Tusks, Notes, Ancient Grandmothers, and Cat Friends

Tusks, Notes, Ancient Grandmothers, and Cat Friends

A Chapter by Sophie

Ashes

 

            “Please! Please don’t kill me!” The murderer begs.

            “Like you f*****g listened when your victims pleaded, and they were innocent!”

            “Please! No, Don-” His plea is cut off by a gurgle. If I had a willing donor, I wouldn’t have to cause him pain. The donor wouldn’t be pained. Drinking blood and giving blood is an actually a very- uh hum- enjoyable experience.

            While I drink I see his aura. It’s a hunter green with tinges of black at the tips of licking tongues that look like flames. On the inside is a bit of light blue, maybe there was some good left in him… But not enough. The colors dim as no more liquid is flowing into my mouth.

            I sit there, my legs out in front of me, like a child rolling a ball to a playmate.

            Did I just make a simile? Yeah, it’s definitely Monday. S**t.

            My hands mechanically play with the grass in front of me while I wait. Soon there’s a stirring. It’s the tiniest motion, but his eyelids flutter. Then they fly open, he’s on his feet in an instant. His fangs protrude for his mouth at they’re full tusk like length. Yes I said f*****g TUSK LIKE, and you thought “normal” vampire fangs were bad. They touch his chest and that, my children, is how I’m going to kill him. Again. I take his head, and before he can spin around, I push his own fangs into his chest, breaking his neck. The fangs stick out from his back, lethally.

            Dead for a second time, he turns into a flame, the right size for a candle. I know it’s ridiculous, but even though I kill murderers and rapists, I always feel bad. Stupid b***h conscience.  So I take a candle out of my pocket and light the candle and set it down under a tree for the candle to burn out, so now he can live a full life. Because a few hours is a full life to a flame.

 

Eclipse

 

            Now. I think to my father. He nods and we look up at the moon. I feel the change start. My bones crunch and some disappear and reappear in completely different places. My nose grows long and grey fur sprouts from my brown skin. My eyes turn brown and suddenly I can see like it is day.

            This isn’t the only time I turn into a giant canine. I can whenever I want, but the full moon is mandatory. Or you die. Simple as that. So we turn into wolves and run off into the forest. Usually when I turn into a wolf I’m fully conscious and have complete control, but on nights like tonight I’m completely a wolf. I’m already slippi-

           

I wake up fully human again in my bed. It’s Saturday, thank god. I hear the street traffic to clearly, and it comes from the other side of the house. Mark’s window must be open, good. She’s gone. They must’ve had a fun night, Mark never sleeps past 9, which means I don’t either, but here it is, probably like 9:30. I roll over. It’s NOON? Something’s horribly wrong. I have flashbacks of the last time something went horribly wrong, but they aren’t important now.

I run into Mark’s room. He’s not there. But on his red pillow is a note.

 

WHAT ARE YOU?

           He saw.

Alicia

 

            I’m sitting at my kitchen table with my ancient grandmother in front of me and an array of gemstones, THOUSANDS of them, across the table top. When I say ancient, I mean ancient she was born in the year. 1857. Not ancient, just impossibly old, you say? Try adding B.C. after that. Yeah.

            “Amethyst.” She says. I point to the purple quartz rock.

            “And what does it do?”

            “It protects from black magic, brings luck, and helps people sleep, alleviates headaches and migraines, and helps to develop psychic abilities.” I recite.

            “Good. Citrine.”

            “Prevents nightmares, raises self-esteem, lifts your spirits, makes you happy, increases vision, and helps in voice projection.”

            “Well done. Tourmaline.”

            “Too many colors.”

            “Ha ha, Leeshy. You are correct. That’s it for today.” My grandma goes off to fall asleep in some random spot. I pick up my favorite gem, which happens to be citrine, and the gemstone that does the most for me. Lapis Lazuli. It makes me forget who I am, so I can be others. Well, I can see through their senses, but I’m still in my body. I always check up on Jake to make sure he’s not cheating. I go upstairs to my room to listen to some music and “repaint” my room; I just point my wand at it and decide what color I want, really.

 

Brooke

 

            “Why is he dating HER? She’s disgusting and a b***h and something’s just not right about her. Stupid Alicia.” I complain to my cat.

            “I know, I once was hunting this squirrel and then stupid Whiskers went and caught it! And he didn’t even eat it! He brought it home, it’s like, what’s wrong with you?” She replies. I lick my white fur covered paw and rub it behind my pointed ear as I meow, “Not really the same, but I see where you’re coming from.”

            “Hey, the light should be coming through the window in a few minutes, wanna  take a nap in it?” Echo asks.

            “Nah, thanks.” I say.

            “K.”

            I turn back into a human and Echo looks up at me sadly. I bend down and pick her up and put her in her bed and drag the bed to the spot where the sun will be. She purrs and covers her nose with her tail.

            It’s really fun talking to animals. I once talked a mosquito out of biting me, and I told it to tell all the other mosquitoes it met not to bite me either. I also got all the bugs within a ten mile radius of my town the go away, (excepting butterflies and ladybugs.)

            I go down stairs and wish I had a human I could tell.



© 2011 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Reviews please!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just as good as the last, loved ashes part, the candle was a nice touch lol, Eclipse was just as interesting because I like the fact it ended with "What are you?, he saw.."
Like all the imagination in Alicia's part though, All the colours and the repainting.
Brooke's paragraph was witty and I liked the talking to misquito bit lol x:) About to read the next one, finally a book I can understand well as well as want to read on x

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 30, 2011
Last Updated on December 30, 2011


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie