Married

Married

A Chapter by Sophie

31-Diana


Six months later


“I'm getting married.” I breathe, it's finally setting in. I'm standing in front of a full length mirror as the dress is laced up in the back. It's strapless and white, durr, and mermaid cut. It's very simple and elegant, like I wanted it. The top is ruched going down and that stops under my bust and then it's tight fitting and ruched across until about my knees. Then it puffs out slightly with a little tulle underneath, but you can't see it.

“Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue and a... damnit! What's the last thing?” I mutter while one of my hair stylists for promo and touring does my hair, doing a simple braided bun with two pieces on either side of my face curled and hanging down.

“A penny in your shoe.” Harri says, coming out from where she was getting into her maid of honor dress.

“Oh god. Do you have a penny? It's necessary. Everything has to go perfectly.” I say, freaking out.

“Stop moving! You're going to burn yourself.” Fiona warns. Is it perfectly still. “Okay, you're good now, I'll get Lily to do your make up.” She says, going to find my make up artist.

Finally I'm all done up and pretty-fied. Louis hasn't seen me all day, he's never seen the dress, and I have a penny for my shoe. The clips keeping my hair in place each have a sapphire on them for something blue, my great grandmother wore them to her wedding for something old, Lily used all unopened products for something new, and the garter isn't mine, I borrowed it from Megan. That's going to be the worst part.

“Diana? Who's walking you down the aisle? I know you don't like to talk about it, because you never have, but your dad is dead, right?” Harri asks.

“Yeah, since I was two. Harri, as my best friend, would you like to give me away to Louis?” I ask, grinning.

“It would be an honor.” She laughs.

We wait for a while, my stomach churning endlessly.

“The lights just turned on, it's almost time.” Harri announces, looking out the window as the Eiffel Tower blinks to life.

“Oh god... I think I'm going to throw up.” I say.

“Don't be nervous, it's just Louis. And you're in a fancy dress, that's all. It's going to go fine.”

“Diana? It's time.” Lily calls from the doorway. I take a deep breath and Harri and I walk out of the tent we're in and onto the pathway leading up to the Eiffel Tower, in front of which I'm getting married.

Married.

Mair.

Eed.

MARRIED.

“Oh dear god, Oh dear god I think I'm exploding.” I say to Harri before we reach the view of the guests (famous people! Omg! Wait... am I a famous person?)

“Don't!You'll rip the dress!” She says, laughing at bit, but then we're in view, Darcy just finishing her job of throwing white rose petals down the path. I clasp my bouquet in my hands, like it's the only thing keeping me on this earth, the only thing keeping me from bolting either straight down the aisle or in the opposite direction. But no, I can only go in one direction. (See what I did there?) I hook my arm through Harri's and take a deep breath, smelling my perfume mixed with the flowers. Louis' looking down at his shiny black shoes, looking as nervous as I feel, he hears the rustle of everyone turning their heads to look at me, and he raises his head, his bright blue eyes meeting my dark brown and telling me I'm beautiful. He breaks into a grin and I know there's no chance of running anywhere but at him. But I won't, I'll do this right.

Finally, finally, Harri slips her arm from mine and takes her place behind me while I face Louis.

“Hi.” He says quietly.

“Um, hi.” I say, my nerves visibly showing in my too loud voice and the fact that the bouquet is rustling because my hands are shaking. There's a few titters from the guests, but I'm starting to get tunnel vision, only seeing him.

I'm not really sure what happens until the part where I have to do my vows.

“Louis, I just want to promise you one thing. That I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be-” I grin as he realizes I'm quoting their song Moments, “But I just love you so much. And I really don't think, that at this point anything could tear that, I believe that what we've made... well from scratch basically, will be able to withstand anything. To uphold and stay strong even when you're running around with the boys on the other side of the world, or I'm running around with rainbow fake eyelashes and bustier shirts with short shorts in front of thousands of people across two oceans and a few continents. There's always been this... thing with us. Since we met, even though I kind of hated you, we always bumped into each other. Always. And it was like fate's little nudge just like, 'Oh shut up and kiss him already!' to me. I remember our first kiss so vividly, because it was everything it was supposed to be. Fireworks, angels singing, earth shattering. And every single kiss since then has been exactly like that, and I still haven't gotten used to it, after four years. And in a few moments, when we kiss and my last name is replaced, it'll be exactly the same. It will never stop, we'll be eighty and shuffling down the street and you'll grab my butt to make the kids walking by us laugh. But then you'll kiss me and I'll be young again, if only for that moment. I'll love you for always and forever, and if that's not enough, then until there's nothing. I'll love you for that long, in sickness, in health, in anything. You are my forever.” A few tears leak their way out of my eyes and I can hear sniffling from the guests.

Something else is said and then the words I've been waiting for, “You may kiss the bride.” It's like a dam inside Louis breaks, he wraps his arms around my waist, picks me up and crushes his lips to mine while spinning me around, my arms locked behind his neck, the flowers touching my face. There's applause and open sobs now. But hey, everyone cries at weddings.


It's time for the garter thing. Oh dear god. I hike up my dress and turn beat red as Louis manages to get it off with his teeth, looking me in the eyes the whole time. He flings it into the crowd, and Harry, who had been talking to Ed Sheeran, looks startled as it rings around his arm perfectly. He catches Harri's eye and winks, for she had caught the bouquet.

Now it's time for the first dance, the song we both chose was Holding Out For a Hero, but the Ella Mae Bowen version. Louis and I twirl simply, neither of us great dancers, but it's romantic nonetheless.

I'm dancing with Niall and we're laughing while Harry does a tango with Darcy, who's laughing uncontrollably in the way little kids do. Louis' dancing with Carrie, and she's managing to actually just have casual conversation with him. Zayn is dancing with one of my cousins, who is visibly flirting. After dancing with a few more people, Louis finally claims me again.

“How has your night been so far, Mrs. Tomlinson?” He asks, his hands on my waist.

“It's been pretty good.” I laugh, “No, really, it's been amazing, everything I'd dreamed.”

“It's so hard not telling you where the honeymoon is.” He grins wickedly.

“Well then tell me!”

“Nah, I can resist.” He laughs as I glare unconvincingly at him.


“Why aren't you letting me see out the windows of the car?” I ask, really wanting to know where we are.

“Because I don't want you to be disappointed with the honeymoon spot until it's time for you to see it. It's a bit unconventional.” He says, looking worried. We talk for a while longer and he checks the time on his phone as the car stops.

“Are you ready?” He asks.

I nod eagerly. “Don't get out of the car yet, close your eyes, I want to be next to you when you see it.”

I close my eyes and unbuckle as I hear his door open and close, and then mine open. He takes my hand and I stand up out of the car. Cold, frigid air hits me and I'm startled. He tilts my head back so I'm facing the sky and I open my eyes and clap my hands over my mouth.

“Are those...?”

“The northern lights, yes.” He says, looking at me. “Is it okay?”

“Okay?! It's perfect!” I say. I've always wanted to see the northern lights. After a few minutes of gazing in wonder, I realize I'm cold.

“Your teeth are chattering, why don't we go inside.” He says, leading me to a cozy looking cottage, our shoes crunching through the snow. He picks me up honeymoon style and passes the threshold of the house, making me smile, because it's something I've always dreamed of.

“So the kitchen is right there,” he points, “We're in the living room, and there's the bathrooms, and to our right is the bedro-”

“Off we go then.” I grin, dragging him into the bedroom and not even bothering to close the door, because no one else is in the house.

“Someone's eager.” He laughs.

“I don't know, I just really like this guy. I just married him, so...” I tease.

“Oh right, your name was recently changed to Mrs. Tomlinson.” He smiles, before bringing my lips to his.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
after the next chapter or maybe even the next chapter, I'm not sure, it'll probably slow down a bit.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I. Am. Lost. In. A. Fantasy. Right. Now.
It's stories like these, that raise my expectations of relationships and weddings. So when those aren't met, something feels missing, only because there was SO much that happened in this! I never want the story to end, it's all too good!
I have butterflies. I love it all so much!
So, so, so much!
I should probably end the review, because now it's me just fangirling, but over text. If you could see me right now I'm literally bouncing in my seat, grinning like a freak. I'm so glad I'm home alone. Lol xD
I loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I. Am. Lost. In. A. Fantasy. Right. Now.
It's stories like these, that raise my expectations of relationships and weddings. So when those aren't met, something feels missing, only because there was SO much that happened in this! I never want the story to end, it's all too good!
I have butterflies. I love it all so much!
So, so, so much!
I should probably end the review, because now it's me just fangirling, but over text. If you could see me right now I'm literally bouncing in my seat, grinning like a freak. I'm so glad I'm home alone. Lol xD
I loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHH!!!!!! that was perfect! :) amazing chapter, sophie!!! can't wait for more! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

354 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 23, 2012
Last Updated on October 23, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Sophie


Surprise Surprise

A Chapter by Sophie


Together Together

A Chapter by Sophie


Perfect Perfect

A Chapter by Sophie