Hate

Hate

A Chapter by Sophie

Louis


“I'm gonna go for a run.” I say to Liam, the only one up.

“Taking a sudden interest in staying in shape, Boo Bear?” He asks, bewildered.

“I really just want to run. Did I drink Red Bull or something?” I ask him.

“How would I know?” He replies, and I leave the hotel living room that joins me and Harry's room with Liam's and Niall's, while Zayn is across the hall. I really just feel like running, and I don't know why. I run out of the hotel in sweatpants, sneakers (socks, even though I hate them), and a t-shirt, my ear buds playing good exercise music. It's relatively cool at this time of morning, and I thank that ocean breeze for keeping humidity away.

I stop suddenly to look at the sun reflecting on the water, but something rams into me, toppling me over.

“D****t, I really need to stop running into people.” I hear the voice say, my music tugged out of my ears. She gets up and then looks at me. “Seriously? The same person in two days? And him?!” She says.

“Um, him is right here.” I say. That hate is in her eyes again.

“Why are you even here?” She asks, resting one hand on her hip and adjusting her sports bra and then pausing her iPod. She was running behind me and I didn't even notice.

“We're staying in the White Sands Hotel.” This is a tourist town, so they have great hotels.

“Oh. Well could you stop running into me?”

“I'm pretty sure you ran into me.” I retort. She groans. “What's your problem?” I ask. She looks at me questioningly. “I saw it yesterday, when I told you who I was, I saw how you just wanted to get away, like you're itching to now. So tell me, why do you hate me?”

“You bruised my apples.” She says.

“You bruised me! And you're a really awful liar.” I say. She speeds away, giving me the finger until she's out of sight.

Well, my run was just completely ruined. I jog back to the hotel and walk into the room, still angry.

“Would you stop coming into our happiness all angry like?” Harry scolds, after I walk in, erasing all the laughter from the room, even though I usually bring it.

“What's wrong?” Liam asks.

“Lou, you're bleeding.” Niall points to the arm I fell, or was pushed, onto.

“Oh of course, she's making me bleed now.” I throw up my hands.

“Who?”

“The girl from yesterday! She ran into me again, but ended up pushing me down, then she ran away while giving me the finger. She can hate us, I don't want someone like her to like us.”

“Well, then she doesn't.” Liam says.

“Anyone want to go to the beach today?” Harry asks.

“If you wear a bathing suit, then yes.” Niall laughs.


Diana


What the crap? Really? Okay, so knocking him down was an accident, but it was strangely satisfying, and giving him the bird? Awesome. But I ran into him again? If it happens again I'll probably be out with my mom and Carrie, and that would be bad.

I finish my morning run and take a shower. I'm practically afraid to go out again, but I want to go to the beach. I put on my light green bikini, yell to whoever has ears in the house that I'm going to the beach, walk out the door, and get in my car. When I get to the beach, I lay out my towel, take off my cover up, put my hair quickly in a bun, grab my sunglasses, and walk down to the water. After swimming for a bit I walk back to my towel, as I'm walking, a red Frisbee lands in front of me. I pick it up.

“Hey!” A voice calls, “Could you throw that back to us?” I look up. A few yards away is a curly haired boy with four other boys. My mouth drops open as I walk closer and I can see them better.

“Oh, are you a fan?” He asks.

“She's definitely not a fan.” Louis says. I hand Harry the Frisbee curtly.

“You again?” I sigh at Louis.

“Sorry for being here.” He retorts.

“Well then why don't you leave?” I cross my arms.

“We don't really have that much of a choice. But why are you so rude?” He asks, and I notice his right arm is scraped and on the top there is a band aid just covering one cut. I ignore his question and say mockingly, “Did someone get a boo boo?”

“Yeah, it was weird, one second I was looking at the ocean, the next I was sliding on concrete.”

“Well, you don't just suddenly stop when running! There could be people behind you!”

“Okay, okay, why don't we separate...” One boy steps in, I think his name is Liam, it matches one of the posters. I march off and lie down on my towel to relax and tan. I see a group of girls jumping waves and laughing. Friends. Like the ones I lost.

Because of a boyband.

God I hate them.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. Gave balance and reason for the characters. I like the description and field trip to the beach. I like the conversation and the internal thoughts. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it! Can't wait for more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very good. I love how you ended it it was all like: because of a boy band. DRAMA!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yay for hatred! I like this one because it's different, but like Lydia said, don't give up on the other fan fic! Great chapter once again, Sophie!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this, but I really hope you don't give up on your other one. That one is my favorite. Not to say that this won't be, but I can't tell yet. I do like that you're starting out with her not liking them. It makes it a lot less cliche.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I'm not giving up on the other one, promise :) I just had a little writers block that I may or may n.. read more
Lydia

11 Years Ago

Okay, great!
Diana and Louis need to work out their problems....maybe over couples counseling? :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

461 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2012
Last Updated on July 27, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Great Great

A Chapter by Sophie