Enjoy

Enjoy

A Chapter by Sophie
"

:D

"

Louis


Over the next few days, I am wary not to bump into her again, but it's unavoidable in a town this small. The boys and I go out for dinner, and she walks over.

“Oh come on.” She groans. “My name is Diana, I'll be your server this evening.”

“You know what? Why don't we just be friends or something, we obviously can't avoid each other.” I say.

“I can't be friends with any of you.” She spits.

“Why not?” I ask.

“Because you are the five people who ruined my life. Now what do you want to drink?”

“Ruined your life?” Harry asks. “And a Coke.”

She jots it down, “Yes, I am literally the only girl in this town who is not madly in love with you.”

“Sprite, and how has that ruined your life?” I ask. “And why does that make you hate us?”

“Because no one talks to me, because all they want to talk about is you, so everyone just dropped me. Not even my own mother will talk to me. And I don't really want to have to talk to you more than I have to, so if you could just order your drinks.”

Niall, Liam, and Zayn order and she walks away.

“Her mum won't talk to her?” Zayn breathes, shocked.

“Because of us.” Niall adds.

“But she still doesn't have to hate us, in fact if she didn't she'd probably be better off.” I argue, crossing my arms.

“You know what I think, Louis? I think you just like Diana.” Harry says. “Yeah, like in pre school when you had a crush on a girl you'd poke her or make fun of her, now you pretend you hate her when you really like her.”

“What?” Diana asks, putting my Sprite down in front of me. My face is bright red, “That's not true.” I protest.

“You know what? When do you get off work, Diana?” Liam asks.

“You're my last table, why?”

“After dinner you and Louis have to go out on a date, and by the end of it, you won't hate each other anymore.”

“No!” I say at the same time as her.

“C'mon, do it!” Harry grins. I'm prepared to protest, but she just sighs in defeat, “You know they won't let us not.”

“That's the spirit!” Zayn laughs.

“Are you ready to order?” She sighs, taking out her little notebook.


“Go on you two, have fun.” Liam laughs, getting in the car and closing the door, leaving me awkwardly standing next to Diana.

“Um, I'll just go change into normal clothes.” She says, referring to her uniform. She goes back into the restaurant.


Diana


I can't believe I'm doing this. Whatever, it's only for a few hours, and I doubt either of us will change our minds. I change in the bathroom into what I was wearing that day. A loose, red and white plaid button up shirt, which is unbuttoned, showing a cream colored camisole underneath, tucked into white ripped jeans and black strapped heels. I quickly brush my hair and put it in a fishtail braid, just to get it our of my face. I reapply some make up. Diana, what the hell are you doing, its not a real date... Whatever. I put my uniform away in the staff room and walk out where Louis stands, looking awkward with his hands in his pockets.

“So, where are we going?” I ask when I reach him.

“I heard there's a carnival down town, I thought that'd be a good place.”

“Sounds good.” I nod, wringing my fingers. God, this is weird. We head toward the dock, where the carnival is.

We make small talk and eventually reach the carnival. He pays for tickets and we head in.

“Aren't you worried about people recognizing you?” I ask.

“Not if I get my face painted.” He smiles and we head over to the face painting station. In a few minutes, I'm a cat and he's Spiderman.

“We're quite the odd couple.” He says and I raise one eyebrow. “N-not that we're a couple, I didn't mean- yeah.” He says. I laugh and we head farther into the fair.

“Are you a roller coaster person?” He asks me inspecting one.

“Yes.” We get in the line, which is pretty short, and wait. Then it's our turn and we get strapped into the car. It lurches into motion, climbing the hill. It reaches the top and stops.

“Oh god.” I whisper before before we plunge down. I can't scream, I've never been able to on roller coasters, on the big drop, but Louis doesn't hold back, and I can't help but laugh.

“How did you laugh?” He asks once we get off.

“You scream funny.” I shrug. As we head over to another ride, What Makes You Beautiful comes on, and every teenage girl screams. Louis looks around in shock.

“I told you.” I sigh.

“If they knew I was here...” He trails off.

“You'd probably be dead.” I joke.

“So do you know any of our songs? Or do you hate the music too?” He asks.

“I wish I could say I hate the music, but I can't, it's really not bad.”

“Thank you?” He laughs.

“I hear it all the time around the house, so its hard not to have each song memorized though.” I roll my eyes.

“What's your favorite?” He asks.

“Probably Same Mistakes or Moments.” I answer.

“Same Mistakes? That's a new one.”


Despite myself, I've actually had fun. We're on the ferris wheel, something I was a little reluctant to do because I thought it was a little... romantic.

“So, even your mom won't talk to you?” He asks as we climb.

“Not unless it's necessary.” I answer, there's a bit of silence as he comes up with something to say, we're nearing the top. “That's stupid.”

“Tell me about it. When she finds out what I'm doing, she'll yell at me for not kissing you.”

“Well... why don't we spare you that.” He whispers. We're at the top of the ferris wheel now and he tilts his head slightly and leans closer to me, kissing me. I don't struggle, why am I not struggling? Stop kissing him back, Diana, that was not how this was supposed to go... Where's the hatred? Why is it melting away? Stop with the kissing! Oh you know what, brain? Shut up and enjoy it.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Avery good chapter. I like the restaurant scene and the meeting after. Good discussion made the story have the feel of real life and people. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another 1D fanfic for me to get hooked on. Tell me, Sophie, why are they so addictive?!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry! I don't know why :D
totally want more. finally she warms up to him!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I laughed at the end, glad no drama cept for the mama. See that, that rhymed! -DJ PouPou out!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AHAHAHAHAHHHAHHHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGOMGOGMGOMGOGM OGMOGMJOGMOGFIiwabghkebkb this is awesome. that is all.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

:P This is.....omfg. don't get me started again. Point is, I need more.
Sophie

11 Years Ago

I'll make sure to get it to you :)
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Thank you :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

457 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie