Idea

Idea

A Chapter by Sophie

Diana- 20


“How is it you ended up with the cold and not me?” I laugh, bringing over the bowl of chicken soup. Louis blows his nose and then shrugs, taking the spoon from me so I can set down the soup easier. I sit next to him while he eats

“Maybe they universe though an extreme case of hypothermia was enough?” He says. I roll my eyes, “I still can't believe you didn't want to take them to court!” He adds.

“They're fourteen year old girls, not only are they incredibly hormonal, but they're lovesick! I'm not saying it's okay, but I'm not going to send them to jail over it.” I say.

“Fine.” He says, leaning into give me a quick kiss but I put my fingers in front of it.

“Not today, Tommo. You're sick.” I say.

“Oh come on, if you were gonna get sick you already would have.” He laughs, but turns his attention back to his soup and I turn to the TV. Suddenly he captures my mouth in a messy kiss, and then pulls away, laughing maniacally, “Got ya!”


“Why, Louis, why?” I say, though my voice is deeper and muffled because I can't breath out of my nose. I try to clear it in a tissue, but I can't.

“Liam! Can you bring Diana a decongestant?” Louis calls, practically buried in our discarded tissues. I got the first sneeze last night, and it's just been downhill from there. Poor Liam looks frazzled, being the only one taking care of us, Zayn, Niall, and Harry opting to stay as far away from us as possible, practically wearing masks.

“Sure.” He says, going to the medicine cabinet and getting me a glass of water and the pills. I take the pill and we're talking when suddenly he sneezes.

“Oh come on.” He complains.


“Paaaauuul!” Niall calls, “we're out of tissues!” His Irish accent muffled by the inability to breath through his nose. Paul comes in, actually wearing a mask. When we give him a questioning look he merely shrugs and says, “It's like the plague.”

“Can you take a picture of us for Twitter?” Harry asks. We're all lying in futon, practically buried in tissues and snack wrappers. Paul sighs and snaps the picture while I unattractively blow my nose. The band all breaks into a chorus of 'Diana the red-nosed person'.

“Thanks guys, you're a great help.” I say sarcastically, and then sneeze. My phone dings as Harry uploads the picture, because I'm following all of them now (this may or may not have happened during those six months...) and I look at it. Louis leans over my shoulder to look at the picture.

“Oh, we look sexy.” He laughs.

“What with the snot everywhere and all.” Harri adds. I throw the blanket off me. I've been in the same pajamas for the past two days, its time to take a shower. I hate being sick. “Well, I'm gonna take a shower.” I say and shuffle off to the hotel bathroom. I turn on the water and step in, my nose clearing up from the steam. As I massage shampoo into my hair I start singing loudly, just the first song that popped into my head, though it's incredibly sad.

“I remember your bare feet down the hallway I remember your little laugh, race cars on the kitchen floor, plastic dinosaurs, I love you to the moon and back. I remember your blue eyes looking into mine like we had our own secret club. I remember you dancing before bed time, and then jumping on me waking me up. I can still feel you hold my hand, little man, and even the moment I knew, you fought it hard like an army guy, remember I leaned in a whispered to you: C'mon baby with me we're gonna fly away from here you were my best four years...”

And then I break down in tears, because I can barely handle the rest of the song.

“Why'd you stop singing?” A voice asks.

“Harry?” I ask, incredulous.

“Well, the rest of us are here too, we were going to harmonize with you. But we decided against it.” Niall says.

“But keep singing, you have a beautiful voice.” Zayn adds. Then I hear Harry ask with a laugh, “Liam? Louis? Are you crying?”

“Did you even here about that song? It's called Ronan and it's by Taylor Swift. She co-wrote it with the mother of a four year old boy who died of cancer and 100 percent of the proceeds go to Stand Up To Cancer.” Louis sniffles.

“And that is why I stopped singing, because I'm crying.” I say with a shaky breath. “Can I um, take my shower alone now?” I ask.

“Are you sure you don't want company?” Niall teases, and then I hear a small smack, I'm assuming from Louis, then the door open and close. I peek my head around the shower curtain to make sure they're really gone and then finish my shower. I wrap up in a towel and then go into me and Louis' room to change into another pair of pajamas.

I can't believe in a week I'll be in England, I've always wanted to go to Europe on a concert tour, and now I am! Just... not my concert tour, like I'd hoped. I had honestly given up on my dream of singing, forgotten about it, even, but on Valentine's Day, it came back.


Louis


“Hey Diana?” I ask, opening my eyes. The dark light of the town coming through the window illuminates her silhouette in a slightly blue glow.

“Yeah?” She says sleepily.

“Why aren't you in college?”

“I dunno. I just... didn't go in straight away, nothing called me.”

“Like, you didn't know what career you wanted?”

“No, I knew, but nothing could help me with that.”

“What do you want to be?” I ask.

Her voice is small, but full of longing when she answers, “A singer.” A grin spreads on my face, though I know she can't see it.

“You know what we should do? You should post YouTube videos, see what people think of you, and then I'm sure if they like you, you'll get a record deal with Sycho.”

“I don't know...” She says.

“Well, we an decide later, I'm tired.” I say, wrapping my arms around her and kissing her head before settling down to fall asleep.


I wake up and Diana's not in the bed, so I get up and walk into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes. I smell- oh my god, my nose works! And there's bacon!

“Good morning, Boo Bear.” Diana teases, knowing I hate the nickname my mother gave me. She puts some bacon on a plate for me and I sit down at the counter next to Liam who's also eating.

“How're you feeling?” I ask.

“Completely better, I can breathe and everything.” She laughs

“That's good.” I say, swallowing a bite of bacon.

“So, I was thinking about what you said last night, and I think it's a good idea.” She says, sitting down on my left side with her own plate.

“What's a good idea?” Niall asks with his mouth full.

“Diana's gonna post YouTube videos of her singing to see what people think of her.” I explain.

“That's a good idea! What song were you thinking?” Harri asks.

“I was actually thinking Moments, to be honest. I love the song.” She shrugs.

“You better not do my solo better than me.” I tease, poking her in the ribs.

“No promises.” She jokes, kissing my cheek.

“I need a girlfriend.” Harry says, then breaks into a grin looking at Harri, “Oh right, I got you.”

“We need girlfriends.” Niall says as he watches Harry kiss her.

“I second that notion.” Liam laughs.

“Get a room!” Zayn hollers, throwing something at Harry.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! This is very impressive! Your characters are brilliant. I love the whole thing with them all being sick. I hope you continue with it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I most definitely will :D I'm in the middle of the next chapter.
Thanks for your review!
So adorable. So cute. I love it!
I literally couldn't stop laughing when the paragraph started where the entire band got sick. Escpcially how Niall yelled for Paul, it cracked me up! xD
Wonderful chapter, indeed, Sophie ;D Can't wait for more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the ending the most I think. I'll be Niall's girlfriend! :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kadessa (Kaddy)

11 Years Ago

lmfao, then i'll be zayns!!
Sophie

11 Years Ago

Screw Diana, I can kill her off. I call Louis! (the only problem is he and Eleanor are so darn cute!.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

601 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Present Present

A Chapter by Sophie


Captured Captured

A Chapter by Sophie


Children Children

A Chapter by Sophie


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


Keeper Keeper

A Chapter by Sophie