Hoping

Hoping

A Chapter by Sophie

32-Louis


I open my eyes and roll over to face Diana. My wife. I just love that so much. She's sleeping, her lips slightly parted and her eyelids fluttering slightly. I try to move away so I can get more comfortable, and almost fall off the bed. She's also taking up most of the bed. Who knew someone so small could manage that? Her arms are thrown out to either side of her, one hand curled on my stomach, and her legs under the covers are in some sort of strange position, as they always are. I move her arms so she's condensed a little and cuddle her to gently wake her up.

“Morning.” She murmurs, wiggling trying to get closer to me. I hear her stomach grumble.

“Food for the married couple?” I suggest, getting up. She lifts up her arms and groans, “Carry me.” I laugh and pick her up and bring her into the kitchen. I start making some... cereal. I still can't cook. Not even now that I'm married. I thought it was just a skill that you either get when you're a girl or you get married. Apparently I'm wrong.

“I love my new last name.” She says as I sit down with her to eat.

“It looks good on you.” I joke.


Diana


One year and one month later


I pace back and forth in the bathroom, the construction noises from our garage that's being built not soothing at all. Finally the five minutes have passed and I look at it. My heart stops. The little pink plus sign stares at me as I stare at it, and immediately my hand flutters to my stomach. There's a really tiny person growing inside of me, right now.

I'm pregnant.

When do I tell Louis?


I stand on the front step watching as Louis excitedly runs to the car to back it into our new garage. He starts backing up but the door is still closed.

“Louis! Stop!” I yell, but it's too late, the car collides with the door, completely ruining the back of it. He gets out and looks in shock at what he's done. He walks up to me, “I think I broke it.”

Instead of replying I hold my stomach and say in a baby voice, “You're daddy's a nut, isn't he? Yes he is.”

Then I remember I haven't told him yet.

“...What did you say?” Louis breathes.

“Crap, I forgot I haven't told you yet... Louis, I'm pregnant.”

His eyes don't seem to be seeing me as he whispers, “You're... pregnant.”

“About a month along.” I nod.

“You're pregnant.” He says a little more normally. “Oh my god, you're pregnant!” He breaks into a huge grin. “You're having a baby! You're having my baby! I'm gonna be a Daddy!” He's shouting it to the world. He picks me up and spins me around, kissing me at the same time. “We're gonna be a family.” He whispers against my lips, smiling. Then he pulls away and bends down and kisses my stomach, “My baby is in there!” He says, pointing and grinning up at me. I nod, laughing as he clutches my stomach, giving it a big hug. “How you doing Baby? Are you comfy? You're going to have the best mommy in the world, you know that? Hang tight, grow fast, I can't wait to meet you.” He talks to my stomach. He stands up again and kisses me passionately.

“I'm glad you're happy.” I say when he pulls away again.

“Happy? There needs to be a better word, I'd have to invent a word to describe how I feel right now.” He says. “We'll worry about the car tomorrow, we're calling Harry now.” He says. “Can he be the uncle? Is that okay?”

“Of course! They can all be uncles!” I laugh. He skips away, singing to himself about babies and happiness. I walk into the house, absolutely delighted with his reaction.

“Harry! Diana's pregnant!” I hear Louis yell into the phone.


“Good morning.” I say, rubbing my eyes as I walk out from our bedroom into the kitchen. I sit down as he flips some eggs onto a plate and start eating them. He's been trying to learn how to cook lately. After I've eaten one, I start to feel sick. Oh god. I run to the bathroom and vomit into the toilet. It's a week after I told Louis I'm pregnant, and I'm guessing this is the beginning of morning sickness.

“Were the eggs that bad?” Louis asks, letting go of my hair once I'm done.

“No, the little one must not've liked them though.” I say, putting toothpaste on my toothbrush and brushing my teeth.

“It'll be okay, it'll be worth it.”

“I'm thinking that now, but in the hospital, I'll probably feel differently.” I laugh.


“Are you ready for this?” Louis asks as the twitcam loads. I nod. A lot of magazines have already had their front pages covered with me with my stomach circled and the words 'Baby Bump?” next to it. And a lot of them have taken things Louis and I have said and twisted them around.

“Hi guys!” We says at the same time, watching the viewers steadily climb.

“So a lot of you have seen the magazine covers...” I start, “And some have noticed I haven't been out for about the past month...”

“We wanted to confirm the rumors, Diana is pregnant.” Louis says, a ginormous smile on his face. After a minute, the viewers shoot up, presumably from everyone telling their friends I'm pregnant. We purposely positioned the camera so my stomach wasn't in view, but now I stand up and turn the the side.

“I'm three months along, we've been taking pictures of my stomach every month to see how much it's gotten bigger.” I say, rubbing my stomach.

We talk to the camera for a while longer, and then we hang up.


I'm four months now and starting to get pretty big. I've only felt him or her move once, and Louis hasn't yet. We're sitting in bed, watching TV when I feel the baby moving around.

“Louis! Louis quick, he's moving!” I exclaim, excited, and Louis, looking nervous, lays his hand sprawled out on my stomach. The baby moves again and his eyes light up, like it's confirmation that he is going to be a Daddy.


“Ready for the seven month picture?” Louis asks.

“Help me up.” I groan from the couch, holding out my wrists. He helps me up, and I hold my back like pregnant people do. Cause, you know, I'm pregnant.

I turn to the side and he takes the picture. We've been posting them on Twitter.

“Why am I so big? I mean, jeez, it's like I'm nine months along, not seven.” I say, trying to see my toes. After a few minutes there's a few comments on the picture, all saying how big I am.

“He's gonna be one huge baby.” He agrees. We don't know that it's a boy, he's hoping though. We asked for a surprise because that's what you're supposed to do, sort of.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!
And I lied about slowing down, sowwy :( (I didn't really lie, I thought I was going to, honestly.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I remember you sending this to me a while back, and I was so uber excited about it! And I still am just as much now! This is so adorable! I want the next chapter so badly right now. I need to press the 'next chapter' button more than anything right now! I can't wait to see what happens!
I'm so hooked, like I've been all along.
Now Sophie, pop that next chapter out just like Diana should with her baby. Lol (Get my reference there?)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I remember you sending this to me a while back, and I was so uber excited about it! And I still am just as much now! This is so adorable! I want the next chapter so badly right now. I need to press the 'next chapter' button more than anything right now! I can't wait to see what happens!
I'm so hooked, like I've been all along.
Now Sophie, pop that next chapter out just like Diana should with her baby. Lol (Get my reference there?)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

awwwwwwwwhhh!!!!!!! baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay baby cuteness :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 24, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sexy Sexy

A Poem by Melody


Emotional Emotional

A Chapter by Sophie


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie