Job

Job

A Chapter by Sophie

Diana-27


So I didn't go home for Christmas, I stayed with Louis' family, but tonight is my first ever concert and Louis payed for them to fly over here and we're going to reconnect after the concert.

I'm going to throw up. My album is available for pre- order only, because a month wasn't enough to have it ready, so I'll be singing a few of the songs off it and then some covers. A while ago, I met with my stylist, Fiona, and we have my wardrobe all done up. I told her I kind of wanted to be like Cher Lloyd, in her style. Which Louis was surprised about, but I've always wanted to be able to wear crazy stuff like that. For some songs I'm just sitting on a stool playing the guitar and singing, but for others I can do whatever. My hair is slightly curled and tousled and my fake eyelashes are weighing down my eyelids, but according to Niall I look hot. He got a glare from Louis, still a bit touchy about the whole accidental cheating debacle. Then, after glaring at Niall for a good solid minute in his sassiest face, he turned to me and told me the same thing. Harry then teased with, “Too bad your family is over tonight.” At which I imitated Louis' glare.

I'm sitting backstage on a chair, guzzling water and jiggling my leg, too nervous to do anything else.

“You're gonna be great babe.” Louis says, hugging my shoulders.

“Uh huh, sure.” I say.

“I promise.”

“Oh god, Louis, I can't do this, I'm going to projectile vomit all over the front row or something.”

“C'mon, you were great at all the rehearsals, you'll be fine.” He reassures me.

“Diana, five minutes.” Someone says in passing.

“Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god.” I say, rocking back and forth in the chair.

“I was like that our first live show at the X factor, I promise, once the music starts it all goes away.” He says, rubbing my arms.

“Can you just sit with me for a bit?” I ask.

“Sure babe.” He says, sitting down on the floor next to me. I try to breath as time passes. Key word there, 'try'.

“You're on, Diana.” Someone says. I get up robotically and Lou gives me a quick kiss, “You're going to be fine.” I walk out onto the dark stage and stand in front of the microphone and then the lights turn on. As the applause starts, all my nerves melt away.

“Well hello to you too!” I say into the mic, slipping into my normal personality, “Well, some of you may know me, but I don't think you've ever seen me in make up or clothes like this. But for those of you who don't, I'm Diana Ross.” the crowd goes wild and a girl in one of the rows holds up a sign that reads, “'Diana and Louis should get married!” I laugh, basking in the not-so-metaphorical lime light. The lights are literally green right now. “So I'm working on an album, but it's not ready yet because I was to stupid to realize my answering machine didn't work because it wasn't plugged in, but I'll be singing a few songs off it and then some covers I've done in the past.” I say as the music for Want U Back by Char Lloyd starts. We strategically chose this first because I really loosen up when singing it, though I'm feeling pretty confident.

I take the mic from the stand and start singing. The crowd is screaming so loud I can barely hear my ear piece, but I know the song pretty well so I'll be okay. I walk around the stage, pumped up while singing, and I touch hands that are held out to me. This is what living your dreams feels like, and it's amazing.


“You did great!” Louis says as I squeal wrapping my arms around him.

“That was amazing! Oh my god! I can't believe that just happened!” She yells, and the other boys wrap her in a group hug.

“Got to go, love, see you later!” Louis says, and he and the boys bound onto the stage. When they leave everyone else congratulates me. Then the next group of people comes, my mom and Carrie. By this point, I'm at my dressing room, so we go inside and sit down, kind of awkwardly. Okay, really awkwardly. I did just leave them without notice.

Twice.

I am the first to speak, “Carrie, you're so gorgeous! I can't believe you're sixteen now.” Since I saw her last she's really blossomed. She doesn't say anything, just sits with her arms folded. We hear the music start for the boys and she taps her foot to the beat, “Still a fan?” No one says anything.

“Look, I know I left without much notice. Actually, none at all the first time, but-”

“You're my big sister.” Carrie interrupts me, “I've looked up to you since as long as I can remember. And you left us.” She says, her eyes welling up with tears.

“I left to chase my dreams!

“You left to chase a boy.” Mom corrects. “We haven't heard from you in almost a year. The only way we know what's going on in your life is the magazines!”

“I'm sorry! But you haven't exactly been the greatest family!”

“It's hard being a single mother of two children!”

“Oh don't bring that into this, Carrie wasn't even born when dad died, I was two! Carrie's not even HIS!” I scream, tears welling up in my eyes. I realize what I said and clap my hands over my mouth. Carrie doesn't know we're only half sisters. I mean, I'm sure she might have suspected, we're four years apart and Dad died when I was two. Mom and I both look at Carrie worried, but she just shrugs, “I'm not stupid.”

“So it's hard to be a single mother of two children, so you decided to ignore one? Pretend she doesn't exist because of a BOYBAND?! How pathetic is that? Why can't you just be happy for me? I'm in love with the boy of my dreams-”

“And the dreams of millions of other girls!” Carrie interrupts.

“And I just played my first ever concert and completely rocked it, and I have an album on the way, and I have my own house with my loving boyfriend, and I've done more with my life than you ever have, mom! Please, all I've ever wanted was a normal family who loved me, and I felt that more this Christmas with Louis' family than all of my life up until I met him with you!” I scream, tears running down my face. I feel my voice crack, but not painfully, and I know I'm pushing it. My throat isn't fully healed, sometimes when I cough I still feel the ghost of pain, and so I tone it down.

“Do you think the reason we pushed you away may have been because you pushed us away? Did you ever think of that?” Carrie says.

“I was a teenager! Of course I was pissed at you guys all the time!” I try to justify myself. “I'm sorry for leaving, I have missed you both so much, but I left because I love Louis, and I needed to be with him. And because the whole town had probably seen the sex tape you took and sent in!”

“How many times do I have to explain, I didn't know! I don't understand the internet, you're right, I don't understand how it's on different websites and I only gave it to one, I'm sorry! You wouldn't have told me the details of what happened, and I wanted to know how it went. I honestly didn't think that you'd do it!”

“I still refuse to sit on the couch.” Carrie pipes up.

The boys must have one of their few minute breaks between songs because the door open to Louis with a smile on his face that slowly fades as he takes in the scene. I'm sitting across from Carrie and my mother, neither of which are crying, though tears run down my face. Angry or sad, I don't know.

“I think you need to leave.” He says, “I'm sorry, I know you're Diana's family. But she should be crying happy tears right now, because the audience loves her, because she has a promising career as a singer, not because her family is fucked up and drove her to this.”

I've never seen him so angry, then again, I also didn't really see him with the whole thing with Zayn, so he could've been more angry then. But this isn't a yelling angry, this is a quiet angry that tells you he means business. Carrie and my mom stand up and walk out of the dressing room under the scrutiny of his glare.


Louis


Once the door closes, she throws her arms around my neck and sobs into my shoulder. I rub her back and kiss her forehead.

“Shh, it's gonna be okay, they'll come around. It's gonna be okay.” I sooth her. She pulls away and looks at me, “You have to go now.” She smiles through her tears.

“But I don't want to. I want to stay here and make sure you're okay.”

“I'm fine.” She says, sniffing and rubbing her eye.

“If that's fine, then the rest of the world must be f*****g ecstatic.” I laugh. “By the way, your eyelashes fell off.” I say. One of the fake eyelashes unglued and it now sticking to her cheek and I get it off for you.

“Go, you're gonna be late. Go be an idiot in front of thousands of people.”

“That's my job.” I grin and give her a quick kiss before going back onstage with the boys.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

While Diana was having the conversation with her mother and sister I was going from side to side. I was convinced she was being irrational, and then would believe she did what she had too. I went back and forth for the multiple paragraphs. Lol
I loved it! Louis and Diana are so cute, I totally agree with the girl in the front row, 'Louis and Diana should get married!' Lol ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

While Diana was having the conversation with her mother and sister I was going from side to side. I was convinced she was being irrational, and then would believe she did what she had too. I went back and forth for the multiple paragraphs. Lol
I loved it! Louis and Diana are so cute, I totally agree with the girl in the front row, 'Louis and Diana should get married!' Lol ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aweh amazing chapter

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on October 9, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie