Precious

Precious

A Chapter by Sophie

Louis-15


“How're you feeling?” She asks, sitting down next to me on the couch.

“Better, thanks.” I smile, my dream still haunting me.

“You know what I just realized? I went to an all girls school, and you're my first real boyfriend. Not a lot of people can say that, you know, that a member of the world's biggest boy band is there first boyfriend.” She smiles, kissing my cheek.

Well, bollocks.

There's no avoiding it now.


“Have you seen all the new Sugar Scape articles?” Harri asks, plopping down next to me on the couch of the bus with her laptop.

“What's Sugar Scape?” I ask.

“Pretty much just a British gossip website, and they looove One Direction. It's just an old habit to check it every once and a while. But look.” She opens a few articles, all about me and Louis. Pictures of us skipping out to lunch last month, my back with his message painted on it, Harri and I shopping together, just everything.

“That's so weird.” I laugh.


“Diana, I-”

“Just spit it out, Lou.” She says, confused. “We need to get going in time for the next show and it's cold.” It's taken a long time to work myself up to this, and a lot of help from the boys, but finally, the whole summer has gone by and the leaves are turning gold

“I think we should take a break.” I say, my eyes closed. I open them and see her face, a mask of hurt and shock.

“W-what? But, I, you told me you loved me.”

“Oh, god, don't think I stopped! I don't know if that's possible. Listen, I still love you, I love you so, so much. You have no idea how much I love you. But, we're going so fast. When we went out to lunch that day and we walked by a jewelry store, and my eyes went to the engagement rings. You're eighteen, I'm twenty, and we've been dating for a few months. Getting married shouldn't even be crossing my mind. I feel like we just got swept up in everything and we need to pull back and just... take a break. Not forever, hopefully. Maybe, six months? And after those six months, I'll come to see you at your house, and if we're still as in love as we are now, then we know we have to stay together. You told me I was your first serious boyfriend, and that really snapped it into perspective for me. We need to live, we're young, we shouldn't stick to one person our whole lives! If you meet someone in the sixth months and you-” I gulp, “-love him more, then, well, so be it. I just-” I take a shuddering breath, “-I just want you to be happy.”

Tears trickle down her cheeks but she smiles through them as she says, “'If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours, if doesn't, then it never was in the first place.'”

“Exactly.” I say. I will not cry, not in front of her, later. Later, I'll cry. “No contact with each other at all, delete my number from your phone if you have to. Nothing.”

“So, um, February 9th, my house, six o'clock.” She says, wiping her cheek and sniffling.

“It's a date.” I say and pull her in for one last hug. “David's going to drive you home, okay?”

She nods, looking away and wiping her eyes with her oversized sleeves. “See you in half a year.” She chokes, getting into the limo which pulled up behind her, where her bags already reside in the trunk. I see her bury her face in her hands as she drives away.

I step onto the tour bus, not really seeing anything. I drift to the sleeping area and collapse in my bed. It smells like her perfume: roses. I turn to face the wall, breathing in her scent until I can't smell it anymore, my nose has become used to it. I don't even realize tears have left my eyes until I notice I can't see.

“Hey, Lou, how are you?” I hear Harry ask, pulling aside the curtain. I shrug, my back to him. I pull up the blanket and try not to think about Diana.

“It had to be done.” I say, my voice shaking. I hear him retreat and Liam ask, “How is he?”

“I didn't know it was possible for Louis to be that sad,” is all Harry says as a reply.

I drift off to sleep, thankfully, a dreamless one.


Diana


I'm so numb. I cried the whole drive home, which was a long one. I cried all the feeling out of me, I think. Mom was happy to see me, except concerned about the tears and why I couldn't speak to her. I just need a little while.

I'll be fine in a week maybe.

A week, I'll be fine.


I've been home for three days now, and my mom is urging me to go to the beach for the last few warm days, finally, I take her up on it, and I take Carrie with me, for a girl's day. We used to do those a lot, not as much anymore though. When she stopped talking to me. We splash in the water and jump waves, and sadly, I see Meghan walking toward us.

“So I heard Louis broke up with you.”

“Not exactly, but where did you hear that?”

“SugarScape.”

