is up here with?” Darren asked.

 

“I don’t know, but let’s just get in and get out as quick as possible,” I said as we reached the floor.

 

As soon as the door opens, the room was blasted with music.  There were people dancing and grinding against each other while stopping every few minutes to either kiss their partner or chug down their drink.  We made our way through the floor with me in between Darren and Cody so no one could make a move on me.

 

We reached room 1436 and knocked on the door, waiting for someone to answer.  The door opened five minutes later to my mom holding a joint in her hand.  Inside the room there were some people who looked barely older than me and I am only thirteen years old.  She slammed the door in my face and I stood there a second, holding my breath, standing my ground.

 

Cody wrapped his arm around my shoulder saying, “I’ll call the police, I don’t care if she’s our mother, she’s breaking the law.”

 

“Thanks,” I said as we left the floor.  After Darren had brought me back to the table, I took my phone out and text the rest of my brothers and heard police cars pull up three minutes later.

 

Jason looked at me and I smiled gently at him.  He grabbed my hand, squeezing it, and held it lightly in his hand.  After my dad was done talking a police officer came up to him to tell me what was happening.  As soon as the officer was done explaining what happened, my dad went running in the direction of his car, speeding off in the direction of his car speeding off in the direction they were taking my mom.  Jacob, my oldest brother, came up to me and told me that the seven were leaving and that mom ruined the party.  They were going back to the cabin and I told them that Jason, Trinity, and I would follow in my limo.

 

Back at the cabin, the seven of my brothers and Trinity sat in the living room playing that Wii while Jason and I hung up his clothes in my closet.  He would be sharing a room with me because there were no more rooms and I had a California King-sized bed.

 

“So do you mind sharing a bed with me?  Or there is the couch or the floor.”

 

“The bed is fine as long as you don’t mind.”

 

“Sounds good.  Do you want to change into pajamas and go out to the living room or change into comfy clothes and go to a midnight movie, or just stay here and watch a movie?  Whatever you want,” I said finishing hanging up the last shirt.  We had to make some major space in my closet, but after four and a half hours we had two sections of his clothes, two sections of my clothes, and ten boxes sitting on the floor.

 

“Midnight movie sounds good.  And I’ll pay for it.  You’ve paid for way too much of my stuff and I thank you for that,” he said bowing formally.

 

I giggled like a little girl at that. “You’re welcome, kind sir,” I said curtsying. “We should look up the movies.  Oh, I know this awesome movie place that my parents own that is right down the street.  We can get them to play whatever we want for free.”

 

“We should see the newest Harry Potter Movie, year seven part two.  I’m sure it would be great to see in theaters,” Jason said as I walked over to his closet and picking out some clothes for him to make sure that we had matching clothes.

 

“I’ve been waiting to see that for a while.  Is it okay if I pick out your clothes for you?” I asked looking through all of his shirts.

 

“Go ahead.  If you won’t let me repay you for the clothes, then the least I could do is let you pick out my clothes,” he said sitting down on one of the couches in the closet.

 

“Good.  Because I have to make sure that we match,” I said.

 

“Whatever,” he said.

 

I picked out a blue and green plaid button down shirt, white t-shirt, jeans, and skating shoes for him.  I went over to my side and picked out a blue and green striped sundress and white cardigan.  I threw the clothes at him and made him changed in the bathroom while I changed in the closet. 

 

So I’m sure that you already figured out that we became the best of friends after Christmas break.  He eventually moved with his mom to my school district and everyone thought that together we would be the cutest couple in the history of our school.  We were named the dynamic duo.  One reason because if we were ever put together in a sport, no one could beat us.  Another reason is because we sang together; duets, writing songs, and talent shows.  The last reason is because whenever you would think of me, the second thought that came to your head would be about Jason. 

 

We got used to being together and were great together.  We weren’t a couple though, just very close friends.  About once a month he would come over to my house when his dad was home and stay with me instead of going to his aunt’s.  One time in the summer between ninth and tenth grade he came to me crying his eyes out.  His dad had beaten his mom almost to death and no one caught him.  I offered for Jason and his mom to move in with me but he wouldn’t hear of it.  He wanted to keep me safe.  And I trusted him with my life.

 

 



© 2011 *~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the pace of this story. Giving each scene purpose and reason. Movement of life need to be slow and easy. The story allow the reader to get to know the characters and understand the situation. A very good ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this story....it keeps moving nicely.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are doing the near impossible! You are holding my attention. :0)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like this. I think it flows really nicely, especially compared to some peoples' writing on here haha. I love the direction this is going in. You really make the reader feel what she's feeling. I love that.

The only thing was that there was a sentence that confused me. "As soon as the officer was done explaining what happened, my dad went running in the direction of his car, speeding off in the direction of his car speeding off in the direction they were taking my mom. " Is this a typo, or did you mean something by it...? It should probably be "As soon as the officer was done explaining what happened, my dad went running in the direction of his car, speeding off in the direction they were taking my mom."

Other than that I found only one other grammatical error (which is rare- I usually get bombarded with them, since I'm practically the grammar police of WritersCafe.) Only, you might want to use commas more often. For example, there's a sentence that reads "Jason saw that there was something wrong but just put his arm around my shoulder and kissed my cheek." There should be a comma before the word "but." I see a lot of sentences like this, and without that comma it's a run on sentence. It's not a big deal, but it's just something that bugged me a little. But that's just me; I'm a grammar police officer. Haha.

Like I said, I love this story. It's great. Keep writing. You're great at it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the pace of this story. Giving each scene purpose and reason. Movement of life need to be slow and easy. The story allow the reader to get to know the characters and understand the situation. A very good ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 26, 2011
Last Updated on October 26, 2011


Author

*~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*
*~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*

Oxford, England, United Kingdom



About
I'm seventeen. I have two daughters, twins, Arianna and Abrianna, who will be two in December. Their father died in a car accident soon after they were born. I live with my aunt who is twenty-four,.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


TAke a PeeK TAke a PeeK

A Poem by Muse