Weird

Weird

A Chapter by Sophie

Louis


It was a risk, but she's kissing back! She's actually kissing back. The ferris wheel lurches into motion again and we break apart. Her face is bright pink.

“So... does that mean we don't hate each other anymore?” I ask.

“I suppose so.” She smiles. We get down to the ground and we walk out of the carnival onto the dock. We're just talking for a while when her heel gets caught in the planks and she falls off the dock and into the water.

“Oh my god!” I yell, kicking off my shoes to jump in. She bobs to the surface laughing.

“Come on in!” She calls. I dive into the water, laughing. Oh my god it's cold. She swims under the dock and sits on a rock, kicking her feet in the freezing water. I sit next to her.

“I have to say, this is one of the weirdest, but best, dates I've been on.” I chuckle.

“Me too.” She says, “As much as I didn't want it to be, it is.”

“We should probably get out before we freeze.” I smile, glad its dark and she can't see me. We stand up on the slippery rock and she grab onto the side of the dock. She pushes herself up and I help by lifting up her waist. I get up and we drip, shivering on the wood.

“I'll text Harry to drive us.” I say, fumbling with my phone, which thankfully still works. Soon his car pulls up in front of us and he rolls down the window. He takes one look at us and bursts out laughing.

“Did you push each other in?”

“No.” I laugh, opening her door for her then getting in the other side.

“So what happened then?”

“She tripped and I dived in to save her.” I smile.

“Oh sure, that what happened, I told you to come in.” She nudges me. Harry takes in the exchange confusedly, then his eyes travel down to our entwined fingers.

“I was right! HA!”

“Oh just drive.” Diana laughs. She tells him her address and I walk her to the door. I give her a quick kiss, and the door is wrenched open. We both look up in shock. Her mum looked like she was prepared to be mad, but that melts to shock.

“Y-you're Louis Tomlinson.” She stutters. “Oh my god. CARRIE! GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!” She yells into the house.

“I'm so sorry for what's about to happen.” Diana whispers. A girl who looks about fourteen comes into view and screams bloody murder. Then she sees Diana and I holding hands, and our running face paint, and that we're soaking wet.

“What's going on?!” She asks.

“Uh, hi, I'm Louis.” I don't really know what else to say, so I hold out my hand. Neither of them take it so I just let it drop.

“Um, Louis was just dropping me off after.. after our date.” Diana says.

Carrie bursts into tears while her mom grins.

“YOU KNOW HE'S MY FAVORITE!” Carrie yells and runs away.

“Why don't you come in, dry off? I'm Sadie, by the way.”

“I really can't, Harry's waiting for me.” I jerk my thumb toward the car. “It was nice meeting you, I hope to be around again?” I turn to Diana hopefully. She nods and quickly puts her number in my phone. I quickly kiss her forehead, wave to her mum, and then get in the car.

“Well, not exactly what I was expecting, I thought maybe a buddy romance or a friendship, or at least just not hating each other. I was not expecting that.” He gestures to the goofy smile on my face which doesn't fade. We get to the hotel and the others notice it as well.

“So my plan worked?” Liam grins. Zayn comes up to me and waves his hand in front of my face.

“He's gone! What's happened to Louis?”

“He's in love!” Harry sings. That snaps me out of it, “Am not!”

“Are to!”

“Am not!”

“Okay, I know we were referencing pre school, but lets not act like we're four.” Liam laughs.

“So what did you guys do?” Niall asks. I plop down on the couch and describe the date. They laugh at the part where I was going to save her, “Did you pull the Superman card?”

“No, I was Spiderman, has all the face paint come off?” I ask.

“Well, your face is stained a bit.” Niall says. Great.


Diana


“You're dating Louis Tomlinson?” My mom whispers after she closes the door.

“I think of him as just any other guy, but yeah, I am.” I reply, opening the freezer and getting an ice cream sandwich. Carrie comes downstairs, hiccuping and her face tear stained.

“I-I've decid-ded to b-be happy for you.” She sobs.

“Does this mean you'll talk to me again? Because that was ridiculous.” I say.

They nod.

This is so weird.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the chapter. Swimming in cold water is for the young. I like how the walls came down and friendship was create. I like the ending with mother. You have create a very good story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it so much! I can't believe this! I love it so much! I can't believe this! lol lol lol!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She should just be like, "F**k you mom and f**k you sister." by the way how old is diana?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

18 or 19
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! You always write the cutest dates! My dates would be like " we ant to the movies and saw barbie and the unicorn destroyer." Wait..that would be AWESOME!!!!! LOL awesome chapter! I can't wait for more!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

:O
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

GUUUUUURL YO CRA CRA!
luv2dream

11 Years Ago

It's out! Next chapter in the book out soon

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

472 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie