Learning how to trust

Learning how to trust

A Chapter by MusicLover

“Maria listen I truly am your father. I was being dumb and stupid when I left.” He said in a monotone voice.

            “How did you do it, how could you leave us. Mom needed you! My sister needed you I needed you! And what did you do? You left us. Mom was depressed. She killed my sister and then she killed herself. How could you do that!” I scream at him so loud my voice cracks.

            The heart monitor beeps out of control, but I just ingnor it and continue screaming. My limbs start to fly around and my head gets thrown back. My heart is pounding out of my chest and I get drenched in sweat.Pain is swarming me as the doctor injects me some syrum.

            My eylids flutter and then close. I hear arguing in backround and I slip under and fall asleep.

 

 

 

            When I wake up I am shocked by coldness on my chest. The stethescope is right inbetween my brests which are small due to my lack of calcium and accualle food. My “dad” has been baned from my room, but I am sentanced to him as soon as I am well. 

            Well I must be getting well because I have eaten and I have not gotten sick, and I stoped going into mini comas. So a week after I was  frist admitted I can go visit “dad”. When the official that was assinged to me called my “dad”, I was automaticly put on the phone.

            “Maria are you ok?” he asked in an agonizing voice.

            “Yes, I’m fine.” I say with acid spewing ont of my dry throut.

            “When you get back to the facility, there will be a surprise waiting on your bed.”  He says full of hope that I may loosen up.

            My hands are now balled up into fsts and my long untrimmed nails are digging into my palms, causing me pain but also relaxing me at the sane time. I don’t say anything and he realizes that I really don’t care what he has for me. I hand the phone back to the officer and I sprint out of the door.

            My head is pounding and my thoughts are clouded by the events that just happened. “Dad” is trying to buy my love. My head is spining as I throw up what little was in my shrivled up stomach. The guard was a short distance behind me.

            “What was that all about?!!?!” he bellows.

            I had to think of an exsuse fast and something he will not need an aliby.

            “I am on my period and I had really bad cramps so I had to puke.” I say lucky my voice did not crack.

            Don’t worry I was not lieing, I really am on my period. The official guides me back to the truck and is silent the whole way there. I go to my room only to see a box. The box is wrapped in black wrapping paper, having a nice slik like apperence. Around it is a velevet bow, tied in a bow too perfect to be made by anyone.

            I inch my way to the coner of the room, where the box is placed. I slowly bend over to pick it up, careful not to rip the paper, and I don’t open it, I just examine it. I slowly sit on the bed and set the box on my lap. I seemed to have stared at the box for what seemed like hours, but was only minutes.

            I slowly pull on the bow, rubbing the material on my hand and I don’t want to let the material go. I had to much so I threw it in the coner, moving on to the paper. I pull back the red tape, holding the paper in its place and I slid the box out of the silk like shape. I lift the lid of the box and see an envelope. I open it carefull to not make a sound. I read the letter and I am brought into a sea of tears.

 

       Dear Maria,

          I know that I owe you much more then this. I am so sorry about what happened to you. You are very special and I love you. I will never do this to you again I love you.

                              Love,

                              Your father

 

 

            I peel back the tissue paper, whiping the tears on my sleeve of my shirt, and I am shocked. Inside the box is an art kit, a skecth book and a wireless, soler powered laptop. I go to the door of my cell and I ask for the guard to call my dad. The next minute I get handed a phone, and I let go all of my emotions.



© 2012 MusicLover


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on May 17, 2012
Last Updated on May 17, 2012


Author

MusicLover
MusicLover

..., VA



About
LoveMyProfile.com more..

Writing
Liar Liar

A Poem by MusicLover