35. Blossoming dream

35. Blossoming dream

A Chapter by Lynaelee

When I was finished in the bathroom, Pat carried me out into the living room and set me on the right side of the couch again. "You gotta elevate your leg as much as possible this week, doll," Pat instructed as he extended the leg rest. I rolled my eyes sarcastically and laughed then grabbed my chest in pain again. He shook his head at me. "Asking for trouble, aren't cha, doll?" He chuckled and put a pillow under my leg. I moved to answer him but ended up coughing instead. So I held up my hand and pinched my thumb and pointer together, but left space in between the fingers. "Little bit. Yeah. Are you okay, doll? Good deal. Behave. No trying to stand. Here's your book and the remote. I'm going to take care of all those cans in your room and put the ice packs away."

"Thank you, sir. You spoil me," I teased. He extended his left arm to his side, crossed his right arm over his waist, and gave me a small bow. I laughed. He stood up and joined me in laughter. He pointed his finger at me. "What?!"
"I'm serious, doll. Stay put," he instructed. I gave him salute and he shook his head. 
"Yes sir, Mr. Grump, sir!" I said in my most serious voice before laughing again. I tried to listen to his previous request about not talking to him in a military way, but I just found it more fun - especially since he rebuked it. Pat didn't seem to mind either as his eyes twinkled merrily. "Dismissed!" I ordered with a cheeky grin. He stood at attention, gave me a quick and formal salute, and marched out of the room in a very serious manner. I covered my grin with my hand as I laughed. I heard the sound of cans being crunched. "Pat! Save two or three please!" I hollered.
"Yes, ma'am!" He yelled back. I had no idea what to do with them yet, but I was certain I could find something for them. I picked up my book and read another chapter while he worked. A knock interrupted my thoughts and I jumped.
"Pat," I whispered as tears filled my eyes as I looked at the door waiting for it to be broken down. Pat was soon behind me. He walked around the couch and looked at me. Gently he rubbed under my eyes. Again, a loud pounding rattled the door. He kept his eyes on me; I looked at the door in a panic. He turned my head so that I was looking at him and took a deep breath. I copied him and he gave me a small smile. "Pat," I repeated as the tears leaked over the rim and trickled down my face.
"Shh! It's okay, doll. Just breathe. I won't let anyone through that door that has the intention of hurting you, especially if you're in plain view. I'll keep you safe, Annette," he promised in a soft voice as there was another knock. I gave him a slight nod. He went to the door and paused for a minute. Then he looked around the corner at me and grinned before opening the door. "Hey, Olivia! Hey, Dalton! What brings you guys over?" I released the breath I was holding and sighed in relief. I couldn't see who was at the door, but a female was good. Pat's reassuring smile before he opened the door too meant I could trust whoever was on the other side of that door. 
"I'm so sorry to disturb you. I saw your truck and was hopeful that you wouldn't be out on a run right now. I got called into work and I'm desperate for a sitter. Peter isn't home yet and I'm outta options. I tried your phone a few times. Do you mind watching Dalton for me?" A female voice pleaded. Pat looked around the corner of the nook at me with concern. I nodded and dried my eyes. Kids were always fun. He looked back outside.
"Umm. I'd love to. But, Dalton, I have a friend over. She's hurt really bad. We can't hurt her more. So that means you can't climb on her, okay?" 
"If this will be a problem-" 
"-not at all, Olivia. Come on in; you can meet Annette. I'll keep Dalton plenty entertained," Pat promised and ushered in a young mom holding a boy about two years old. His thumb was in his mouth and he buried his head on his mother's shoulder. I grinned at both of them. Olivia looked at my cast and my sling and I bit my lip. Her dark eyes met mine as her son waved at me. She froze as she studied each new bruise. I felt uncomfortable under her gaze, but gave her a warm smile.

"Are you sure?" She asked. I nodded with a small wave at her son.
"Kids are fun. Besides Pat needs to lighten up. He's been hovering, so someone else that he has to care for is a welcome thought," I replied. Olivia put Dalton down and he hid behind his mom's legs. I chuckled softly. "It's okay. You won't hurt me, bud." I put my book down and showed him my left leg as he peered around his mom. "Look. Somebody just took a bunch of markers to my legs. Aren't they pretty?" I asked as I tapped a bruise. He came over to inspect, standing by the end of the footrest. He touched my leg lightly. "See! That didn't hurt at all!" He smiled largely at me, ran to my left by the couch and leg rest, and held his hands up to be held. Pat came over and picked him up.
"I've never seen Dalton take to someone so quickly!" Olivia mused. I grinned at her. She offered her hand as she came closer. "I'm Olivia. This is my three year old son, Dalton. We're Pat's neighbors."
"Annette. I worked at the restaurant. Pat offered to house me while I healed; my parent's house is small and crowded which would make recovering difficult. I'm pleased to meet you and look forward to playing with Dalton," I replied warmly as I shook her hand warmly. Dalton was trying to wiggle out of Pat's arms, reaching for me. "Pat, he can sit on my lap. It'll be okay," I promised. Pat looked at me hesitantly. I beckoned for the little boy to join me. Pat set him down in my lap. I took my right arm and re-positioned him. He gently touched each bruise on my leg then looked at his skin with his brow furrowing in concern. "It's not okay to color on people, Dalton. Look! This one matches your skin," I chuckled as I painfully tapped a bruise that looked brown by my right elbow; I shouldn't be trying to move my left hand, but I ignored reason. Dalton turned around in my lap and looked at my arm as Pat escorted Olivia to the front door and talked to her softly. I studied Dalton. He had his mother's dark eyes and hair. It curled on the top of his head and I gently patted it. "Did you know your hair is soft, Dalton?" I asked quietly. He grinned around his thumb. "Did you just smile at me? It's so hard to see with that thumb in your mouth?" He giggled. He touched my cut up lip softly.

"Dow!" he said.
"Yes. Ow!" I agreed. He stroked my cheek and gave me a hug. I hugged him back. "Thank you, Dalton! I think you have magic hugs. I feel so much better!" He sat back and grinned. He looked at his shoes and tried to kick them off. He got one off and threw it on the floor with a chuckle. Pat snickered softly as he joined us by the couch and took the other shoe off. He set both shoes on the coffee table.
"At!"
"Yeah, bud?" Pat asked as he sat down beside us. He opened his arms and Dalton climbed into them. Dalton removed his hand from his mouth and gave Pat a long speech. Pat kept nodding and agreeing with what he was saying. Dalton pointed at me and laughed. Pat and I joined in.
"Did he just make fun of me?" I asked with a smile.
"Don't think so," Pat replied with grin. "If I understood it right. You gobber jasa dooly ow!" He mimicked Dalton. I laughed and Dalton shared his belly laugh. "Which means 'that silly man shouldn't color on her!' If it doesn't, it should," Pat translated as he met my eye again with a smirk. I laughed again.
"Is that so? Well how were you planning on keeping him entertained? And for how long?" I asked as I wiped the tears that leaked from my eyes.
"Don't know. She didn't leave any toys this time, just diapers and wipes. He'll be here until three-ish. I'm going to need help with lunch, doll. You will sit, but you can boss me around. We have about an hour to entertain him, then feed him, and then he gets a nap," Pat explained. I nodded. "Doll," he murmured softly. I looked at him. "You don't have to lie." I gave him a questioning look. "A man colored on you skin. Your parent's house is too small." I grinned.
"I didn't lie about my parent's house being small. You definitely have more room here. I wouldn't be able to maneuver a wheelchair around there. And it's better than saying my dad says I'm dead and all that drama that comes with. She had a question in her eye. I assumed it had to do with why am I here; so I gave her a brief explanation. Dalton doesn't need to know how I got these bruises or why. Coloring, he understands," I explained. Pat nodded and played with Dalton, opening and closing his hands - hiding a button that Dalton had given him. The little boy squealed in delight as he tried to guess where it was.
"Okay. Fair enough, doll. I guess Tyler's right; even your lies are based on truth. She didn't question it, by the way, so it was very believable. I never want you to stretch the truth around me. So please promise me that you'll never lie to me? If I'm going to help you heal, I need to know if something is bothering you," he begged. I nodded and Dalton tried to wiggled down. "Seriously, little man? Done already? Where's the button?" Pat asked. An idea popped in my head and I grinned as I studied the small boy in his arms. "Your look worries me," Pat teased. My smile broadened as I looked at him again.
"It shouldn't. Will you take me to the kitchen? I need to rummage through your cupboards again. No cooking. I promise. I have an idea but need to know if you have the ingredients." Pat scowled at me. "You saved three cans, right?" He nodded. "Good. Please let me up! You and Dalton can stay right behind me. I promise to take it slow." Pat pursed his lips. "Please?" I begged, only to receive a tilt of the head and a sigh as he turned his attention back to the boy in his arms who was in another animated story, having successfully captured the button. "Okay fine. I'll sit on a chair while you open the cupboards," I bartered.
"I suppose I could work with that," Pat declared as he looked at me. "You won't give up until you got your way, would you?" I shook my head and laughed. He set Dalton down in the seat between us and tickled him. When he stopped laughing, Pat looked Dalton firmly in the eyes. "Little dude, I'm going to move Annette in just a minute. I need you to help me and stay put. Got it."
"Net!" Dalton squealed. Pat chuckled and I joined in. Pat playfully pointed his finger at him, but before he could say another word, Dalton was squealing delightfully and looking at me upside down. "Net! Net! Net!" Pat looked up at me in defeat.
"Can you handle lifting another 20 pounds?" I asked. Relief washed over his face. Pat nodded, picked up the small child, scooted closer, and handed Dalton over. I pressed my knees together so that he wouldn't slip between my legs when Pat moved us. I bit my lip and blinked back some tears as the boy squirmed on my lap. I looked to my right out the window as I regained my composure. I looked back at Pat and smiled. He returned the gesture, but I could read the worry in his eyes. "I'm okay. It's not a lie. He's just very active. Okay, Dalton, I need you to sit still please." Almost immediately the little boy stopped wiggling and the pressure on the welt on my leg was better. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly as I leaned back and pulled the small boy closer to me, sitting him on my stomach. "There. That's better. Although, the balance will be off," I warned as I gave Pat a small nod and a smile. 
"Thanks, doll," he murmured. "Let me know when you're ready." I nodded. 
"Dalton?" The little boy looked up at me in anticipation. "Do you want to go for a ride?" He grinned. 
"Net! Up! Up!" He exclaimed holding his hands in the air. I smiled at him and turned him around so he was facing me. He draped both legs over my sides and began bouncing. Pat picked him up.
"Dalton! No. No bouncing. If you want to go for a ride, you need to listen to Annette," he warned. Dalton giggled and looked at me. 
"Net! Go 'ide!" He exclaimed. I grinned and reached for him. Pat carefully put him back on my stomach. 
"Cool, bud. We'll go for a ride," I stated. I pointed to my sling strap. "Can you hold onto this?" He grinned. The thumb came out of his mouth and he grabbed it with both hands then looked at me and smiled. "Good job, Dalton! You have so many teeth!" Dalton chuckled. I patted the top of his head and continued, "don't let go, Dalton. Pat, we're ready." I wrapped my arm around Dalton as Pat grinned and lowered the leg rest, catching my legs as he did. He put his right hand behind my neck and lifted us with ease. He tried his best to keep my left shoulder off of his chest as he transferred us to the armchair, but my arm was still bumped. I bit my lip. Dalton giggled in delight. "Good job, Dalton! You can let go now," I praised. He clapped his hands excitedly as Pat extended the footrest on this chair and met my eye.
"Doll." 
"I'm okay. Really. Only a little bit of pain," I reassured him. Pat nodded but didn't look convinced. I released Dalton and pushed him back a little so he was resting between my legs. "There. Happy? He's not touching me in a way that he can hurt me right now," I explained. Pat nodded. I looked back at Dalton. "Wasn't that fun?"
"Gen. Gen!" He cheered. 
"Ride's not over yet, little man," Pat chuckled as he pushed us into the kitchen, the chair glided smoothly over the floor. I laughed as Dalton cheered. Pat parked the arm chair in the middle of his kitchen. "Now, doll. What am I searching for?" Pat asked as he stepped over to his cupboards.
"Dry food. Beans, peas, noodles, cereal. Anything that will rattle in those cans," I instructed. Pat pursed his lips. I changed my mind. "What about food coloring?" Pat shook his head and opened one cupboard.
"This is all I have for the food selection," he stated. "Plus the bread, butter, cheese, and chicken strips in the fridge and freezer." I nodded and pursed my lips; his selection was sparse. Just junk food: chips and chocolate. 

"A grilled cheese will take about 10-20 minutes. But if you were thinking of feeding him chicken strips, we need to get them going now. Those need about an hour to cook. Are those m&ms?" Pat nodded. I grinned. "Perfect." He tossed me the bag; I failed to catch them and it landed on my stomach. Dalton grabbed it and gave us another belly laugh.
"If those are my options, I'll attempt a grilled cheese today," Pat stated. I nodded.
"I won't let you burn the house down. Now I need that clear casserole dish, five separate bowls - unbreakable if you got it, a turkey baster or five spoons, and your shaving cream." Pat gave me a look of confusion but started gathering the items I requested. He opened one drawer and pulled out a little eye dropper with a sigh. "Wait! What's that?"
"Mom loved the pure extracts. She didn't believe in pouring out the extract into a measuring spoon, so she used these instead. It was in the wrong spot. I haven't actually checked it out because Linda's deep cleaned my kitchen a few times. Not because I needed help or because I couldn't do it myself, but because it was her way of looking out for me and making sure I was taking care of myself. She doesn't like me being alone over here. And between her and Josh, those are my only visitors with the exception of Dalton every now and then," Pat explained. I grinned. 

"Well I'm sorry if I'm invading your space then!" I teased. He grinned at me and shook his head. "Okay. So the droppers things, do you have three?" I inquired with a smirk. Pat grinned, moved to another drawer, and held up three droppers. "Wonderful! Forget the spoons or turkey baster. We're using those." Pat shook his head and went down the hallway. I looked at Dalton. "Do you know your colors, Dalton?" He nodded. "Will you help me?" He nodded again and his eyes got big as I held up the bag of m&ms. "Good. We're going to sit down on the floor okay?" Dalton nodded and climbed down. He sat down and looked up at me. "Good boy, Dalton!" I praised as Pat came back out with the shaving cream.
"What do you have planned, doll?" Pat inquired.
"Something fun and messy, but it'll stay mostly contained. Help me sit down on the floor please," I begged as I tried to scoot forward. He shook his head at me. "I know. I'm nothing but trouble." Pat laughed and lowered the leg rest. He scooped me out of the chair and lowered me onto the floor, but made me rest against the chair. "Dalton! You're such a good boy. Thank you for being so patient," I praised as I opened up the m&ms. "Pat, can I have the bowls please. You're welcome to join us, but I will need your legs in a bit." Pat nodded and handed me the plastic bowls he grabbed. I poured a handful of the m&ms into one bowl and spread the other empty bowls out. Then I handed Pat the open bag and he put it away. Dalton was tipping the bowls upside and putting them on his head. "Dalton. I know this candy is yummy, but I need help," I stated calmly but with a smile. Dalton smiled and put the bowls down. I began sorting colors. "Can you help me sort these colors into these other bowls?" He laughed at me and grabbed two chocolate bites and stuck them in his mouth. I laughed. "Mmm! They're yummy, huh?" Dalton laughed at me. "Pat, could you please fill the casserole dish about half full of water?" Pat raised an eyebrow at me as he did what I asked. He set it on the floor beside me and leaned against the counter. He had an amused look on his face. I started to explain what I was doing, but once again coughing took over. Pat gave me a glass of water and Dalton tried to focus on separating candies but most went into his mouth. "Thank you." I took a sip and finished separating the m&ms, having some help as two bowls were dumped on the floor. Pat moved to sweep them up, but I made him freeze. "Don't! We won't be eating them. Besides, your floor is cleaner than the plates at work I'm sure," I insisted as I picked up the candies. Pat chuckled and shrugged his shoulders as he leaned against the counter. Dalton stuck another one in his mouth. I looked up at Pat and grinned. "You're not going to like this next part. I apologize now for any mess we make."
"Messes can be cleaned. I'm intrigued, doll, so is he. What are we doing?" Pat asked. 
"Think of the carnations as our inspiration. Can I have the last ingredients please?" I asked as I poured a little water from my glass into each bowl of chocolate. "We're doing a science project, Pat! And you won't be able to shave tomorrow," I teased as I took the shaving cream from him. He just smiled at me. "Dalton! Look!" I sprayed a little out into my knee. He giggled. "We can't eat this. Icky. I know you're smart, but do you know what I'm saying? Icky," I repeated. He nodded and I gave him some on his finger. He giggled as he squeezed the foam on his finger. "Now watch!" I took the dollop off my knee and put it in on top of the water in the casserole dish. It floated on top and he giggled again. Dipping his hands in the water too. I pulled his hands back then I sprayed some more shaving cream into the casserole dish. My chocolate candies had turned the water colors. I grinned and grabbed a dropper, filling it with the red water. I dropped it on the shaving cream. Dalton stood up, clapped his hands and jumped. 

"I do! I do!" He exclaimed. I nodded and gave him the dropper. Everytime he emptied it on the shaving cream he squealed. I picked up another dropper and used the blue water. I looked at Pat and smiled. 
"Come here, Pat," I ordered with a smile. He crouched down awkwardly beside me as he kept his left leg straight and leaned on his right leg. "Pick up the casserole dish." He lowered his right knee down as he picked up the casserole dish. I pointed out the streams of color in the water to Dalton. "Look, Dalton! We made purple rain!" He looked at it and squealed in delight. Pat put the dish back down and went outside. He came back in with the lattice work table and put the casserole dish on top. It was just the right height that Dalton could enjoy the colored rain and still add more candied water to the top.
"It's time for you to move back to your safety nest before he decides it's time to run around," Pat remarked as he moved my empty water glass to the counter, moved me to the armchair, and then he sat in front of me. He lifted my right leg and had it rest on his shoulder He scooted forward enough so my toes were by his ear. He took turns with Dalton switching up the colors and watching new colored rain fall. "This is brilliant, doll. He loves it! How'd you know? The foam is very pretty too," Pat murmured as Dalton discovered another rain trail and gave us another belly laugh.
"Everyone loves it. Even you, Mr. Neat-and-tidy," I teased. Pat looked up at me and grinned.

"You got me. I do love it, doll," he stated and turned back around. I yawned and tried to stretch. Pat looked back at me as I gasped and grabbed my chest. "Annette, no hurting yourself," he ordered firmly, looking me in the eyes. I nodded. Dalton took the opportunity to grab a chocolate water bowl and dump it all on the shaving cream. I held back a laugh as he delighted in the mess; Pat continued to stare at me in concern so I gave him a small nod. I was okay. Dalton touched the foam and put some on my toes and Pat's cheek. Pat looked back at Dalton in surprise and smiled. Pat leaned to his left -holding my foot in the air with his right hand- and pulled out a towel and wiped the shaving cream off of Dalton's fingers before he wiped off my toes and his cheek. Then he looked at his watch. "Annette, we just filled up 45 minutes with this project, and neither of us got bored! Thank you," he exclaimed. I giggled as he turned his attention back to the little boy. "Hey, little man, can you find me a ball?" Dalton stopped what he was doing and ran around Pat's house. 
"Up 'all? Bere'd it go? Ball! Ball!" He hollered. I chuckled. Pat immediately put all of the science project on the counter and washed his hands. I leaned over the chair, pulled the the lever, and bit my lip in pain as my chest constricted and I began to cough again. 
"Doll," Pat chided as he pushed me back in the chair gently and pulled back on the lever. "No hurting yourself." 
"I know. I know," I replied as I took a deep breath. "Sorry. I was just trying to be helpful. You do so much for me." He gave me a smile as he opened the fridge. Dalton came running out with my teddy bear. I turned my attention to him. He had the biggest grin on his face as he handed over the bear. I grinned. 
"Jana bona berd!" Dalton exclaimed.
"That's right! You found my bear! He's almost as big as you. My brother gave this to me. Do you like him?" I asked with a kind smile. Dalton laughed and ran off. I looked at Pat. "What did you do with all of those cans? If you crushed them, the edges will be sharp," I warned
Pat's face went ashen. Softly, yet in a panic, he voiced, "I'll just shut all those doors. Do you want me to put the bear away?" 
"No. Dalton can play with it," I replied, setting the bear down on the floor beside the chair. Pat nodded and took off down the hall. I looked at the counter. Bread, butter, and sliced cheese was now on display to the left of the stove. To the right of the stove was our science mess. I blushed. I should be cleaning, not sitting here. Pat came back with Dalton in his arms and my book. He snuggled Dalton in between my legs and handed me the book. I opened it up and pretended to read, instead I just told Pat how to cook a grilled cheese sandwich in a sing song voice, praising him that he at least had an idea of what to do; Dalton helped me turn my pages. Pat turned around and grinned at me. 
"Lunch is ready. Thank you, doll," he murmured as he flipped two sandwiches onto a plate and cut them both in half. He cut one half in half again and pulled out a second plate. Pat poured a small glass of milk and gestured towards an empty glass. I shook my head. I looked down at Dalton. He was about ready to fall asleep. 
"Dalton," I crooned. He looked up at me and smiled. 
"Net!" 
"What about Pat? You don't like me any more, dude?" Pat exclaimed as he picked him up. Pat handed me a plate with three-quarters of a sandwich and positioned Dalton in his lap at the breakfast counter. I smiled and took a bite. Pat had cooked these perfectly. Dalton downed the milk in front of him. When he put the cup down again, Pat offered him the quarter sandwich. Dalton took it and laughed. "Are you hungry, little man? I tried cooking. Shall we try it? Hmm not bad if I do say so myself." Pat spoke around a mouthful as he looked like the sandwich was going to bite him. After he swallowed, he gave me a small smile. "First time for everything. Thanks, doll. Turns out, I'm a good cook!" I smiled broadly as Dalton grabbed the half sandwich left on the plate and took a bite. I giggled.
"Dalton seems to agree. You did good. I think we should tackle eggs benedict next," I teased. Pat's eyes grew big and he pursed his lips. I laughed, then grabbed my sides. I exhaled slowly. "Ow," I murmured. I looked back up at Pat and smiled. "I'm fine. I'll behave," I promised. He nodded slowly as he took the bigger sandwich away from Dalton and ate it himself. Dalton finished his quarter of sandwich. His eyes drooped; I could relate. "Dalton." He picked his head up and looked at me again. "Would you like to snuggle with my bear?" 
"Oun! Oun! Berd," Dalton demanded as he tried to wiggle out of Pat's arms. Pat let him run free. Dalton came over to me and picked the bear off the floor. He looked between Pat and I. He turned towards me again. "Up!" He demanded with his arms up raised.
"Hold on, little man. Annette hasn't finished her lunch. And she needs some owie medicine," Pat stated firmly as he cleaned up his plate. I handed over my plate, it still held the quarter sandwich. Dalton's eyes got big as he noticed my food. 

"I'm actually full. Thank you for making me a smaller portion. I think Dalton's still hungry though," I replied watching the small child. 
"You can have this, Dalton, if you sit down," Pat insisted as he lowered the plate a little bit so it was easier for the child to see what was on the plate. Dalton immediately sat down on the floor and held up a single hand as he reached for the food. He still held tightly onto my bear as he looked expectantly at Pat. I snickered softly. Pat grinned and traded the bear for the sandwich. Then he put the plate in the sink and filled up my water again. He held out another half of the prescription pain killer pill. I sighed. "Doll, please. I can read the pain in your eyes. I let you play off your pain all morning, but I can't ignore it anymore. You're not letting your body heal. I'll put you on strict bed rest, missy. My house, my rules," he teased, but his eyes were laced with concern; he was partially serious. I took a sip of the water, opened my mouth and let him drop it in. I swallowed and followed it up by finishing my water. "Thank you, doll," Pat murmured as he took the glass away. Dalton was tearing the sandwich apart and crying. Pat picked him up and the bear. He paced around the kitchen with Dalton cradled in his arms, bouncing slightly. Within 15 minutes, Dalton was asleep. "Do you mind, doll?" I shook my head and Pat transferred Dalton into my arm. He pushed above my shoulder and made the chair lean back further. "You can sleep too, Annette. You look like you want to."
"Glorified baby-sitter. You're good at your job, sir," I teased through a yawn. He grinned at me and bopped my nose. "I know. Behave. Rest. Heal." I yawned again and closed my eyes. "You're right. Thanks, Pat. I'm sorry about the mess."
"Worth it, doll," he whispered. The chair moved and I opened my eyes. He was pushing us back into the living room. 

"Good. Because I can see myself doing this for the rest of my life," I replied. I shifted slightly and looked at the little boy on my arm then looked up at Pat.
"Bossing me around or holding kids?" He teased. I giggled.
"I don't like bossing my friends around, but I did have fun today. Will you take my hair down please? I have a headache and I think that will help," I explained through another yawn. Pat chuckled and took my hair down. He tousled my hair and stroked my cheek. I leaned into him. "You're a good friend. I'm glad you're in my life. Thank you," I said wearily as I closed my eyes. Pat kissed my forehead and continued to stroke my cheek.
"You're welcome, doll. You'll always be safe here. Rest," he whispered. I nodded. Dalton was acting like a little space heater and I snuggled closer to him, cherishing the warmth he produced. Before I knew it, sleep had taken over my body too.


© 2017 Lynaelee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Added on December 9, 2016
Last Updated on July 9, 2017

If only


Author

Lynaelee
Lynaelee

About
Sometimes I feel like I need an outlet to express myself. I have never been good with verbal communication, but I have always found an out in writing. I hurt. I bleed. I make mistakes. I cry. Yes,.. more..

Writing
If only If only

A Book by Lynaelee


1. *Prologue* 1. *Prologue*

A Chapter by Lynaelee