MY F*****G CEREAL, idiot fathers, white flowers, and ridiculously cold houses.

MY F*****G CEREAL, idiot fathers, white flowers, and ridiculously cold houses.

A Chapter by Sophie
"

three

"


Ashes


When I get home I waddle up to my room, a wonderful slushy feeling in my stomach and lie down to sleep. As I drift off into dreamland I think: S**t, it was Monday... No, Friday, I'm going crazy...

I wake up too early, it's like, noon. I groan and push myself up out of bed and downstairs, wearing nothing but a bra and boxers. I turn the corner into the kitchen for some Rice Krispies (yes, I eat Rice Krispies) I see someone sitting on my couch. MY F*****G COUCH. I'm not a morning person. Then I notice he's eating MY F*****G RICE KRISPIES! I only had enough for today until I had to buy more!

“What the f**k?!” I yell.

“Oh, hi! Your up!” He says, cheerily, without turning his head.

“THAT'S MY F*****G BREAKFAST!” I roar again. He's also watching MY TV. With MY cable channels ON MY F*****G COUCH! I run over and rip the bowl out of his hands, which happened to be my favorite f*****g bowl, and put it in the sink. I stand there, hand on my hips while he looks me up and down. Who is this cocky little b*****d? I've seen him at school, but never talked to him, and he thinks he can just barge into my house and eat my f*****g cereal? I'm gonna kick his a*s.

“Well, hello there.” He says, looking at my breasts.

“B*****d.” I spit, not giving him the satisfaction of seeing my discomfort.

“Feisty I see. Well, aren't you always?” He walks up to me, grabs me, and kisses me hardly, not with love or passion, almost like a threat. He nibbles my ear and as he does so he whispers “I saw you last night. Do what I say, or I'll tell. And you won't kill me. You're too nice for that.” He kisses me again before I can reply.

I'm shocked into stillness. I can't fight back as he shoves his disgusting tongue into my mouth, he didn't even f*****g brush his teeth this morning. I kick him in the shin, hard. He yelps in pain and bites down on my tongue, it doesn't hurt me, not like that stupid fridge.

He backs away and rubs his shin.

“Who the hell do you think you are?”

“RUNNIN' ROUND, LEAVING SCARS?” He belts out. B*****d.

“NOT THE POINT!” I scream.

“Hey, you don't want everyone to know your a vampire, do you? And do as I say. Oh, first command: panties. No boxers.”

I look at him like he's grown a third f*****g head.

“Well?” He picks up a particularly disturbing pair. It is a black lace thong that I only wear when everything else is dirty.

“No!” I say incredulously.


Eclipse


“Dad!?” I call, panicked.

“Yeah?” he says, catching the fear in my voice and sounding worried.

“Um, I think Mark saw...” He's upstairs in an instant. He reads the note.

“Why would you think that?” He says, trying to brush it off.

“Not a time for jokes, Dad.”

“Sorry...”

“What do we do?” I say, pacing the filthy carpet.

“Tell him he was dreaming?”

“That only works in the books and movies, genius.” (ba-da- BING! You know, the drum thing, because this is a book? Anyway...-Sophie)

“Let's just talk about something else, okay? It's almost time for your Picking. On Monday! Are you excited?”

“Why would I be?” I say sarcastically. All the supernatural beings have a separate government, except no one knows, not even the President. And in that government, werewolves are the lowest class. For three years of our lives, from age seventeen to twenty, were work for a vampire as they're servant. Vampires can actually be nice and usually just treat like a friend sleeping over... for three years, but there's always the unlucky few who get the vampires with the whips and and the out-houses who are just mean slave workers.

“I don't know, why not?” I look at him like he's an idiot and go to do my weekend homework on my bed. But I'm too stressed to even attempt Calculus.


Alicia


I wake up to my newly “painted” walls, the color of citrine. Sunlight streams through my wall of glass. I open the clear door and step out onto my white, pristine balcony. I'm wearing a white slip for pajamas. I lean on the wooding railing of my balcony, looking over my vast garden. I stand up on the edge, my toes curl over it, I spread out my arms, close my eyes, smile and I take a deep breath. I jump. The best feeling in the world, flying. I float feet above the ground and make my way to a maple tree, it's leaves finally unfurled and a beautiful emerald green. I hide myself among the dappled shade of the branches and watch. This is what I do on Saturday mornings, when everyone thinks I'm sleeping. My white roses down below have bloomed beautifully, as well as my white lilies, baby's breath, white carnations, chrysanthemums, daisies, white hydrangeas, jasmine, Queen Anne's lace, and they are all dotted with blues and yellows and pinks in the midst of the sea of white. I use they for decoration, spells, potions, and charms. White flowers work best from me, but I can't resist some of the colored flowers.

This is the softer, less bitchy side of me, when I'm with my flowers, sitting up in my beloved maple tree at eight in the morning, when there is still dew on the green grass. The fallen blossoms of my pear tree and cherry tree litter the ground, speckling it. I used to sit in the cherry tree and be shaded by light pinks, but now I'm waiting for the leaves to grow in, but the maple offers such comfort and safety, I won't be going back to the cherry tree until next spring.

I am peaceful here.


Brooke


“Brooke! Breakfast!” My mom calls. I look at the clock, 2:30.

“I want lunch!” I call down the stairs.

“Good, because I've made you soup!” My mom knows me so well.

I roll over and my bare feet touch the freezing wooden floor just before the rest of my does. I crawl to the door and reach up and open it. I collapse on the warm, plush carpet of my hallway. My mom is weird, she likes to keep it freezing in the house, so I go into the bathroom and grab my warm white, furry robe and put it on. Echo walks by and twines around mt legs, I bend over and pet her, then go downstairs where my soup calls me.

The warmth slithers down my throat and burns my tongue. I moan at the warmth, it was really that cold in there.

“Are you inviting any friends over today?” Mom asks.

“No, sorry.”

“You don't have to be sorry.” She says, turning, but not before I see her crestfallen face. She thinks I'm a loser, just like everyone else. Just like Jake does.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well let’s see... Ashes... at 14 your libido is just kicking in... hence this particular imagery. More a Twilight fantasy fueled by you guessed it... your libido, that’s why you wrote “boy do I want a boyfriend” trust me there is plenty of time, you’ll see. Things will change, you will change and you won’t think of yourself “waddling up stairs” any more. Over all its interesting... more bitchy than aggressive. As a vampire I would tend to think you to be more fearless, less defensive
Eclipse... I like the premise... I would think more a class structure rather than a government but I think it’s a good start to a larger story.
Alicia... I’m very impressed that you know what Queens Lace is and that you have a love of trees! Very cool.
Brooke... the house is cold because mom is going through the change. Trust me I know exactly how you feel. My wife sleeps with all the windows open year round. I have snow piling up on the floor and she still complains the house is to hot. Your mom doesn’t think you’re a loser, she wants the best for you... that includes an active social life... live it for all you can while you have the chance. It goes by far faster than you would believe.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's a good write. There is plenty of time for a man to come into your life dear. Take your time with that and enjoy life. I like reading your work.

Adalynn

Posted 12 Years Ago


very nice!!i liked it alot.i love reading about the super-natural

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well let’s see... Ashes... at 14 your libido is just kicking in... hence this particular imagery. More a Twilight fantasy fueled by you guessed it... your libido, that’s why you wrote “boy do I want a boyfriend” trust me there is plenty of time, you’ll see. Things will change, you will change and you won’t think of yourself “waddling up stairs” any more. Over all its interesting... more bitchy than aggressive. As a vampire I would tend to think you to be more fearless, less defensive
Eclipse... I like the premise... I would think more a class structure rather than a government but I think it’s a good start to a larger story.
Alicia... I’m very impressed that you know what Queens Lace is and that you have a love of trees! Very cool.
Brooke... the house is cold because mom is going through the change. Trust me I know exactly how you feel. My wife sleeps with all the windows open year round. I have snow piling up on the floor and she still complains the house is to hot. Your mom doesn’t think you’re a loser, she wants the best for you... that includes an active social life... live it for all you can while you have the chance. It goes by far faster than you would believe.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

u wrote less and less for each one but besides tht i really liked it write more

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 29, 2012
Last Updated on January 29, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie