A storm in the mix

A storm in the mix

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Four

 

“You’ll cause a storm with all that pacing.” I laughed moving over to him to wrap my arms around him and he seemed to figure out what needed to be done as soon as I did.

“We need to send out wedding invites.” He said looking down at me.

“Why invites?” I questioned worriedly. I usually held my tongue with his parents around trying to prove that I was a good human even if they could read my mind and plans to ask Cupid later.

“It might put them to rest some.”

“I thought tornadoes were the sign for gods marrying?”

“They usually are but if you aren’t ready…”

“I am ready.” I corrected him and when his eyes held questions I walked out of the room and to the window wall that he’d put in just for me.

“What’s wrong?” he whispered.

“I just wanted to talk about this without your parents.” I sighed and he smiled pulling me into his arms to hold me while we watched the going on’s of the gods.

“So you’re ready for marriage?” he asked to start the conversation.

“I know that you have questions.” I whispered nodding.

“Only one. Why didn’t you tell me you were ready?”

“I kind of liked how we were. It was like I was a peasant girl that got to go through a courting and fall in love.” He smiled at that and just squeezed me.

“So when do you want to get married?”

“As soon as we can safely send a tornado across the mountain.” I whispered knowing that I should not care as much about humans as I did.

“Bryn is with your father in Greece right now.” He explained understandingly and so I nodded. I smiled as I saw the tornado form but then a bunch of goddesses took me.

“Let’s get you ready for your wedding.” Angel explained walking us all into mine and Cupid’s room. It was an entire disaster because of the fight Cupid and I had had a few weeks ago. Nobody said anything though as I cleaned up. As the silence deepened I just snapped my fingers and it all went up. “You already have some of the powers of a god?” Angel asked as Cupid walked in.

“I told you she would be powerful.” Cupid shrugged but moved quickly over to me and kissed my head. “I’ll be back before the wedding.” He promised and I nodded slowly wondering where he still needed to go.

“Love you.” I whispered and he smiled before kissing me again and leaving.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell