To Finally See

To Finally See

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell
"

Alena's site finally comes.

"

Chapter Three

 

“How?” I whispered.

“Your eyes are no longer mortal.” He smiled excitedly and I could not help but laugh happily too. “Now that your eyes are immortal…” he trailed off and I realized that he was nervous.

“Now that my eyes are immortal?” I edged him on.

“I was just going to let you know…” He trailed off again as the doorbell rang. “It’s Mom.” He explained but I reached for him before he was too far away. “What’s wrong?” he was worried one again.

“Please finish what you were saying.” I requested and he smiled a second seeming to go back to his fully confident self.

“We can marry whenever you are ready.” I smiled excited now and just moved into him. “We have to go see Mom.” He whispered but he pulled me closer and kissed me causing my toes to curl. We were both smiling when he pulled away.

“Coop?” Angel asked again outside the room.

“We’ll be out in a little while.” Cupid told her and I listened to doors shut.

“Do they visit everyday?” I asked a few weeks later. We had not discussed a marriage since he’d told me we could marry. We took walks everyday though as he showed me his favorite sites here and on Earth.

“They used to visit once a decade at the meeting.”

“What meeting?”

“All the gods get together once a decade to discuss plans for the next one and then whenever we need help… like I needed for you… we go to Dad and he’ll either take care of it or if it imposes too much on another gods power he’ll talk to them.”

“That’s why Priest couldn’t figure out which god it was that wanted me?”

“Yes.” He smiled and then he produced food. “You should eat.”

“Will you stay here while I do?” I whispered. He constantly disappeared on me and I had no way of knowing what he was doing.

“I have to go check things out on Earth.” He explained, “You aren’t enough goddess yet to be back on Earth for more than a few minutes though.” He continued to solve the mystery of why he rushed when we went to Earth.

“Will you give Bryn a good day?” I whispered sadly and he moved to hold me hearing my homesickness.

“Do you want me to bring her here to visit?” he whispered. He always seemed just as sad as me when I was upset.

“Is she allowed?”

“Yes.” He promised kissing me softly and then getting up, “The next time she comes to the mountain to give her gifts I will bring her for a visit.” I smiled at that and he just pulled me carefully back to him. “I love you, Alena.” He promised before kissing me and leaving.

“Alena…” Angel and Deshaun smiled together coming in.

“Cupid just left to see how things are on Earth.” I told them.

“I’ll go talk to him.” Deshaun promised but I realized that they were not here for a friendly visit this was serious.

“What’s wrong?” I whispered nervously.

“The gods are talking…” Angel started, “They don’t like that you are staying here without being married.”

“Cupid and I just haven’t talked about it again since I gained my sight. He’s been showing me…” There was something about Angel that made me think that she did not think I was good enough for Cupid but when I’d mentioned the thought to him he’d laughed and assured me that she did not mean to make me feel that way.

“I know, Alena.” She promised, “But when gods get angry things like this happen.” She showed me a picture of our hill… my human hill… destroyed. “It happened a few centuries ago. Cupid got angry so he made the people evacuate and then he destroyed it only to bring it back when he calmed down but most gods are not as careful as Cupid is.”

“Our stories say that that was caused by Deshaun.” I whispered looking at Cupid’s strength differently when Deshaun and he walked in.

“What?” Cupid whispered coming over to me quickly but he saw the picture his Mom had given me and nodded before pacing like he always did when he needed to think.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell