Singer

Singer

A Chapter by Sophie

Louis-26


“So, we're going to try this again.” Diana says, putting dinner on the table. We got back together yesterday, and we decided we were just going to pick up right where we left off. We're all seated and we start eating. I made sure Zayn sat on the other side of the table, and he looks awkward.

“Can I have the mashed potatoes?” Zayn asks, and Diana goes to hand them to him, but I grab them from her and hand them to him myself. Everyone catches the exchange, but goes on like nothing happened. Dinner goes successfully, and by successfully I mean Diana and Zayn had no contact whatsoever.

“Louis? Can I talk to you in the kitchen?” Diana asks after dinner.

“Sure babe.” I say, and we go into the kitchen.

“Lou, he's your band mate, you can't distrust him forever.”

“But... but...” I thought she'd be completely on board with that.

“C'mon, he made a mistake that cost us all, and we have to forgive him.”

“Fine...” I sigh.

“Good, now let's get out there and sit next to him on the damn couch!” She says determinedly, looking adorable.

“I've missed you so much.” I say, smiling like an idiot.

“I missed you too.” I had to stay at the hotel last night because I had it paid for, and we've only been together enough time to get dinner ready up until now. I know we'll both be ushering everyone out the door as soon as we can so we can be together for the first time in a month.

The door opens as we're kissing, “Jeez! This kitchen, it's just a make out room!” Niall shields his eyes, closing the door. We sigh, knowing we have to go back out there. Zayn, Niall, and Liam sit on the couch and Diana and I plop down on either side of Zayn, who looks startled that we did so. We watch the X Factor, laughing at the awful auditions and then laughing when boy bands try out with What Makes You Beautiful, if they're bad, if their good we all just sing along with them.

Eventually, the boys leave and I close the door behind them.

“So what do you want to do today?” I ask after Diana's woken up enough to think. She snuggles closer to me, her arms wrapped around my torso.

“I dunno, just have a cozy day today? Slip down the halls in fuzzy socks? Something fun. Eat something fattening.”

“Sounds like a plan.” I grin and throw back the covers. We get dressed (in pajamas) and go out into the kitchen to eat breakfast.

“Oh, so a few days ago, I had an idea for that empty room, what about a music room? We could keep your guitar in there and I really want a piano and we could get you one of those fancy microphone things for your videos.”

“That sounds cool, I like it.” She says, but there's an emotion I can't read... disappointment?

“Did you have a different idea?” I ask, taking a bite of scrambled eggs.

“Not really, I just thought we might save it for... I dunno... um, kids?” She says, her face turning red and she looks down at her food. I have to keep myself from spitting out my eggs. I wasn't expecting that, after Harri gave birth, I didn't think she wanted any. She notices my difficulty of keeping my food in my mouth and says quickly, “I don't mean now! Oh god, not now, but like... in a while? I mean, assuming we're, like, together and stuff...”

“Diana, I-”

“It's okay, you don't have to apologize, I just thought we'd save it.”

“I was going to say I liked your idea better.” I say.

“Really?” She grins, looking up.

“Really.” I smile.

After breakfast we curl up together on the couch to watch the telly.

“So when does the Take Me Home tour start?” Diana asks.

“I actually wanted to talk to you about that, it's starts in a month...”

“A month?!” She says, disappointed.

“but look on the bright side... you'll be on tour with us, but this time you'll get paid!”

“Wait, what?!”

“Didn't Simon call you a while back? He said he would... he wants to sign you.” I say, confused.

“No way. I've been procrastinating on getting the home phone to work because I'd have to read the directions! And I missed that?!” She says, sitting up abruptly and grabbing the manual for the phone. “I have the phone all set up, just not the answering machine, meaning he could call and leave a message and I wouldn't know!” She says, trying desperately to figure out how to work the answering machine.

“Diana-”

“OH MY GOD I'M GONNA BE SIGNED!”

“Diana-”

“I can't believe this! My dreams are coming true!

“Diana!”

“What?”

“It's not plugged in.”

“Oh.” She says, staring at the cord I hold in my hands. Her face is flushed from excitement, and now embarrassment. “Well plug it in then!” I plug it in and the red light turns on that means we have a new message. Diana frantically presses the button and then starts nervously chewing on her nails while spinning around in a circle, her nervous mode kicking in. She did the same thing when Harri was in labor until Harri yelled at her because it was pissing her off. At some point, the waiting becomes to much and she sinks to the floor, still biting her nails and wrapping her other arm around her knees.

“This is what my sister looks like when she was trying to win One Direction tickets on the radio.” Diana says as the answering machine ends with the beep. Then she stares at the machine as Simon's voice starts.

“Hello, I'm Simon Cowell-” Diana squeals, covering her face with her hands, “I would like to sign you to my record company, and you could open for One Direction. I've seen your youtube videos and Louis has told me a lot about you, it would be an honor to have you. Louis can give you my number, have a nice day.” The recording ends and Diana crumples into a ball on the ground screaming in happiness. Sometimes I don't know what to do with her, but hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. I lie next to her and hug her while she squeals.

“Is this what having your dreams come true feels like? Like you're going to collapse?” She asks, a grin in her voice though her hands and sleeves still cover her face.

“Yup, pretty much.” I laugh. She turns around in my arms, both of us lying on the floor and she kisses me passionately.

“Thank you thank you thank you!” She squeals after.

“For what?”

“I don't even know! For loving me, I guess.” She laughs. She gets up and grabs the phone, “What's the number?” She squeals. I give her the number, and in fifteen minutes, she's signed to Sycho. After she hangs up, she bursts into tears, but laughing at the same time. She runs from where she was talking in the ktichen (she wanders when she talks on the phone) and runs into me, koala hugging me. You know, the hugs when the other person's arms are around your neck and their legs around your waist? I just hope she doesn't pee on my like actual koalas seem to love to do.

“Why are you crying, babe?” I ask as her sobs shake her.

“I'm just so happy!” She manages, cries breaking it up. She cries into my shoulder for a while longer, before lifting her head up suddenly.

“Louis, Christmas is next week. Meaning we're going to get older next week.”

“Ugh, don't remind me.” I laugh, sitting down on the couch with her still hanging onto me.

“Oh my god! I'm not going to be a teenager anymore!” She realizes. “Ew.”

“But, hey, at least you'll be working on your debut album as professional singer.” I laugh.

“Yeah, there's that.” She grins.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Ah! Happiness fills the air! I'm in such a good mood after reading this. Of course reading a fanfiction and all I imagine myself as Diana once in a while, and I was basically dying when the thing about Simon came up. This makes me want being signed on a record deal, and being Louis' girlfriend even more!
*Does happy dance*


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aha awesome chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ah! Happiness fills the air! I'm in such a good mood after reading this. Of course reading a fanfiction and all I imagine myself as Diana once in a while, and I was basically dying when the thing about Simon came up. This makes me want being signed on a record deal, and being Louis' girlfriend even more!
*Does happy dance*


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 8, 2012
Last Updated on October 8, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie