Chapter 03

Chapter 03

A Chapter by *~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*

Jason and I ruled the school once we entered our junior year in high school.  When we walked down the hallway, the crowd would part, part of it because of my parents and the recent scandal.  My parents got a divorce because my dad wanted to marry his other girlfriend in Europe.  Then my mom was so upset that she killed herself.  So basically, I don’t have parents anymore.  The other reason would be because we were both running for prom king and queen.  At my school, you could run for prom court during your junior and senior year because our school was so small.

 

Ever since my dad had left, I had been living by myself in the mansion.  My cousin Trinity wanted to move in with me but her mom said that I was irresponsible.  So it was just me.  The house was big enough for twenty people to have their own bedroom, bathroom, and walk in closet.

 

Going home after school was like hell.  I hated going home to an empty house, it was so quiet that I could almost hear the crickets chirping.  I went right to doing my homework so I could be done with it for the weekend.  Later that night I was going to a club with Mason and Jason that my brother, Jacob, owned.

 

After doing my homework, I started getting ready by taking a shower.  Jason was coming at eight to pick me up so I had four hours.  After my shower I picked out my dress from my closet and all the rest of my clothes.  I decided out a dark green thigh length dress that had a flower in the middle of the top, it had spaghetti straps, and had three rows of ruffles around the bottom.  I matched it with black high heeled shoes, a black strapless bra and underwear, a dark green emerald diamond on my necklace, with matching earrings and my promise ring from Jason. 

 

On my fifteenth birthday, Jason gave me a promise ring that meant that if neither of us were engaged or dating on my eighteenth birthday, we would take a trip down to Las Vegas and get married.  It was a beautiful ring with a big emerald stone in the middle, which is my birthstone, with small diamonds around the rest of the band.

 

After getting ready, it was around the time when Jason would pick me up, I went out to the porch to wait.  He pulled up with his brand new car, a black Mercades-Benz, and I climbed in sitting down on the brand new leather seats.

 

“Nice car,” I said as we started driving.

 

“Thanks. I’ve been saving up for it since I was in the third grade,” he said turning up the radio.

 

“You’re such a dork,” I said giggling.

 

“So I wanted to talk to you about something.”

 

“What?”

 

“Your birthday is coming up and I was wondering what you wanted to do,” he said turning a sharp corner.

 

“It’s your birthday the day before.  You should have a say in it too.”

 

“I’ve never had a birthday celebration before. I’m kind of used to it.”

 

“You know what?  We are going to have a birthday party just for you this year.  I’m going to go all out.  Yes!  New project, starting tonight.”

 

“You’re probably going to be drunk tonight.  You know how it works when we go to the club, you say that you’re not going to drink, but you end up drinking more than a camel, and you throw up all over me.”

 

“That never happened,” I said exasperated.

 

“It has happened four times, and every time you end up even more drunk than the time before.”

 

“Okay, alright then,” I said relaxing in the seat. “Well I’m going to change.  If I can make it through the whole night without drinking then you have to be my date to junior prom, senior prom, and next year’s winter formal.”

 

“And if you don’t make it?”

 

“Then I will let you move into my house with me.”

 

“Live with you?”

 

“Yes, full time,” I said.

 

“You got yourself a deal,” he said holding his hand out for me to shake.  I shook it.

 

“Deal.”

 

~

 

The club was just getting busy when Jason and I showed up.  They were playing Teenage Dream by Katy Perry when I walked in.  The song was just starting and Jason pulled me out on the dance floor, starting to dance.  He knew that this was my favorite song and that I loved to dance to it so whenever I get the chance, I break out and don’t care what anyone thinks.

 

After the song, Jason and I went to find Cody, Mason, Darren, Trinity, and Jason’s other older brother, Luke.  They were sitting in the VIP room in a booth in the back.  Cody and Luke turned out to be almost best friends when they met at my mom’s funeral.  They were both slightly drunk and laughing at something.

 

“How long have they been here?”  I asked as I sat next to Mason.

 

“Since two this afternoon.”

 

“Have they been drinking since then?”

 

“No.  They helped the band set up and just started drinking a half an hour ago.”

 

“They are such lightweights,” I said.

 

The waiter same up to ask us what we wanted and I was so close to saying “Beer” when I thought of Jason and I’s bet.  I wanted to win so badly because I’m very competitive and I have never beat Jason before.  I just asked for water.  He gave me a weird look and turned to Jason.  He ordered a beer and everyone at the table turned to look at him.  Jason never drinks. Ever.

 

“You never drink,” I said.

 

“Just figured that since you aren’t going to drink, I thought that you should understand what I went through every time you drink,” he said giving me a smug look.  I glared at him as the waiter brought back our drinks.

 

“Bottoms up,” Jason said taking a huge gulp out of the mug.

 

This is going to be a fun night.

 

~

 

Jacob finally made his appearance at around three in the morning when the club was starting to shut down.  The seven of us who were sitting together were the only ones left drinking.  I didn’t make it through the night without drinking.  I “accidently” drank out or Trinity’s glass of margarita instead of my water.  I guess Jason’s moving in with me.  It’s not the worst thing in the world, is it?

 

Jason and I were dancing on the dance floor to no music when Jacob came down to get us.

 

“Lucy, Jason, the work crew has to clean up,” Jacob said grabbing my arm.

 

“Okay,” I said wrapping my arms around Jason’s neck and pulling him with me.  We went up the stairs and to the booth where Luke was passed out in the corner with Cody trying to wake him up and Trinity and Mason were having a secret conversation that looked like flirting.  Darren was stirring his drink and staring at it.  Jason sat next to Darren and I sat on his lap.  He wrapped his arm around my waist and started kissing my neck.  I tilted my head to the side so he could get better access to it.  Jacob sat across from us and grimaced when he saw Jason and I.

 

“Really guys, here?  Are you dating?” Jacob asked.

 

“We’re not dating.  He’s my best friend,” I said as Jason kissed the back of my neck and moved to the other side of my neck making me tilt my head to the other side.

 

“With benefits,” Mason, Trinity, Cody, and Darren added, then birst out laughing.

 

“I’m not sure if I like my sister being in a friends-with-benefits relationship,” Jacob said as Jason bit my neck, making me moan quietly.

 

“You two need a room.  I don’t want to see you two having sex on the seat.”

 

“Jason,” I said looking into his blue eyes.  I leaned forward, resting my forehead on his. “Save it for my house.”

 

He got a big grin across his face and kissed my cheek.  “I can’t wait.”

 

“You know, I hate to say it but you two would make a nice couple together.”

 

“Oh, we know that,” I said wrapping my arms around Jason’s neck.

 

“But wouldn’t you be the same couple with Mason?” Trinity asks.

 

“No.”

 

“No.”

 

“No.”

 

“No.

 

“No?  Why not?” Trinity asks after Jason and I were done with the chorus of alternating “no’s”.

 

“Mason has green eyes and he’s taller than Jason by three inches,” I said.  Mason nodded in agreement.

 

“I’ve never noticed that before,” Trinity said looking into Mason’s eyes.  Mason was the only one not drunk other than Jacob.  Mason and Jason never drink because of their dad.  He only went after Jason and Mason when he was drunk so his other brothers weren’t affected very much.

 

There was a short awkward silence until I stood up, threw my hands in the air and yelled, “Karaoke!”

 

I grabbed Jason’s hand and pulled him over to the stage that had two microphones and a computer.  I started looking through songs and found the perfect song for us.  I pressed the play button and we both went over to the microphone and the music started.  I started out singing first.

 

After the song, Need You Now by Lady Antebellum, Jason and I were both breathing hard.  All the cleaners were clapping along with everyone back at the table.  I curtsied and skipped off the stage with Jason walking behind me with a confused look on his face.  Mason and Trinity went up on stage starting a song I had never heard before.

 

As I made my way back to the table, one of the waiters stopped me.  He was hot, with blonde hair, green eyes, and could practically see the muscles under his uniform.

 

“You’re Lucy, right?” he asked as I stared at into his eyes.

 

“Yes, how did you know it was me?” I asked.

 

“You’re famous around here.  I’m Josh,” he said holding his hand out to me.

 

“His Josh, I’m Lucy.  You’re really hot,” I said giggling.

 

“Thank you,” he said smiling as I shook his hand.

 

“Do you want to go somewhere to talk?” I asked.

 

“Talk about what?”

 

“I don’t know, stuff,” I said grabbing his hand.  A smile grew across his face and I pulled him out of the VIP area.

 

When we reached the door to go outside, I turned to look back up at the table, where Jason was staring down at us with a worried look, a look that said, “Please don’t go.”  I took a deep breath and followed Josh back out to the street.

 

We caught a taxi and went to his apartment that he shared with his brother and his brother’s girlfriend, where I spent the night.  We didn’t do anything sexual, but we did make out intensely.  He was twenty-one and was the exact opposite of me.  My favorite color was red, his was green; he liked winter, I like summer.  But we got along fairly well.  He soon became my boyfriend after that and I was happy.

 

As for Jason, well, let’s just say that he wasn’t exactly thrilled that I was dating him.  I was still going to prom with him and he did move in with me, but he was always distant.  I get that he doesn’t like Josh, but why does he have to take it out on me?



© 2011 *~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this, but the only problem is that the whole she-ends-up-dating-Josh thing and the Jason-becoming-distant part can really be made into a LOT more chapters. You could write about her and Jason having a few fights, maybe, or just make a few weeks pass in her perspective and show how Jason becomes more and more distant. Or you could put in a few scenes of her and Josh together to kind of make the reader really grow a connection to him. Other than that, I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I look forward to ch 4. :0)

Posted 12 Years Ago


ok.......what the hell? What happened between Lucy and Jason? I thought they were a couple and so on. then this guy Josh comes along and everything changes so quickly....this makes lucy look flighty......

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good chapter. I like the future plans and the the four time falling down drunk. I like the reaction of the people to the two. Something are hard to be stopped. A excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this, but the only problem is that the whole she-ends-up-dating-Josh thing and the Jason-becoming-distant part can really be made into a LOT more chapters. You could write about her and Jason having a few fights, maybe, or just make a few weeks pass in her perspective and show how Jason becomes more and more distant. Or you could put in a few scenes of her and Josh together to kind of make the reader really grow a connection to him. Other than that, I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 1, 2011
Last Updated on November 1, 2011


Author

*~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*
*~* ReAdInG Mu5iC *~*

Oxford, England, United Kingdom



About
I'm seventeen. I have two daughters, twins, Arianna and Abrianna, who will be two in December. Their father died in a car accident soon after they were born. I live with my aunt who is twenty-four,.. more..

Writing