Children

Children

A Chapter by Sophie
"

double meaning title :O OMG

"

Diana-21


“I'm so excited to go home.” Liam says.

“I'm excited to go to Europe!” I counter.

“I'm nervous to fly.” Harri says, almost inaudibly. She hasn't spoken a word all day.

“But you've flown before, haven't you?” Niall asks.

Harri is silent, and my girl senses are tingling. Something's wrong.

“Harri, what's wrong?” I ask, the table has gotten a serious atmosphere, though Niall and Harry are still shoveling pasta into their faces.

“I- I think I'm pregnant.” Niall's fork clatters to the floor as Harry takes in a sharp intake of breath, choking on his spaghetti. He splutters for a few minutes of awkward silence and then manages to swallow.

“What?!” It comes out as a squeak. Harri tucks a lock of hair behind her ear and swallows, looking upset.

“Are you... late?” I ask quietly, and I see the boys' faces scrunch up in disgust. She nods, turning slightly red now, “Three weeks.

“Well, you said 'think' right?” Harry asks, his voice shaking.

I shoot him a glare, “Way to be supportive.”

“Well I don't know what you want me to say!”

“You could have told her the plane ride won't hurt the baby because she's not far along!” I retort.

“Harri, the baby won't be affected because you're not far along.” He turns to her, which makes her laugh.

“I'm only eighteen, I'm too young for a baby.”

“Well, combined we're 134, that's pretty old for a baby. We can all help.” Louis says. Harri smiles, “Thanks, Lou.”

“I'm here for you and the baby.” Harry says, taking her hand and looking into her eyes, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”


“DIE. IN. A. HOOOOOOLE!” Harri screams at Harry, she's squeezing my hand to the point where it might burst, her legs spread and the effort written all over her face.

“Harri, this is just a birthing class.” Harry says, looking terrified.

“I know, I'm just trying to make it convincing.” She shrugs.

“You don't need to be convincing.” The instructor snaps, looking fed up with us 'young'ns' .

“Sorry...” Harri giggles. We've been in England for about two months now and the last concert is tonight, and then Louis' bringing me to meet his family. Oh god. Class ends and we leave, walking back to the hotel. Harri's baby bump has become increasingly hard to hide and so we had her wear tightly fitting clothes today to 'announce' it. Harri was too nervous to do it herself.

I've been really busy lately, so tonight I'm filming my first video while they're at the concert. I'm excited but nervous all at the same time. As I slide the key into the slot in the elevator I hum Moments as practice. When I reach Harry's part he bursts into song and Harri follows suit and we all sing until the doors open and some very confused looking people stare at us. We laugh and wave and we reach our room.

“Haz! Get ready we're gonna be late!” Louis shouts when he sees us coming in. He's hopping on one foot trying to put on his trousers. Oh god, pants I mean pants. Not trousers. Niall is shoveling food into his face while buttoning up his famous red polo and Zayn is taking his sweet time making sure is quiff is up as high as it will go. Harri and I sit down on the couch watching our idiots running around trying to get ready in time.

Louis


“So, as some of you may have heard or noticed, I'm going to be a Daddy.” Harry says into the microphone before the Twitter questions, a big goofy smile on his face. “I know I'm too young, but, well, it was an accident, if you know what I mean,” He laughs, as the girls scream.

“Well, when she told us she said something about being eighteen, and I decided that between the seven of us, we're 134, and that's more than sufficient to raise a baby.” I joke, “but onto the questions!” The first question appears on the screen and we read it out loud, “Louis, does Diana plan on joining Harri in birthing classes anytime soon?”

I get this kind of stupid, wistful smile on my face before I remember to not. “N-no! No, we don't plan to anytime soon.” I stutter but the crowd is collectively 'aww'ing at the face I made. Darn you, emotions! “She's only nineteen, so no, we definitely don't plan to do that soon.”

The next question comes up and we read it, “Can you please do the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air?” We grin at each other and I start, “Iiiiiiiiiiiiin west Philadelphia, born and raised...”


“So then the first question asked if we planned on having kids.” I laugh before putting the toothbrush into my mouth. Diana, who had been swishing with mouthwash, splatters it all over the mirror, reminding me of the first time we feel asleep in the same bed together. I burst into laughter, toothpaste dribbling attractively down my chin at her wide eyes and shocked expression, “And what did you say?!”

“I said not anytime soon.” I reassure her, wiping her chin of mouthwash.

“Good.” She relaxes, then starts laughing, “You look like you have rabies.”

“Who says I don't?” I joke, “I am feeling a little hungry though.” I start roaring and I go to bite her neck. She squeaks and runs away and I chase her around the hotel rooms roaring while she screams and laughs. We run by the couch where Liam and Niall are watching the telly and Niall stretches out a foot and trips Diana. She falls and shields her face with her arms but I pull her arms away and bite her nose for a little while.

“Minty.” She says, giggling, which makes me laugh and I roll away and we both laugh lying on the floor.

“Your face is a mess.” I gasp between intakes of breath. Her left cheek is covered in toothpaste dribble.

“Your face is always a mess.” She retorts, laughing harder at her cleverness.

“Hardy har har.” I say with a poker face and she laughs ever harder. I wipe the toothpaste off my chin, onto my hand and then in her hair. Her eyes go wide and her mouth opens in an 'O'.

“You did not.”

“I did.” I nod, both of us still on the floor, talking over the show Niall and Liam are watching. She rolls so she's on her hands and knees and then tackles me, rubbing her cheek in my hair and scrambling away when I try to grab her to retaliate. She dashes into back into the bathroom and when I get in she holds out the tube of toothpaste.

“If you move, I'll shoot.” She threatens, giggling. I try to make a dive for her and toothpaste squirts all over my chest and pajama pants. She collapses to the round in a fit of laughter, unable to resist when I wrap her in a bear hug and rub around so we are both equally toothpastified.

“Louis? Can I use your comb, mine bro- You two are like children.” Zayn stays, walking into see us covered in tooth paste and laughing loudly.

“Is that a bad thing?” I retort.

“C'mon, Zayny, let's have a group hug.” Diana holds out her arms, laughing.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
ahh, toothpaste.
(for the record, i have no clue why I said that ^ I'm exhausted.)
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this! Laughing so hard! Hurry with the next update although I can't say much I haven't updated on here in forever! I'll do that now!


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved it! Very humorous! I'm literally laughing out loud right now, and my mom is giving me this crazy look. Ohh, I get that look a lot, mostly from your writing. Wonderful work, Sophie! I can't wait for the next chapter!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


More please :3
and don't let Harri turn out to be Airborne's real mom haha :P

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angry Angry

A Chapter by Sophie


Present Present

A Chapter by Sophie


Captured Captured

A Chapter by Sophie


Idea Idea

A Chapter by Sophie