Surprise

Surprise

A Chapter by Sophie
"

There's two chapters into one, I need you guys to choose which plot to continue with!

"

Louis-23


The following is an alternate chapter, the plot will not continue after it, the real chapter is after. I just came up with this and its so evil I don't even want to do it, but it was so genius I couldn't pass it up.


The rest of the boys arrive in the middle of Harry opening the velvet box, we called them while Harri was in labor. I snap a picture of Harri's face as she sees the ring.

“This is only a semi-engagement ring. It's half way a promise ring, and halfway and engagement ring. I never really planned on getting married at nineteen, but maybe when we're... I don't know, twenty-four? But I figured, we shouldn't do this completely backwards, just jumbled a bit.”

“I'm all sweaty and tear-soaked and covered in god knows what other liquids, and you're semi proposing now?” She grins through tears.

“Yes, I am. So what do you say?”

“Of course! Of course Harry!” She says, a fresh wave of tears rushing down her cheeks. I look over at my mum and see a few tears slipping down her own cheeks, though she smiles. Liam and Zayn look happy as Harry kisses her, but Niall is staring at the baby, whose eyes have opened. They are really an amazingly bright blue, even though Harry has green eyes and Harri's are brown, but all babies have blue eyes at first.

“Why don't you all go home, I'm really tired, you can come back in the morning to see Darcy.” Harri says, giving us a weak smile, her eyelids drooping sleepily.

“I'll stay here and sleep in the chair.” Harry says.

“No, Harold, go home, get a good night's sleep.” She says.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I'm positive, go home.”

“Okay, love, I'll see you first thing in the morning, I won't even brush my hair.” He says.

“Please, brush your teeth at least.” She laughs.

“Fine.” He says, kisses her quickly, and we all leave, heading to our respective places to stay. When Mum, Diana, Harry, and I reach my house it's around midnight, and we're exhausted, so we head straight off to bed.

“I'm completely rethinking this whole 'being a girl' thing.” Diana says, “I mean, it was painful to be there, I can't even imagine being the one giving birth.”

“I heard you shouldn't be able to survive giving birth, the pain is so intense the body shouldn't be able to handle it, but a mother's love over powers that.”

“Gee, thanks for the encouraging words.” Diana says sarcastically, pulling off her pants and putting on pajama shorts.

“Anytime.”

We're quickly asleep, and I dream of babies with Diana's eyes and my hair.


“WAKE UP!” Harry screams, shaking both of us. “WAKE UP!” His voice breaks in a sob.

“Harry? Harry what's wrong?” I ask, sitting up abruptly.

“Harri's in a coma, something went wrong, they don't know what, but she's in a coma! And I left her!” He sobs, visibly shaking. Diana and I are out of the bed and into clothes in a second, Mum's already awake and we run to the car. The car ride is agonizingly silent, I would fall asleep because it's 3:30 in the morning, but I can't I'm so worried for both of them. Harry stares out of his window, still shaking, his fingers trembling.

“What's that song you were singing in the shower a while back? When the whole band went in and told you that you were really good?” Harry asks, his voice weak.

“Ronan?” She says.

“Yeah, that one. What was it about again?”

“A four year old boy dying of cancer.”

“Okay. Could you sing it? I think I need something sadder to focus on.” He says, still staring out the window.

“Of course, Haz.” She starts the song and manages to sing it the whole way through, though tears pour down her cheeks, along with Harry's.

“Not working, thanks though.”

We finally reach the hospital and Harri's new room. There is a steady beeping of the heart machine. She lies, looking like she's asleep, peaceful, the diamond ring on her left hand. Harry rushes to her side.

“Harri, please wake up. Please, I love you, please don't leave me, come back.” He says, holding her hand. He buries his face in the bed and suddenly wails, “Wake up! Please! Wake up!” The last word comes out as a sob.

“Louis, comfort him.” Diana whispers. I nod slightly and the band retreats out of the room with Diana and Mum. I kneel down beside Harry and he turns to me and buries his face in my shoulder. “S-should we t-try singing?” He sobs.

“Maybe, I'll go get the others.” I say. He nods, taking a deep breath. I poke my head out the door, “We're going to try singing.” I say. We go back in.

“What song, Harry?”

“Moments... It kind of fits.” Moments is about a girl dying and a boy committing suicide to be with her. Diana sings back up for us, and sings with us on the chorus. Niall's solo comes and he looks shaken up as he sings. I open my mouth and start singing, Harri's eyelids shift slightly, but that's it. The song ends and there's no change.


Diana


Harri's been in a coma for four days, Harry is losing his mind. We're in the hospital, trying everything. We're down to telling jokes, hoping she'll sit up and laugh or something miraculous like that.

“What do you call a-” Zayn starts.

“I'm sorry.” Niall says looking at Harry. He walks steadily over to where Harri lays and takes her hand. “Harri, wake up, our child needs you. I need you.”

It was silent before, but this is beyond silent. It's so silent its deafening. I watch in growing horror as Harri's eyes flutter open and find Niall's. I look around, not sure what to do, and suddenly a keening wail fills the room. A sound so pathetic, so heartbreaking I didn't know a human could even make it. Harry. That is the sound a person makes when they're being broken into tiny pieces. He's staring at Niall in mixture of pain, rage, and sadness.

“Harry, I'm sorry. You guys ere all out and we were bored so-”

“So you had sex?!”

“No! I offered her something to drink and we got drunk, like, really drunk and things just went in a downward spiral from there.”

“But, 'I need you'?” Harry asks.

“And then... a while later... it happened again when we weren't drunk.”

“How long has it been going on?”

“It stopped when she announced she was pregnant, but the first time was three weeks before.”

I feel like I might throw up, Harri looks terribly confused, and I call in a nurse because that's really what you're supposed to do when someone miraculously wakes up from a coma.

“How did, 'I need you' happen in three weeks?” Harry asks, still looking broken.

“It didn't!” Harri pipes up. “I think I'm getting what's going on now. He knows, doesn't he?” She turns to Niall. He nods and she continues, “But I don't know what this 'I need you' business is. I screwed up, I know that. But I love you, Harry. I don't really know what came over me, I'd like to think it was the start of pregnancy hormones.”

“Which then means he also had sex with my daughter. You know, in a way.” Harry says, now fuming.

“Harry, there's something you need to see.” Louis whispers, “Niall, you come too.” I follow them down to the windows with all the babies, we find Darcy and as we look she opens her eyes. Harry physically crumples, I can see it, all the life just whooshes out of him as he notices the blue of the baby's eyes, the incredible blue that we've only ever seen on Niall.



Now here's the nice version of the chapter. If you guys like the evil version better, I'll continue with that plot, but for now, that was too evil even for me.


Louis-23

The rest of the boys arrive in the middle of Harry opening the velvet box, we called them while Harri was in labor. I snap a picture of Harri's face as she sees the ring.

“This is only a semi-engagement ring. It's half way a promise ring, and halfway and engagement ring. I never really planned on getting married at nineteen, but maybe when we're... I don't know, twenty-four? But I figured, we shouldn't do this completely backwards, just jumbled a bit.”

“I'm all sweaty and tear-soaked and covered in god knows what other liquids, and you're semi proposing now?” She grins through tears. The nurse takes Darcy to the baby room thing.

“Yes, I am. So what do you say?”

“Of course! Of course Harry!” She says, a fresh wave of tears rushing down her cheeks. I look over at my mum and see a few tears slipping down her own cheeks, though she smiles. Liam, Zayn, and Niall look happy as Harry kisses Harri.

“Why don't you all go home, I'm really tired, you can come back in the morning to see Darcy.” Harri says, giving us a weak smile, her eyelids drooping sleepily.

“I'll stay here and sleep in the chair.” Harry says.

“Are you sure?” Harri asks.

“Yes, I'm staying here.”

We say our goodbyes and Mum drives home.

“I'm completely rethinking this whole 'being a girl' thing.” Diana says once we reach my old room, now a guest room, “I mean, it was painful to be there, I can't even imagine being the one giving birth.”

“I heard you shouldn't be able to survive giving birth, the pain is so intense the body shouldn't be able to handle it, but a mother's love over powers that.”

“Gee, thanks for the encouraging words.” Diana says sarcastically, pulling off her pants and putting on pajama shorts.

“Anytime.”

We're quickly asleep, and I dream of babies with Diana's eyes and my hair.


“Oh my god I'm going on Ellen today!” Diana says as we board the plane to LA.

“Well, she does host all the big YouTube stars.”

“But Ellen is for famous people! It's so weird.” She says, grinning. The plane takes off and she falls asleep on my shoulder.


Diana


I'm going to throw up. Oh my god oh my god oh my god. There's people out there, I've only ever sung to a camera or people I'm close to. Oh my god. I walk out onto the stage at my cue and stand in front of the microphone. I'm singing a cover of Titanium.

“You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say...” I start, my nerves slowly ebbing away. After my song I sit in the big comfy chair across from Ellen Degeneres.

“So, Diana, this isn't your first interview, but all the other interviews have been with One Direction, right?”

“Yeah, this is the first interview that's actually about me.” I say, smiling.

“So your YouTube videos are pretty popular, how many views do you have?”

“Um, on my first video which was a cover of Moments, it has about two million.” There's a bit of applause.

“So a while back you and Louis told about your first date, and I like to be original, so what about the second one?” She asks.

“Well, it was actually the very next day, he texted me when he woke up. He couldn't wait to see me I guess.” I joke, “But we actually ran into an old friend of mine, who, at the time, kind of hated me-”

“Why?”

“Because I hated One Direction.” My face turns bright red.

“Ooh! A twist! I love it!” Ellen laughs.

The interview goes smoothly and she manages to make me laugh a lot, I'm a very 'laughy' person. A lot of people say in the comments of my videos that Louis and I are perfect because we both love to laugh. The interview ends and I meet Louis backstage.

“You did great!” He says.

“I was so nervous! She's so nice though!” I say.


“Being on plane rides is starting to get old.” I say, trying to un-pop my ears. We reach the car where we parked two days earlier at the airport and we get in to drive home.

“Louis, I think you're going the wrong way...” I say when he misses our exit. He smiles and glances at me, and then turns on the radio. Now my brain is going in tons of different directions, and I figit wanting to know where we're going.

We pull into the driveway of a beautiful little house with robins egg blue walls, a big yard with a big garden, a beautiful mahogany colored front door with glass windows cut into it.

“Where are we?” I ask. Louis merely reaches in his pocket and hands me a key that has words carved into it, “Home sweet home.” I stare at the key and then back at him.

“I thought it might be time that we formally live together.” He says.

“Oh my god!” I yell and burst out of the car. I put the key in the lock and open the front door. I stand in a kitchen with beautiful dark hard wood floors and white marble counters. All appliances already put in. I take in the scene and then turn around and run back out, where Louis is walking up the driveway. I run into his arms and kiss him.

“You like it?” He asks after.

“It's perfect, and I've only seen the kitchen. I'm going to have to take cooking classes or something!” I kiss him again.

“I love you.” I say.

“I love you too.” He says and we walk inside a house of our very own.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Which plot do you want me to continue with? Reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I would like the good version better, much better. In fact a lot better. A LOT BETTER! But then again, that's just my preference.
I loved both versions, to be compltely honest. The evil version had a very surprising twist, which literally had my jaw dropping. My dad walked in and I had tears in my eyes, so since I'm a girl, he just turned around and walked out so he didn't have to hear me go on and on about another one of your stroies ;D Lol
It was so sad! I love the happy one much better. It just seemed that the evil version changed my perspective on the members of One Direction. While I was reading it, I started to dislike Niall. I STARTED TO DISLIKE NIALL!!! How can a person even manage to dislike him?! That's what is so amazing about your stories, you pursuade me to think certain thoughts and feel a certain way. I don't even feel like myself when I read your writing, because you control me! Literally.
Both versions were wonderful, but I love happiness! Therefore, I prefer the happy version so much better. I rather not hate Niall for something that he didn't even do, and feel a terrible guilt for Harry that I shouldn't. (All because of you) Lol Just kidding.
Either way, I loved both of them, but prefer happiness over dread. Please post the next chapter, so I can see where you lead the story. Now I have the strong urge to read what happens next, and see where you decided to go. I trust you. Okay, that's a stupid thing to do. Since you love minipulating my mind.
ANYWAYS!!! Lol. Wow, I've really induldged myself in this review. I'll sum it up quicky so you don't go cross eyed reading this.
I loved them. Post more. Wonderful write! ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like the evil one better. Sometimes writers have to chose the harder plot (by harder I mean painful) it adds more to the story and makes it less predictable.

I also feel readers like the good side better because its less painful but sometimes it has to be done...think Harry Potter...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

evil version. lol there both good tho. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The evil I feel would have a good plot line. The good one is great though too. I mean if you were to do the nice version you need to throw in a very good twist. This is getting a little boring and kind of hit a dead spot. So . . . ya.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

Yeah, a twist is definitely needed, but the evil version is just SO evil, I can't stand it... so I'm.. read more
I would like the good version better, much better. In fact a lot better. A LOT BETTER! But then again, that's just my preference.
I loved both versions, to be compltely honest. The evil version had a very surprising twist, which literally had my jaw dropping. My dad walked in and I had tears in my eyes, so since I'm a girl, he just turned around and walked out so he didn't have to hear me go on and on about another one of your stroies ;D Lol
It was so sad! I love the happy one much better. It just seemed that the evil version changed my perspective on the members of One Direction. While I was reading it, I started to dislike Niall. I STARTED TO DISLIKE NIALL!!! How can a person even manage to dislike him?! That's what is so amazing about your stories, you pursuade me to think certain thoughts and feel a certain way. I don't even feel like myself when I read your writing, because you control me! Literally.
Both versions were wonderful, but I love happiness! Therefore, I prefer the happy version so much better. I rather not hate Niall for something that he didn't even do, and feel a terrible guilt for Harry that I shouldn't. (All because of you) Lol Just kidding.
Either way, I loved both of them, but prefer happiness over dread. Please post the next chapter, so I can see where you lead the story. Now I have the strong urge to read what happens next, and see where you decided to go. I trust you. Okay, that's a stupid thing to do. Since you love minipulating my mind.
ANYWAYS!!! Lol. Wow, I've really induldged myself in this review. I'll sum it up quicky so you don't go cross eyed reading this.
I loved them. Post more. Wonderful write! ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm sorry but I kind of like the evil. I just think it would be a more interesting plotline.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey, sorry I haven't reviewed many of these...ive been busy, but is still kinda feel like a bad friend.... :( so, in an attempt to make it up to you... I'm gonna give you a pretty long review covering everything i can think of, which should be a lot...... so here it goes

Now, it may be because I'm evil, but I like the first chapter better. It has a better plot line (now this is just what I think). It has a bigger twist and you have absolutely no idea where its going.I mean,You could go in both directions,but I like the first direction (bad joke, I know... XD, but hey, I tried. :P ) better. Its more sinister and really mean, and yes, it could break up the band, but that would be the fun, wouldn't it? try and give us what we least expect and scare the living S**t out of us? no, just me? am I the only one who likes to do that? really? ah well... so my vote is the evil one. >:)

now here's the actual review part of the review:

evil:
great write, I was on the edge of my seat. :) I knew that it had something to do with Niall, because of " Niall is staring at the baby, whose eyes have opened. They are really an amazingly bright blue, even though Harry has green eyes and Harri's are brown, but all babies have blue eyes at first." I knew that was there for a reason. ;) and it worked great. That entire devilish twist was great and i didn't really see it coming. I saw no spelling mistakes, but I've never been good with spelling... as for grammar mistakes,you're a grammar ninja, so I assume there are none. over all, fantastic evil chapter :D

Good: it was nice and sweet. nice putting in the 'Ellen show' part there.trying to take our minds off the evilness in the air, are we? hmmmm??? XD I think it was great, and the house! yay! moving-in-togetherness! (yes, I made up that word, It was on purpuse. (no idea how to spell that word tho... XD) :P ) anyhow, Love how she only sees the kitchen and already loves it XD and I would be afraid of Diana cooking, don't know why, but the idea frightens me..... *shudders* anyhow, overall, Love it.

Great write, as always ;) your a fantastic writer sophie! (do I even need to tell you that anymore? XD Ive said it at least a hundred times, but what the h***! One more time wont matter, will it?) :P

keep it up, and come to the evil side, we are....better than the dark side with their stupid cookies.....we have.... hmmmmm...um...*mutters* better than cookies, better than cookies....*shouts* got it! we have one direction hostage in a cookie basket! thats better than cookies, right? right???? RIGHT!?!?!?!

XD you have no idea how weird and funny it was writing all that... and just for the record, I'm a little crazy right now (when aren't I really...) because I'm on a sugar rush...so yeah.....SUGAR! XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

Omg, long review XD but I think I'm leaning toward the good side, though it is an amazing twist.
read more
Abbie

11 Years Ago

XD yup! I haddn't review this book enough, so i tried to make up for it. ;) you gryffendor!you alway.. read more
The good, the good, THE GOOD.
please ;)


Posted 11 Years Ago


Abbie

11 Years Ago

Okay.... o.O and of course were awesome! And next time.... I'll be gathering my forces.... This is a.. read more
Amanda

11 Years Ago

SOPHIE, SOPHIE DONT BE EVIL :)
Okay im done :)
Abbie

11 Years Ago

XD whatever. Evil will find its way.... Eventually.....

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 15, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


Present Present

A Chapter by Sophie


Captured Captured

A Chapter by Sophie


Idea Idea

A Chapter by Sophie


Children Children

A Chapter by Sophie