The surprise

The surprise

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter six
Harry's point of view
This is weird. I definitely made it weird. We combined our DVD selection and I let her choose, and like I predicted, she chose a rom com. The Notebook to be exact, and now after going through the extremely awkward sex scenes, she has her face buried in my chest having a full fledged emotional breakdown.
"I can't believe you've never seen this before!" I exclaim. She can't answer, only sobs louder, squeezing my torso harder. I can feel a big wet spot on my shirt from her tears as the credits roll. After about fifteen minutes, she finally manages to breath.
"I need to go to sleep for a million years, or dance around to peppy music. And it's only eight o'clock, so were listening to I Would whether you like it or not." She sniffles, wiping her eyes. She gets up and turns on the lights, then her iPod dock, changing the song to I Would, by me and the lads, naturally. 
"WOULD HE SAY HE'S IN L O V E BECAUSE IF IT WAS ME THEN I WOULD, I WOULD!" She sings at the top of her lungs, dancing around and making the letters with her hands. Is this what all fans do? I sit back in a chair and laugh at her. The way she's tossing around her straightened hair and dancing sassily. 
"Dance with me!" She laughs, her face lit up. It's quite a contradiction because her cheeks are still tear stained and her eyes still puffy. She grabs both of my hands and pulls me up jumping around and moving my arms until I'm forced to dance. We dance along to the music while laughing. I twirl her and jump around and then the song ends and She's Not Afraid starts. I sing along to my part at the beginning and she acts out the lyrics. "She sneaks out in the middle of the night, yeah.Tight dress with the top cut low." I laugh at her dancing for the lyrics. 
"Oh my god, should I tweet or something: dance party with Harry after watching The Notebook? Or does that sound too- oh my god. It does. Harry it sounds too much like we're dating. You know what? I'm having fun. I do this with Aaron and Jessie. I've cried into their shirts, danced to One Direction with them. You are my friend. Therefore, we shall dance." She says, continuing to jump around. After the song ends Little Things comes on and we had been mid twirl, so she's in my arms. The first instinct that comes to mind is to slow dance with her, and I don't hear any protests. Around halfway through the song, Niall's part, I ask quietly, "Hadley, do you slow dance with your guy friends?"
She hesitates. "No."
"Do you want to stop?" I ask.
Another pause, "No." She holds me tighter and turns away so I can't see her face as we continue to sway. After the song ends C'mon C'mon comes on, but we're not in the mood for dancing anymore. I know I'd love to kiss her until I can't breathe right now, but I feel like that wouldn't be accepted from her.
"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask, trying to ignore the urge to crush her to me.
"I dunno. Whatever."
"What possessed you to get a tattoo of the easy button?" I ask after a minute.
She thinks for a while, looking thoughtful, like she's lost in the past. "None of your beeswax." She decides on, with a little smile.
"Fine. So what do you want to do?" I ask, dropping the subject.
"I don't know, maybe we-" her phone rings and she picks it up.
"Hey Liam! What's up?" Hadley says into the phone, smiling. She listens for a minute, her eyes widening, "Right now?!" She listens for another moment. "COOKIE DOUGH?" She drops the phone and opens the window, looking out into the yard because we're only on the first floor. Liam stands in the yard, one hand holding pebbles, the other holding a tub of cookie dough ice cream for some reason, there is no screen on the window, and she climbs out.
"YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON EVER!" She yells, hugging Liam and kissing his cheek. He blushes happily and looks up at me standing in the window.
Liam's point of view
"Oh. Hey Harry, what are you doing here?" I ask.
"Oh we just watched The Notebook and danced around to get happy after." He says. The Notebook. That's a date movie.
"Yeah, we were both bored and I'd never seen it and everyone told me I had to see it. I kind of wasn't expecting to break down sobbing though. I'm sure it wasn't attractive and Harry took a bullet for you by accompanying me." Hadley laughs, climbing back into the window.
"Why don't you just use the door?" Harry asks, laughing.
"Doors are overrated." Hadley and I say at the same time, laughing when we realize. When we get inside we open the tub of ice cream and I find the silver wear in the kitchen, getting one spoon for her and one fork for me, because I don't like spoons.
"Only two? Okay, okay, I got the hint." Harry laughs, and waves goodbye, going back downstairs. Hadley and I dig into the ice cream, talking and laughing.
"So... What are we? I mean, I feel like this counts as a second date... Are we, like, official? Or like, officially official or just going out or-" she rambles nervously. I push a piece of hair behind her ear and lean into kiss her.
"Official. If you want." I whisper.
"Like... Enough to put on Facebook kind of official? Like that official?"
"That official." I nod, laughing. She smiles and leans in and connects her mouth with mine. I enjoy the feeling of my mouth moving on her soft, warm lips and her hand curled on my spine. I feel her pulse racing under where my palm is resting in her neck. Somehow she ends up on her back and I'm on top of her still kissing. 
"Oh, um... I forgot my shoes..." Harry says, looking awkward and red from embarrassment. He grabs his sneakers and goes back downstairs. Hadley giggles, still underneath me.
"He's going to have to get used to it, isn't he?" She laughs, bring me to her again. We stay like that for a while, making out lying down on her floor. The ice cream getting softer by the minute.
"I should probably go soon, Niall will be wondering where I am and I have to make the food, otherwise he'll make too much and waste it all." I say, trying to catch my breath.
"You don't want that." She smiles, kissing my cheek. I roll off her, straightening my clothes.
Hadley's point of view
After Liam leaves, I get my laptop and log into Facebook. You have no idea how long I've wanted to do this. I set my relationship status to 'in a relationship' (quite tempted to make it complicated because of Harry, but Liam doesn't know about that) and tag Liam. We all friended each other when they first moved in. After about five minutes, my wall is absolutely exploding with 'please let this be a joke!'s 'no way! OMG!'s etc. After getting quite a lot of abuse, I decide to post.
"A lot of people are telling me I'm crazy. Normally it'd be a crazy fan who would say they were Ina relationship with Liam, but really, he and I can prove it. I met the boys through Harry and Niall and now Liam and I are dating. I'm sorry some of you are upset :/"
Harry likes the post, and Liam posts on my wall a while later. "Good for u, standing up for urself <3 I had a good time tonight." 
Almost instantly, that post has a hundred comments. I read through the most recent ones and see a girl from my school wrote, "Liam! You deserve someone better! Don't date her! Two years ago she slept with half of the school and she probably has 60 stds, don't risk thattttt!" 
Okay, so Facebook wasn't such a good idea. And apparently people haven't forgotten about that unfortunate time. I see that Liam deleted the comment though.
Liam's point of view
My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I take it out to read the text. A name I never thought I'd see again on the screen.
From Danielle: glad to see you've found someone :) be as good to her as you were to me
From Liam: but u still left me. I guess I have to do something different.
"Who ya textin'?" Niall asks, plopping down next to me on the couch, "Hadles?"
"No, Danielle." I say, downcast. Niall pats my back and takes the phone away from me so I won't look at her pictures anymore.
"Why can't I get over her, Ni? I thought being with Hadley would make it all go away." I ask, leaning into my best friend.
"She was your first love, she'll always be in your heart." He answers simply. 
"I fall in love too easily, and it ends up with my heart being broken." I whisper.
Niall's point of view
Liam goes to bed and I'm left to think. I played puppeteer during truth or dare to get Liam closer to Hadley, but also give her a fair chance with Harry, but now I'm worried Harry is going to take her away from Liam. And he's so fragile right now. When Danielle left him, it was because of the hate she got from fans, she just couldn't handle it anymore, she had always had a pretty low self esteem, though none of us could ever fathom why. And Hadley... The way she dresses or acts doesn't suggest it, but I'm a good people reader, and she's running from something. She has a secret, something she doesn't want us to know, and it makes her insecure. The people who do know her secret might lash out and tell everyone, and that would destroy her, and as a last resort shed probably try to stop the hate by breaking up with Liam.
Or, it could go another way, a more likely way I think. Harry fancies her, we all knew it but Liam, because he's a little blind when it comes to these things. Harry has a lot of charisma, he's a very magnetic person, and it's really hard for people. Especially girls, to resist him for too long. Most who are in relationships can, but Hadley's already kissed him, before she was dating Liam, and she'll probably always remember that kiss and she might never be able to stop liking Harry. 
If she leaves Liam for Harry, it'll kill him. I'd be legitimately worried about his mental health if that happened.
I take my phone out of my pocket and call Harry, stepping outside.
"Hello?" He says.
"Hey Harry. Can you just listen to me for a minute?"
"Sure, what's on your mind?"
"Don't steal Hadley. I-"
"I'm not-" he tries.
"Just listen. I know you fancy her, maybe more than I thought at first, but Liam really likes her. And he hasn't liked a girl much since Danielle. Sure he went out and had a few hook ups, but he never liked those girls. I need you to stay away from her, for Liam, he's our best friend and if Hadley were to leave Liam for you, I'd be worried he'd try to kill himself."
"She chooses who she chooses." Harry says, and the line goes dead.


© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
I really should be studying for finals...
Reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You should've seen me, I was on my knees, yelling at the computer screen. I'm so glad no one is home right now.
It's just so..gah! No. Just, no. At first I was totally stuck on Harry, but then the Liam thing just made me awe, and I started liking him, then the Notebook came up and I was like, Go Hazza! And then Liam came back in, and it's just..Gah! So. Confusing!
Personally (I'm about to go into rant mode, you can skip this paragraph) I think Hadley -adorable name by the way- should, like, get together with Harry, because I think since Liam can't fully get over Danielle they should get back together, so everyone is happy. Though, that would be kind of weird, since in real life they're actually broken up. But who cares, this is a fanfiction, don't let reality stop you! I just *sigh* can't decide which one I think she should date. But...I think I'm leaning towards Harry. That's it! I'm locking in my answer, Harry and Hadley should date! But, since you're evil and like to toy with my emotions, you're probably going to change it. Though at the moment I'm team Harold!!
Sorry for that entire paragraph above, your writing just gets me so involved! As I stated, I was on my knees, screaming at the computer screen! I need the next chapter, like, now! I seriously can't wait! You're stories are like drugs, I have to keep myself satisfied or I go crazy! Anywho, I loved it! More please ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I think I have two chapters of it done all ready, if not then one, they're on my ipad so its a pain .. read more
Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Oh no! The irony! Well, I can't wait to read it!



Reviews

I LOVE THIS!! I READ IT OVER 3 TIMES!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You should've seen me, I was on my knees, yelling at the computer screen. I'm so glad no one is home right now.
It's just so..gah! No. Just, no. At first I was totally stuck on Harry, but then the Liam thing just made me awe, and I started liking him, then the Notebook came up and I was like, Go Hazza! And then Liam came back in, and it's just..Gah! So. Confusing!
Personally (I'm about to go into rant mode, you can skip this paragraph) I think Hadley -adorable name by the way- should, like, get together with Harry, because I think since Liam can't fully get over Danielle they should get back together, so everyone is happy. Though, that would be kind of weird, since in real life they're actually broken up. But who cares, this is a fanfiction, don't let reality stop you! I just *sigh* can't decide which one I think she should date. But...I think I'm leaning towards Harry. That's it! I'm locking in my answer, Harry and Hadley should date! But, since you're evil and like to toy with my emotions, you're probably going to change it. Though at the moment I'm team Harold!!
Sorry for that entire paragraph above, your writing just gets me so involved! As I stated, I was on my knees, screaming at the computer screen! I need the next chapter, like, now! I seriously can't wait! You're stories are like drugs, I have to keep myself satisfied or I go crazy! Anywho, I loved it! More please ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I think I have two chapters of it done all ready, if not then one, they're on my ipad so its a pain .. read more
Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Oh no! The irony! Well, I can't wait to read it!
Plzz change the title to I'm so so proud for the fourth fanfiction I'm bringing into this world. It just gets better and better.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Even though I'm not into One Direction it was a great chapter! :) Keep it up!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awesome chapter!!!! Can't wait for the next chapter send me a rr when it's done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 28, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The compliment The compliment

A Chapter by Sophie