The Last Escape

The Last Escape

A Poem by Marc Marlon Villaflor

 

 

 


His sinful soul drifts in the ocean of sinister

The mad dog strikes chaos

The callous legion spites nightmare.

He dedicated his life diminishing the feeble

His dark logic booms to his vicious goal

The unwanted walks into the abyss

Slowly vanquishing the entire race

The time has come his power began to end

The felonious slayer fled with his queen

He bolted out from the realm of his mystic cosmos

Hiding in the bunker of indefinite mode

She stood with his ethereal world

Blindly embracing the aberrant thought

She escaped the world with his love

Red army chasing the pair

The monster is hiding inside the bunker

Cyanide gives her the promise of love

Bullet embedded in his dome

In his last minute he crawled to death

In her last minute she cried

She ended with a real love

While he ended in hell

© 2013 Marc Marlon Villaflor


Author's Note

Marc Marlon Villaflor

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand the human need for a hell...... where we need to be satisfied that the wicked of this world will languish in an eternal torment of suffering commensurate with their earthly deeds, but I cannot subscribe to it. My personal take on this is that these individuals are the extreme manifestation of a trait in human character which is inherent. There is a paradox in humankind which has occupied anthropologists and philosophers since time immemorial . p.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more, your review is excellent!



Reviews

I agree with Pete. The derision brought about by the threat of something eternally damning is an intoxicating lure for some. When one is thwarted, is this not the fantasy that comes to mind? You've described it well. All in all, a human-ness that is tangible. Nicely done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I am just writing for a month and no background in the world of poetry. Hope you will always share your wisdom and correct my mistakes as I need it to solidify my dreams to write. Thank you, I love you all.


Posted 11 Years Ago


The way you played with the words was really interesting...I liked the last 2 lines...Really nice work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks a lot :) I appreicate you stop and review my work.
Dakshta

11 Years Ago

welcome :)
very intense love story. with the hero ending his reign here. this also brings to mind a love of a demon and his queen who don't mind burning in hell. the ending is so tragic...
btw, i'd like to be friends but my friend request doesn't work. so send me read requests so i can read your works. i don't think my messages work either. take care, moc.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Moc :) glad you like it :) I will send you :) thanks for reading.
I enjoyed this poem. I immediately thought of Hitler and his last minute wife. It is a skillful weaving of history and emotion. I think some reviewers were caught on things in this poem that distract from its brilliance. I could care less about CAPS and if there is a hell or not. This was a masterful write my friend. I love a poem that makes you think and you did that with this one.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks glad you enjoyed thanks for your time reading my work. :)
I read this a few times. Each time I did, it graced me with discovering something new. This took a lot of thought and owned a lot of depth. At first I thought of a much darker version of Romeo and Juliet. Then I realized exactly how dark "Romeo" was portrayed and figured out that this was in fact about a true character and true story. Bravo :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Aramey, I appreciate your review thanks for your time reading my work. :)
i can feel what maybe behind this. i think there was love ended with breaking down, he feels hurt because he is still in love while he thinks she had moved on and forgot about the love...

i loved how you have penned it in such a nice way

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Bro. your words is always an inspiration.
I love this poem and how it captures the last moments of Adolf Hitler and his mistress ( or some say wife ) for you have to be a history buff to understand all of that. Excellent write....:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thansk Bro. :) I appreciate your review, thanks a lot.
Sami Khalil

11 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)
Awesome! You did a really good job of subtly telling us who your characters were. The overall dark mood of the poem ties in with the gloomy photo, which is really cool. I really liked the last two lines, I think they definitely added a lot of essence to your piece. I also liked the term 'dark logic'. Good job again, Marc!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Brother, your words always an inspiration to me :)
It's quite amazing how love could let anyone see beyond the atrocities of the other. Yet, there's this question that lingers on my mind: was it love that really triggered her to follow her love to the grave or was it fear?
The Red Army reference made me recall the well-guarded love affair during the world war II. Very nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Gab for the reads, love sometimes can make crazy things like this, it happens in this world t.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

597 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2013
Last Updated on April 3, 2013

Author

Marc Marlon Villaflor
Marc Marlon Villaflor

DIFC Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai City, United Arab Emirates



About
I am just writing for almost 2 months now and no background in the world of poetry. Hope you will always share your wisdom and correct my mistakes as I need it to solidify my dreams to write. Thank y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..