The introduction

The introduction

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter one
"C'mon, don't you want to meet him? He's even having a sleepover RIGHT UNDER US!" Lydia urges.
"Please, Hadley? What if they're hot, we're soooo single." Elizabeth, Liz, adds.
"Fine, fine. We'll give them some cookies." I sigh. Me and my two best friends are having a sleepover, and we made cookies and then my dad warned that the new nineteen year old tenant who lives in our finished basement (who he was reluctant to let move in) is having a sleepover with his friends as well. Being eighteen year old girls ourselves, we had to see this. He's lived there for about two weeks now and has still somehow managed to avoid meeting anyone but my step mom. Lydia has practically made up his personality, right down to the favorite color, and so we have to found out how he truly is. She also wants to write our love story. 
We wrap the still warm homemade cookies in plastic wrap on a plate, brush out hair, apply make up, and out on pants instead of skimpy pj shorts (it's late summer and hot), and head down the stairs. I hesitate to knock on the door and so Lydia does it for me. We hear the tv mute and a bit of shuffling. The apartment is only so big, I don't know why they're taking so long. The door opens, but no one appears to be saying the word, "hello?" 
"Um, yeah, it's Hadley, I live upstairs and me and my friends Lydia and Liz made cookies and we were wondering if you- okay, can I please see your face? It's weird talking to nothing." 
There's a bit of whispering among them, like this is a big thing, jeez, is he deformed or something? Butt ugly? Too afraid to show his face in case our eyes melt? But as the boys reveal themselves, we see its quite the opposite.
Liz, Lydia, and I all open our mouths to scream before various members of One Direction clap their hands over our mouths.
I am way too tempted to lick Zayn's hand right now it's not even funny. 
Unattractive, muffled squeals sounds from our throat, and once they finally die down, they take their hands away. 
"Hi, we're One Direction." They say quietly.
"Why is one direction in my basement?" I ask liz, but she's just staring awestruck.
"I live here." Harry says, stepping forward from wiping his hand on Louis' shirt. I see Lydia had the same idea as me. 
"You live... In my house. Harry Styles. In... My... House..." I breathe, the world spinning slightly. Lydia, the caretaker of us, notices my wobbling and shoves a cookie under my nose, the scent bringing me back, but mostly because I love food.
"So you said you brought cookies?" Niall asks, going on his tip toes to see over zayn and Liam's shoulders. I try not to squeal at his accent, or the fact that he really does love food. I nod and hand them the plate. Niall immediately takes five of the ten.
"Niall! That's not fair! Sharing is caring!" Liam chides, trying to take them away, but Niall has already shoved them whole into his mouth.
"Meany." Liam mutters.
"So, why don't you three come in, and well explain." Louis says. We step in and Niall and zayn plop,down and immediately resume video gaming, while Louis and Liam duke it out for the last cookie.
"Am I the only one suddenly wishing I had stayed in my shorts?" Liz asks, still out of it. 
"Ignore her, we're all huge fans, but we've discussed it and we've always said she'd do something like this if we were to ever meet you..." Lydia says.
Harry chuckles, and I physically have to hold in a scream. "Well, I moved here because the boys and I are on holiday for a while, and I wanted to go back to school and live normally for a while. Stress about stuff like homework, instead of tripping in front of thousands of screaming girls, you know? So I moved in, and your step mom thought I looked familiar, but she couldn't place it. So if you have posters or anything, could you take them down?" 
Lydia nods, even though this isn't her house.
"Wait, school?" I ask.
"Yeah, starting in September ill be a senior at the local high school. Niall too."
"I think I've just imploded." I say tonelessly.
He looks at me concerned. "Not really." I add. 
"But you can't tell ANYONE. Not even your parents. If someone found out it would be really bad. Everyone ill know who we are at school, obviously, but they won't know where we're living." Harry says, taking my hand for added urgency, though it s just making my vision fade in and out.
"Where are the others living?" Lydia asks.
"Now that would be telling." Zayn grins, making Lydia visibly melt. 
"So do you wanna hang out down here with us?" Liam asks, after watching Louis eat the last cookie slowly after licking it all over so Liam wouldn't want it. 
"YES!" Lydia practically yells at the same time that say, "we can't."
"Wait, why?!" Liz asks.
"My dad won't like it... And we have to work on taking down the posters."
"You mean shrine?" Lydia teases.
"Shut up!" I laugh, turning red. 
"We'll, what abut when your parents go to bed? You girls seem nice, we'd like to hang out." Harry urges 
"Okay." I giggle, turning redder. I'm trying to decide what hang out means in Harry styles language. Harry is the womanizer of the group and so I don't know if he's trying to make a move on one of us, or if he genuinely wants to hang out. 
We get up to leave and zayn calls, "by the way, I like your make up." We run at that point, having forgotten that we did blindfolded make overs before we made the cookies. 
When we get back into my room, my heart is pounding.
"I need to scream so badly you don't even know." I gasp when we sit on my bed. Lydia hands me her insanely puffy pillow and I bury my face in it and scream. We start taking down the posters.
"They are even more beautiful in person." Liz says while taking down a poster of Zayn. 
"I agree." I laugh. Then we hear a guitar from the basement and we rush into the bathroom, where there's an air vent which allows for easier listening. We clean off the smeared red lipstick and eyeliner (I had a crappy one I don't use. I go through eyeliner like candy, just minus the whole eating thing.) while we listen. They. Are. Singing. I'm. Going. To. Die. It's a song I've never heard, probably a song they're writing for the third album. We try to fangirl as silently as we can.
"Night girls!" My dad says with Dorothy, walking into their bedroom. Liz, Lydia and I go back into my room to put on normal make up and do our hair and get dressed. 
"Should I?" I ask the girls, holding up the tube of red lipstick. They nod, grinning, "get ready like you would for your guy friends." Liz instructs. I have two guy friends I dress up for, Aaron who I like, and Jessie who kissed me once and then I saw him kiss another girl so I slapped him. I just like to let him know what he's missing. I grin and glide the lipstick over my full lips (which annoy me because the top lip is so not proportional to the bottom one, slightly thicker and I think it looks weird) and rub them together. Then I get my good liquid eyeliner out and do my usual cat eye and what my friends call ridiculous amounts of mascara, but I'm obsessed with eyes. The first things I notice in anyone is their eye color and eyelash length. Once Liz quizzed me and named random people in our grade and I knew every single one of their eye colors. We go through my closet for good outfits, and I put on galaxy wash high waisted shorts with a neon pink foley tank top tucked into it and flip flops, so it doesn't seem like I'm trying TOO hard, even though I so am. Lydia and Liz look amazing.
"Why couldn't we look like this on picture day?" Lydia laughs.
"Because the universe is amazing but sucky at the same time." I say as Liz tousles my wavy hair for me, because if I do it it just dies a horrible death and then strangles me because its so tangled. I French braid Lydia's hair for her and Liz puts hers in a bow bun and we head downstairs quietly. I knock on the door and it opens. 
"Hey g- whoa." Liam says after opening the door. We pretend not to notice.
"Hey!" We greet him.
"C'mon in." He says. The other guys have a similar reaction to our appearances. Ah, the wonders of make up and tanning lotion... We sit down on the couch and talk for a while.


© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Reviews please! And yet again, mi sorry for this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story urges me to introduce myself to the unknown people living underneath me in my mom's apartment...But I know it isn't One Direction. Because I haven't heard one peep from the first floor, so obviously One Direction doesn't live there..
Lol ;D
I love love love it so far! Although it kind of bewilders me how they expect to live a 'normal life' yet go to high school. At first I was thinking "maybe they could cut their hair and change their outfits or something", and then it dawned upon me, and I shrieked at the thought of Harry cutting his gorgeous locks!!
I love the humor in your stories, and the fact that so many of them involve One Direction. Lol I can't wait to read more, seriously, its only The Introduction and I'm already itching for the next chapter!
Post more soon, please! I need something to satisfy my One Direction infection.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

NEXT CHAPTER!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing. Fangirgling reading it ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love the names of your characters! Its hard to pick names, atleast it is for me. HAHA!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's great and OMG one of the characters has my name!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This story urges me to introduce myself to the unknown people living underneath me in my mom's apartment...But I know it isn't One Direction. Because I haven't heard one peep from the first floor, so obviously One Direction doesn't live there..
Lol ;D
I love love love it so far! Although it kind of bewilders me how they expect to live a 'normal life' yet go to high school. At first I was thinking "maybe they could cut their hair and change their outfits or something", and then it dawned upon me, and I shrieked at the thought of Harry cutting his gorgeous locks!!
I love the humor in your stories, and the fact that so many of them involve One Direction. Lol I can't wait to read more, seriously, its only The Introduction and I'm already itching for the next chapter!
Post more soon, please! I need something to satisfy my One Direction infection.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOVE! Sort of took a break from this for awhile but back in gear and am going to try to get back in schedule! Great job and can't wait for more Soph!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amazing introduction! absolutely lovely! cant wait for the next one. :D (and you've no idea how surprised I am that you haven't gotten me addicted to 1D.... XD)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aha amazing write :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

thanks!
The Fallen

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 4, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Emotional Emotional

A Chapter by Sophie


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


Hoping Hoping

A Chapter by Sophie


The compliment The compliment

A Chapter by Sophie


Prank Prank

A Chapter by Sophie