Episode 1: Chapter 6: Lost Past

Episode 1: Chapter 6: Lost Past

A Chapter by Miles W.
"

Chapter 6 of Episode 1 of War of Seasons

"

            The entire room was in complete and total shock.  Nobody was even sure how to respond to the bombshell that Professor Ozpin had just dropped.  Yang finally broke the silence by punching Ozpin’s desk clean in half.
            “WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CREATED THE ORDER?!” she yelled, her hair practically a raging fire with her eyes a deeper red than they had been in years.  As soon as Yang did that, everybody started yelling and screaming several different questions all at once.  Questions like, “what were you thinking” or “how is this possible” and every other question under the sun.  Professor Ozpin took a deep breath and stood up slowly.  The questions didn’t stop, so he tapped his cane on the ground, creating a small wave of wind magic that got everybody to stop talking all at once.
            “I will explain everything, fret not” Ozpin said as he sat back down once everything was finally quiet.  “To better understand the situation though, we must go back to the beginning of time itself when this world was created.”  Everybody calmed down, and sat down on the floor, waiting for Ozpin to begin his story.  Clearing his throat, Ozpin began to tell his tale.
            “This world began eons ago, when the gods of Light and Darkness came to this realm and decided to try a new experiment after some previously failed attempts.”

 

Eons Ago

Before This World Began

The Blank Void of an Empty Universe

 

 

 

The gods of Light and Darkness, beings of absolute power, appeared out of thin air to witness a brand new canvas in which they could experiment and create.
            “This is a truly intriguing undertaking you have given us brother” the god of Darkness said in a mocking tone as he surveyed the vastness of the nothing.  “After our attempt with the last world we created fell apart due to that pesky human woman, how do you propose we conduct our experiments with this reality.”  The god of Light surveyed the nothing, and continued to ponder.
            “In the last world we made, we created different forms of life that tied to our own personalities” the god of Light said as he paced back and forth thinking deeply.  “And as a result, you and I fought for supremacy of that world, which created conflict and shook that universe to its roots.  Then we came to the agreement of the creation of man, an entity that could choose for itself, while my creations and your creations lived alongside them.”
            “Yes, and that in turn lead to a human trying to usurp our powers to try and save the life of a single lowly human being.  And then you ended up giving the power of reincarnation to the fool that she loved so deeply.  How do you intend to deal with that world if he does gather all the relics together and proves that mankind is ready for us to live among them?  Will we abandon this world just to go back to that one?”
            “We did promise Ozma that we would return if the four relics were united as one and pass judgement on our previous creation.  I have no intention of breaking that promise.”
            “So we just leave this and any other worlds we create just to go back and either bless or destroy a world that we already left in a ruined state?” the god of Darkness fumed growing more and more agitated.  “Or do you just simply expect me to leave to pass judgement on our last creation while you stay here and create a world in your own light-bathed perfection leaving me with nothing once more?”
            “I actually have a different idea for this world brother” the god of Light said as he waved his hand over the blank space.  In that moment, a human appeared.  A simple, plain human man.
            “What is this idea you have brother?”
            “In our last world, like you said, we created everything be it separately or together.  But I had a thought.  What if we created a being that would create the world in our stead?”
            “Are you suggesting that we create another god brother?  Another one of our kind?”
            “I wouldn’t suggest that, I have no desire to create another being that is our equal.  But perhaps instead of powers akin to ours, we imbue this person with magic unlike anything we gave the previous humans.”
            “Magic is powerful indeed brother, but it lacks the power of creation.”
            “Then we will give him relics, similar to the ones we gave Ozma, but with different powers and abilities so that this world may live and flourish in its own unique way.”  With a wave of his hands, the god of Light then brought into existence four objects.  “First, the relic of Knowledge.  Much like the one we gave Ozma, we will leave this for our creation so that he can learn how to properly use the other relics as well as answer any questions he has and teach him everything he needs to know how to function as a living being.  Second, the relic of Connection” as the god of Light said this, a staff with two vines wrapping around it appeared.  One vine was a bright white, the other a dark black.  “This relic will allow our creation to traverse across the world in mere moments to allow for easier connection with other people.  It can also open a gateway to where we are so that when the time arrives, we can meet our creation and see the world he has created without us to guide him.  And along with that, it can interact with the other two relics we shall bestow upon him.”  With another wave of his hand, alongside the two previous relics, another two appeared.  One a silver rosary with a white crystal in the center of the apex, and another a black scythe.  “The relics of Life and Death.  Each can create and destroy anything with just a thought.  And when integrated with the relic of Connection, it can create pathways between the different realms of this world.”
            “Realms brother?”
            “Another suggestion I have for this world is that instead of having everything related to the two of us be connected like in the last world, I suggest we create two different realms for our creation to experience.  One that is built around my light energy, and the other built around your dark energy.”
            “A light and dark realm then?  Seems a bit tilted in your favor brother.”
            “It will be up to our creation to decide where he wants to live and what world he wants to create in each realm.  And since you and I will be absent from this world, neither you nor I will receive the same amounts of praise and worship as we had in our previous world.”  The god of Darkness pondered this possibility, and nodded his head in agreement.
            “Very well brother” the god of Darkness said with a smirk.  “This world will be created by the design and the wishes of this creation.”  With that, the gods of Light and Dark poured their energies into creating this simple being that would shape the world into whatever it wanted it to be.  Their labors completed, the two decided to depart this world.  However, unbeknownst to the god of Light, the god of Darkness left one small gift for the creation to discover.  A small pool of darkness left in the dark realm.  It wasn’t much, just a small amount of energy, but enough to spawn the creatures of Grimm that inhabited the realm of darkness.

 

Ages passed, and the creation finally awoke and began to set about the base task that was at the forefront of his mind.  Creating a world.  The creation was not sure what to do, but the relic of Knowledge was nearby to help teach the creation about how everything worked.  How the relics worked, how his body worked, and everything he needed to know in order to properly function.  There were several different variations of worlds made by the creation.  Some worlds were radiant and bright, others were dark and full of despair.  It was almost a never ending cycle of death and rebirth with different creatures and beings over the next several millennia.  The creation also took the time to explore the worlds that he had created to see what his limitations were.  During those travels, he discovered how to use the relics in different ways, including using the relic of Death with the relic of Connection to show him a path to another dimension, one that was crawling with dark and vile creatures.  The original creatures of Grimm.  While the creatures of Grimm did not attack the creation, the creation did not want anything to do with these monsters, so he left them in the realm of darkness, where they festered for ages more.  Then, one time during the cycle, the creation, who had created nothing but different forms of life separate from himself, decided that he wanted to create beings like himself.  Reaching down deep into the well of his magical powers, he felt two powerful pieces of magic that he thought he could use like he never had before.  He reached inside and found the powerful energy within him, split that energy in two, and gave the magic form.  This was the essential magic of light and darkness left behind by the gods for the creation to wield, and now he had given this magic form.  Two children that were born in his image, yet unique in their own special ways.  The creation would name these children Ozpin and Salem, beings of pure light and darkness that would stand by his side for the rest of eternity.  Or at least, so he thought.  While sacrificing that level of magic to help create worlds drained a lot out of him, it was never enough to affect him greatly.  However, due to the creation of his children, the creation had now lost a substantial amount of his magic.  As a result, he slowly began to age.  He would seem to age about a year of normal human maturity in the span of a thousand years.  As time went on, he grew older and older.  His children were good company, but he desired more than that to be truly happy.  So the creation took the relic of life and created several human beings, entities that would live short life spans compared to him and his children, but the creation would watch over them as their creator and guardian.  The humans were grateful, and praised the creation, calling him the Wizard, a name which the creation accepted as he had been given no name of his own beyond father by his children.  However, each generation when the humans reached a certain point in their evolution as a species, they would grow demanding, wishing for more than the life that they had already been given by their creator.  This would happen regularly, and each time, the Wizard would grow angry and wipe out all of humanity in a single instant.  This would create conflict with him and his children.  While Salem was more than willing to encourage her father to smite all those who opposed their will, Ozpin was more inclined to let the humans grow further, to let them see the error of their ways and learn from their experiences.  

 

This went on for millennia more until the Wizard was starting to take more and more the form of an old man, his time in this world rapidly coming to an end.  He had created another batch of humans a few centuries ago, and was contemplating if he should destroy them all now and be done with it or to let them rise up and kill him just so he could be done with it all.  That all changed when the four sisters first appeared at his little cottage in the woods.  For the first time in his life and for the first time since he had started creating humans, the Wizard met people who were good and kind for the sake of being good and kind and not just because of his immense power or the fact that he created their ancestors.  This touched his heart so much, that he decided to forgo the last of his magical powers and give them to the four maidens who showed him kindness.  This magic, the magic of the elements, was the last piece that was still keeping the Wizard’s longevity going.  Knowing that he would die much sooner than previously anticipated, the Wizard made sure that no one else could abuse or misuse the power that he had been bestowed by the gods.  He hid the relics well, telling no one, not even his own children where they were hidden.  While he did live for a few more decades after passing on the magic to the maidens, the Wizard did eventually give way to old age.  As a result, the gods of Light and Darkness sensed this shift in the world they left their creation in, and made an appearance before the strongest two living pieces of the Wizard still remaining, Ozpin and Salem.  Both parties were beyond confused.  The gods asked where their creation was, and the children asked who they were.  The gods introduced themselves to Ozpin and Salem, and explained how their father came into being.  The children then explained to the gods what the Wizard did with this world over the course of the last millennia, and what had caused him to lose all of his magic and fade away into nothingness.  After everybody knew what happened, the gods offered to retrieve the relics the Wizard had hidden away so that they may use them, but they both refused, wishing to honor their fathers final wish to not have anybody misuse the power of the relics to harm anyone else.  With that, the gods agreed that they would let the world run its course without their interference or guidance.  However, they did say that if they ever needed their help or guidance, all they had to do was find the four relics, bring them together and they would arrive in a single moment to offer their aid.  With that, the gods departed this world and haven’t returned since then.  

 

After that, Ozpin and Salem took it upon themselves to see that the last remaining pieces of their father’s legacy, the maidens, were taken care of.  At first, they assumed they would have immortality, or a lifespan similar to it due to how Ozpin and Salem both had immortality because of their ties to the light and darkness.  However, it became clear in the coming years that the maidens were not given any form of longevity in their lifespan, just the elements of magic that their father had given them as a gift.  So when the first of the maidens passed away, there were several questions floating around what would happen to the power next.  At first they assumed that the magic died within her, never to be used or seen again.  However, a few years passed and they found that the power had manifested in a new host, a young girl to be exact.  Initially they thought their father had made a mistake, perhaps a glitch in the magic that allowed for the magic to be used by whoever instead of the ones that the Wizard had intended for.  But as time passed and more and more people attained this power, it became clear that it wasn’t an accident.  Salem theorized that it was a final test by the Wizard, wanting to see what mankind would do if they were given such power.  Ozpin saw it as a gift, allowing for people to gain the ability to do good in order to help their fellow man.  Regardless of their stances on the subject, they decided that they needed to keep a log of all the people who had received the powers of the previous maidens, and find ways to help make sure that they were trained in how to use their powers as well as keep them safe, for as the centuries passed, it became clearer and clearer how the powers worked, and that resulted in several murders of maidens and people who misused the power left behind by the Wizard.  To help with this, Ozpin and Salem created the Order of the Four Seasons, a group that would be dedicated to logging all the names of the maidens, as well as listing all and potential powers that each of them possessed and how to properly train each of them with their specific maiden powers.  Another piece of that log was that they were tasked with trying to see if there was a pattern in the maiden selection process.  If somehow, the magic knew which type of soul would be the best host for the power. Centuries passed like this, but there seemed to be no pattern that could be found.  

 

Following the clash between Ozpin and Salem and her banishment to the Dark Realm, several pieces fell into place that day.  With Salem fully embracing the power of the dark realm, several portals that were long dormant between the realms of light and darkness began to take shape, allowing Grimm to pass through and wreak havoc upon the humans of that world.  Ozpin knew that the world was going to face a great change moving forward, and that it was necessary for him to step away from the center stage in order for the world to grow into something better.  Something without the legacy of his father looming over it.  So, Ozpin disappeared into legend, not reappearing until centuries later.  However, while living out his self-imposed exile, Ozpin quested and found the Relic of Knowledge and asked where the Wizard had hidden the other three relics.  The Relic of Knowledge told him where the other three were, and Ozpin made sure that he told no other living being.  Once he knew where his father hid the relics, he knew that there would be no possible way for anybody to find the other relics without the help of the relic of Knowledge.  During that time, Grimm grew more and more frequent, mankind had to take steps on their own in order to survive, and the Order was simply neglected.  Over the centuries without the guidance of Ozpin, the Order lost its true purpose, and took on a life of its own, taking root in the many different facets of the world of Remnant.  Once Ozpin returned to the public eye, the Great War was about to transpire.  Ozpin saw this as an opportunity for himself to re-enter society and help shape the world into something better.  He fought alongside the kingdom of Vale during the conflict, and due to his heightened abilities, he was able to defeat the other kingdoms and establish a new world order that would be ruled by the people rather than just one person.  Ozpin then took the opportunity to create a safe place to hide the relic of Knowledge.  Once Haven Academy was set for construction, Ozpin found several caves beneath the school grounds and built a vault that would keep the relic safe.  He also imbued the door to the vault with a special magic.  One that would only allow the door to be opened by one who carried the power of the Spring Maiden, Salem’s former best friend.  Ozpin had hoped that by locking the relic in Haven, no one could ever access it and use it to find out the truth of the other relics and their overwhelming power.

 

 

 

Present Day

 

 

 

“So after I sealed the relic away, I made sure to entrust each person who took over the school to guard that vault with their lives, never truly telling them what was hiding behind that door” Ozpin said as he finished telling his story.  The entire room was silent, nobody was sure how to respond to all the information they had just received.  Ozpin sighed, stood up, and walked over to the window.  “I did what I felt was best for this world.  To help make sure that nobody ever misused the power that the gods gave my father for the wrong reasons.  I had faith in humanity to forge their own path forward.  When the Order appeared for the first time, I thought it was just a coincidence.  Perhaps just a name passed down through the generations.  But now it is clear.  The Order knows about everything I did and logged with the original Order eons ago, and are using it to achieve their own goals.”
            “Any idea what those goals are?” Jacob asked, not sure what else to say.
            “I have no idea” Ozpin said putting his hand on the window.  “But now they have access to all the information in the known universe, and there’s no telling what they are capable of doing.”

 

 

 

 

 

2 Hours After the Battle of Haven

The Headquarters of the Order

The Monolith Chamber

 

 

 

Lord Imperia entered the chamber with the relic in hand, a huge smile stretched across her face.  One of the attendants of the Monolith walked over and took the relic from her and started hooking up different computer wires and different magical talismans to the relic.
            “We should have the relic synced with the Monolith for information extraction shortly my lord” the attendant said as they continued their work.
            “Excellent” Lord Imperia said with a smile.  “Armed with the knowledge of all creation, we will accomplish our goals.  We shall bring back what we have lost.  And with that, reclaim what is rightfully ours.”  Lord Tenebris watched as Lord Imperia and the attendants continued to work with the Monolith, preparing it for the information extraction.  He turned and walked away, clenching his fists.

“No more will I listen to liars and pretenders.  No more will I be a slave to a family that doesn’t support me without question.  I will save my true family.  Whatever it takes.”



© 2020 Miles W.


Author's Note

Miles W.
Please read/review/enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Talk about history in the making. I now understand the story better after reading this chapter of the making of the said world you have created. Awesome Chapter lots of thought went into this and very glad to read it.
please return the love.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2019
Last Updated on September 11, 2020
Tags: Adventure, Fan fiction, Anime, Action, RWBY

RWBY: War of Seasons


Author

Miles W.
Miles W.

Columbus, OH



About
I am a recent graduate with a degree in Film Production. My dream is to become a film director, creating my own stories. I love writing stories and fan fiction. Please check it out, share and revie.. more..

Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Miles W.