Happiness

Happiness

A Chapter by Sophie
"

okay, I lied. Not ten chapters. Not ten chapters at all.

"

30- Diana


One year and three months later


“I'm g-gonna miss you s-so much.” I sob into Louis' chest, standing in the airport.

“Daddy? Why is aunty cwying?” I hear Darcy ask Harry, standing behind me.

“Because she's really happy and really sad at the same time.” Harry answers his one and a half year old daughter.

“I'll miss you too, love. But you don't want to disappoint your Diana-saurus rexes, do you? I promise, you'll give them the best world tour they've ever seen.” Lou says, squeezing me to him. I pull away from his chest and bring my lips to his for our last kiss for a few months, until I get some time off and he can fly out to see me. I walk into the tunnel thing that connects to the plane and look behind me, where Harry is patting his back as best he can while holding unruly, curly haired Darcy, who's waving at me as I go. I turn the corner and he's gone, I won't see him in person for months. I'll miss his constantly laughing blue eyes and unruly, tousled hair, and his tan, warm skin. And I'll miss his lips on mine, and his arms around my waist while we sleep, and the way he sings weird songs in the shower but manages to make them sound amazing. They way he tells me he loves me constantly.

Just... him. As I take my seat in first class (wheee!) my phone vibrates.

I love you. So much, you know.

I love you too. Forever.

I have to turn off my phone though, and I settle down to sleep.


The crowd roars, “Well hello Diana-saurus Rexes!” I say into the mic as the music starts. This is worth it. Living my dreams is worth missing my love.


Louis


two months later


“Hey, Liam? I need your help picking out something for Diana when I go see her, will you come with me? Harri too?” I ask around the hotel.

“Sure!” Liam calls from his room.

“Love to.” Harri says from the kitchen, where she's feeding Darcy cereal. After everyone's ready, we head out on the town and go into shop after shop, looking for something that would be good. Then we go into a jewelry store and I look at necklaces and bracelets before finally, trying to be nonchalant about it, I reach the rings. The only reason I wanted to go out was to buy one. I just couldn't... say it. I don't know, I just didn't want everyone knowing yet.

“You're interested in an engagement ring?” The clerk asks.

“Yes, I am.” I say, and I hear Harri squeal behind me while Liam goes, “Oh finally.” they help me browse and thank god I remembered Diana's ring size from when I bought her a blue topaz ring she liked. She said when she was missing me, she looked at it because it was the same color as my eyes.

“That one.” I say, pointing to it through the glass. I pay the money and he puts it in the black velvet box. I slip it into my sweatshirt pocket and we head back to the hotel.


One month later


One Direction is on tour in America and Diana has time off, so she decided for her two weeks off, she'd vome on tour with us, like old times.

“GET MARRIED!” A fan shouts as Diana and I get out of the bus, she just laughs and rushes into the building, still uncomfortable with the whole 'fan of our relationship' thing. And being shipped on Tumblr. But I turn to the fan grinning, and pull the velvet box out of my pocket so she can see, while making the 'shush' motion. She shows the girl next to her, and they both go wild, but don't say anything to Diana.

We get ready for the concert, and she opens for us like usual, the concert goes on like usual, all five of us acting like idiots on the party songs and stuff. Then it's the last song.

“So, tonight guys we're doing something a bit different. You all remember the song from our first album 'I Want'? Well it's a different version tonight. And I'm sorry to all those who won't get to hear their favorite, if the last song we do is your favorite, but this is something really important.” I say. “Diana, could you come out here?” I see the fan I showed the box to near the front and she's completely fangirling.

Diana comes out, confused, and I tell her to sit in the chair I've put in front of me. The music starts and Harry and I start singing. I'll sing throughout the whole song, just with the other boys when they have solos.

“I'll give you this

I'll give you that

blow a kiss

don't take it back

if you looked inside my brain

you'd find lots of things, love, kids, diamond rings-”

The fans go crazy.

“stuff that's driving me insane.

You can be preoccupied different date every night

you just got to say the word

don't know what's going on at all

I just wanted to say, love,

That you're so beautiful and

I want

I want

I want

only you baby

I want

I want

I want

and you love me

I want

I want

I want

to be married to you

We've got everything we need,

but how bout a pregnancy?

Maybe in a little bit.

I would change the world for you

but you knew that, didn't you?

Girl, you're so beautiful and

I want

I want

I want

only you baby

I want

I want

I want

and you love me

I want

I want

I want

to be married to you”

The background music continues playing and I kneel down on one knee in front of Diana, who's hands are clapped over her mouth.

“Diana, we had a rough beginning and the lads got us together. But I feel like even if Liam hadn't had the idea to force us to go on a date, that, somehow, we'd still be right here, with me kneeling in front of you. I love you so much, and I've had so many dreams come true. But one has yet to be fulfilled. Remember our first Valentine's Day and you gave me a coupon book? Well, I have one blank one left.” I say, and I pull it out. “Diana, will you marry me?” it says. I take out the box too and open it in my other hand, glad we've upgraded to the microphones that go around our heads, I say into it, “Diana Michelle Ross, will you marry me?”

A few tears squeeze themselves out of the corners of her eyes and she nods, “Yes!” She manages to say. I hold her left hand and slip the ring onto her finger. It's a perfect fit. I stand up and move the microphone and wrap my arms around her, crushing her lips to mine. The crowd is screaming and I can distinctly here a lot of teenage girls crying, but I'm too wrapped up in the happiness of knowing that Diana wants to marry me.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
omg, I'm gonna cry, it's all going to be over soon!
reviews please :'(

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I actually didn't read past the first paragraph because the font was too small! I know it's a petty reason, but the words were blurring =o
Tabbing paragraphs and dialogue helps...
But once I copy and paste to a new document I'll give it a read =]
..future reference tho...

However, I do love your writing style =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I type all my work in microsoft word at 12 point font Times New Roman and for some reason no matter .. read more
AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

No worried. I write all my documents in microsoft as well, but when you paste, you can highlight all.. read more



Reviews

Ah! I can't even, I don't even know what to say! It's just, I can't, Gah! What have you done to me?! I'm smiling like such an idiot right now! That is so adorable! I'm fangirling so badly right now! Lol Sophie, this is so beautiful! It's just so, I mean, it's beautiful! I can't speak, or type!
Dead.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AWwww... I'm crying and laughing at the same time

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I actually didn't read past the first paragraph because the font was too small! I know it's a petty reason, but the words were blurring =o
Tabbing paragraphs and dialogue helps...
But once I copy and paste to a new document I'll give it a read =]
..future reference tho...

However, I do love your writing style =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I type all my work in microsoft word at 12 point font Times New Roman and for some reason no matter .. read more
AleyshaRosa

11 Years Ago

No worried. I write all my documents in microsoft as well, but when you paste, you can highlight all.. read more
I wuv it :3

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

464 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 22, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie