Magical Reality

Magical Reality

A Poem by Marc Marlon Villaflor
"

A sad reflection of my life.

"

 

 

Gushing passion colors the canvas

Giving breath to the voluptuous mermaid

Paints her soul in a cerulean sea

Glistening flaccid pearls surrounded her body

Golden sinuous hair crown the dazzling likeness

Each brush expands the splendor  

Giving life to the sea urchins and hippocampus

A castle of promise painted with love

All the things have been created and shaped into life

A magical world under the sea

But I am sad; all creation eternally happy except me

In reality, I am the painter of this ingenious artwork.

 

 

© 2013 Marc Marlon Villaflor


Author's Note

Marc Marlon Villaflor

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Not bad. The last two lines give this a very poignant touch which is nice, but I'd be careful not to go overboard on the description in this - it's very rich, almost too rich in some places. I personally would have liked to have seen a little simpler language here and there, with the great imagery you have as bursts of color in the piece, instead of being its entire substance. Everything in moderation.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Tri, a word from you is always a treasure, thanks a lot.



Reviews

if we all could be beautiful as the works we create , we wouldent be sad . this was a great poem , as always worded profoundly , you described something so beautiful and sublime here in the image of a mermaid but in the end just like the harsh polar opposite of the mermaids personality you had an epiphany that reality can never be as beautiful as the painting (poem) you created .

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks brother your kind words is always an inspiration to me to write more. Thanks a lot.
very nice mind provoking poem. i loved the images as well as the similarities and metaphors you have used here. very enjoyable for reading..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Brother for the appreciation thanks for your time reading my work.
Beautiful imagery, flowing words. Its wonderful! A great write from you, lets us use our imaginations as well :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the appreciation hope you will stop reading my work. :)
A beautiful imaginary you've managed to pin down, love the conception and has an interesting topic attached to it...great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Brother, glad you like it. Thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate your review.
And a beautiful masterpiece you have painted here Marc. This flowed with splendor and colorful dreams of that beauty which we all seek.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Mr. Jack you are always my inspiration :)
Beautiful artwork and amazing poetry. Words gave strength to the artwork. The myth of the mermaid is one of the best. Allowed us to dream of great mystery and wonder. Thank you for the artwork and the poetry.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thank you brother for the appreciation. Thanks for the reads.
fantastic....beautiful.....

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Brother glad you like :)
Art is a expression of beauty and pain. I love the thought of a artist painting something of such beauty and yet not happy in his/her own life. It makes me think of how artist give beauty to the world to give hope to themselves and others. It is the pain they feel sometimes that makes them create something beautiful and share its hope with the world. Great write my brother. You inspire that hope in pieces like this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Bro. I couldn't agree more, it is true. Thanks for reading my work.
The painter alone can create any canvas he chooses but he may not live it- what cruelty. Great poem that is well written and I love the twist at the end.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Great insights for this piece, Thank your very much ice for the wonderful words.
Again, great imagery. When you use verbs to describe a noun ("gushing passion") it brings both a very palpable sense of imagery as well as a sort of poetic weight to your piece. Similarly to your poems "Box Rain Dark" and "Code of Cleopatra", you've created a very surreal, yet vivid, scene, and you are really good at that. The song you've chosen really adds to the overall mood, too, which is really neat. I say this a lot, but great job again, Marc!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Thanks Dave, I am always amazed with your review, I love it! :) thank you always for your time readi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1331 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 3, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013

Author

Marc Marlon Villaflor
Marc Marlon Villaflor

DIFC Dubai International Financial Center, Dubai City, United Arab Emirates



About
I am just writing for almost 2 months now and no background in the world of poetry. Hope you will always share your wisdom and correct my mistakes as I need it to solidify my dreams to write. Thank y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..