Damn you SugarScape. I expect her to say something snotty and mean about how he probably found someone better already but she surprises me with, “Are you okay?”

“Um, not really, but why?” I ask.

“Well, I just remember when you went out with that guy for a few weeks in fifth grade and you broke up, you didn't take it too well. And I guess its different now, you know? I, um, I really actually came over to say I'm sorry for being so mean, and, well, my friends left me, too. Because I wasn't a fan of you, for a while. We're friends again, but I got a taste of what you felt, and I was just hoping we could be friends again.”

“I'd like that.” I smile.


Well, it's been a week. Am I fine?

Oh, no I am not. I've taken to crying in the shower and before sleep. A lot. I know I'm kind of being pathetic but, I loved him. I love him. I've also taken to calling him 'him', his name is too hard to think without crying again, or picturing my finger writing it on his chest in paint.

I bite my fist to keep quiet while the warm water runs down my face, washing away the equally hot tears that mix with it.

What's wrong with me? I turn off the water and step out of the shower and get into pajamas.

I wonder how he's doing. If he's already found someone else. I take out my phone and text Harri.

Hey

You want to know how he is, don't you? Is her reply.

Please.

Well, right now, Harry and Liam are trying to talk him into changing the background on his phone, which he is cradling in fetal position so they can't get it. He's been so quiet for the past week, it's crazy. She sends, and then a moment later, He cries at night.

Thank you I reply. At least I'm not the only one sad about this, he didn't want to, so why did he? I understand what he said, but I need him.


Harry


“No!” Louis yells as Liam manages the phone from his grasp.

“It's deleted, Louis, I'm sorry.” I say. He's become almost animalistic. He does nothing but eat and sleep. And cry when he thinks everyone else is asleep. It's really scaring me, it's really scaring everyone. At concerts he comes alive a little more, but at every mention of Diana in the tweets, or on the posters, his pep falters more and more.

One time, during his solo in Moments, we saw a tear slip down his cheek, but we're hoping no one got it on video. The lyrics of his solo do kind of apply: Hands are silent, voice is numb, try to scream out my lungs but it makes this harder, and the tears stream down my face.

“You deleted it!” He wails.

“Louis! Snap out of it!” I scream, angry. Everyone goes silent. “I can't stand this! Seeing you like this! You broke up with her, now stop wallowing and be Louis again! I miss my best friend!” I'm sure people in other hotel rooms can hear me. “Your precious picture is still online, and you can get it whenever you want.” I spit, and walk into my bedroom and sit on the bed, my head in my hands.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please :'(

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my goodness, Sophie! What have you done to me? I have the worst feeling in my chest because of this chapter! Instinctively I want to relate with the writing I read, but I don't want to relate with this! It's just so sad! Please post more. Please. Please. Please. Please.
I'm seriously begging you. I don't think I've ever been as eager to read anyone's stories other than yours. You have an immense amount of talent! Wonderful work, yet I have tears in my eyes.
Update, please :')

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I'm about half way through the next chapter, if you really can't wait, I'll.. read more
Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much! :D



Reviews

Oh my goodness, Sophie! What have you done to me? I have the worst feeling in my chest because of this chapter! Instinctively I want to relate with the writing I read, but I don't want to relate with this! It's just so sad! Please post more. Please. Please. Please. Please.
I'm seriously begging you. I don't think I've ever been as eager to read anyone's stories other than yours. You have an immense amount of talent! Wonderful work, yet I have tears in my eyes.
Update, please :')

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I'm about half way through the next chapter, if you really can't wait, I'll.. read more
Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

That would be wonderful! Thank you so much! :D
Huh, wah? They were so amazing! *wipes tear* You really toy with my emotions here, Sophie!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

really? Okay, off I go to make an account!
luv2dream

11 Years Ago

GREAT!
Sophie

11 Years Ago

my user name is Sophiein1Derland, all I have posted is this story so far though
But...but...awh. :(

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad, sad, sad. At least she knows that he's sad a bit. BTW I thought I'd let you know I'm prepared for all the evil

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

okay, that's good

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

417 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Seventeen Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Sophie


Present Present

A Chapter by Sophie


Captured Captured

A Chapter by Sophie


Idea Idea

A Chapter by Sophie


Lovely Lovely

A Chapter by Sophie