Another Sacrifice

Another Sacrifice

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Eight

 

“You must be Alena.” Adonis said behind me. He was the messenger god and the fastest in all the kingdoms.

“Yes.” I smiled holding my hand out after all this man would be my brother-in-law. He pulled me into a hug instead and I knew Cupid had delivered my decision. “When?” I asked.

“You can tell you’ve been sick. The priest is preparing her for sacrifice now.”

“I must go see her. I need to make sure she drinks.” I begged as Cupid joined us.

“Okay.” Cupid nodded, “When she gets up here she will get more drink and then we’ll wait until she phases to have a…”

“That won’t work.” Deshaun told them coming up. “In order to start the change she must marry and have her wedding night.” I smiled as I thought back to mine. I could not wait until night so I could finally share my husband’s bed again.

“I like your thoughts.” Cupid whispered in my ear. I leaned back into him and he tightened his arms.

“Come with me to visit Bryn? The priest would love to see you.”

“Gladly.” He promised taking only my arm and then landing us in the private room.

“Alena!” Bryn yelled hugging me and then moving to Cupid.

“I chose your husband.” I whispered, “The messenger god. He doesn’t travel as much as Brendon but he wants children.” Bryn smiled excitedly and hugged me again.

“Cupid…” Priest came in and immediately fell to the ground.

“And my wife, Alena.” Cupid smiled at me and I moved back to his arms. “You will move up The Chosen sacrifice.” Cupid told him.

“And make her drink.” I added but suddenly Priest was looking at me.

“Avert your eyes.” Cupid ordered him but turned to me, “You need to get home quickly.” I nodded sadly and disappeared, “She’ll be here tomorrow.” Cupid promised when he joined me.

“When will she marry Adonis?”

“Adonis is only my half-brother made from an affair so the marriage will only be with them and Dad.” I nodded slowly.

“Couldn’t we go?”

“No we will not be allowed.” He shook his head so I just moved to him, “What do you say we go to bed early?” He whispered on my lips and I just kissed him before pulling on his shirt. I gave up and just made our clothes disappear after a second. He moved to my breasts and kissed and suckled on them making me push closer.

“Hey Cupid?” I whispered as he played with my skin and hair.

“Hmmm?”

“I think we need to have that conversation.”

“We’re alive forever… if you aren’t ready then…”

“I am ready it’s just…” I took a deep breath and then continued, “I’ve been acting as Bryn’s mother for as long as I can remember. I enjoy being able to only worry about our happiness and…”

“Now that she’s to be married you truly can concentrate only on us.” He nodded seeming to understand. “I think you should enjoy that for a while.” He decided and I just moved up closer to him.

“I love you.” I whispered. He moved to my lips though and I smiled knowing that we were working on making up all my missed time.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell