Chapter Four : Falling

Chapter Four : Falling

A Chapter by Totoro-Sama
"

Mia insists that she walk home alone ...

"



Mia, on impulse (from being so close to someone she didn't know), used all her strength to push Ace off the bed, the boy landing with a loud "thud" on the ground. The young woman sat up, both hands gripping the blanket. Oh. She was in the nurse's office ... but for how long? The young girl glanced about, similar to the time before, and cast her eyes on the window to find that school surely ended; the sky was already starting to color itself dark-orange. Traces of blue began to disappear. Where was ...? Oh. Rachel had practice. Today was Friday, after all. Usually Mia would walk home by herself after taking the bus ... but ...

The young brunette turned her head when she heard sudden laughter coming from the nurse, who sat in front of the computer, as always. But, Wait ... why ...? What was so funny ...? The woman's voice echoed bounced off the walls of the room as Mia fixed her gaze toward a red flame positioned on the ground. Oh. With clear inspection, she could tell that it was Ace was sitting there with one hand rubbing the back of his head, both eyes closed. Oh. Mia had pushed him off----Oh! She had pushed him off! The young brunette turned a bright-red with embarrassment at the thought. She had pushed Ace off the bed. It was a sensible reaction, but he fell on his head!

"Ah. I'm so---"
"Naw, I'm good. I probably deserved this anyway."

Mia stopped in her tracks, and remained silent. It was as if he knew what she was going to say. What came next would probably sound stupid anyway. Ruby jewels were fixed on him as she saw Ace get back on his feet, the orange hue of the sunset reflecting on bright, red eyes. The nurse had stopped laughing then, and stood up herself to go check on something by one of the shelves. The young woman was still giggling at what had happened before ... But, after Mia calmed down (realizing that she really shouldn't have fretted in the first place, realizing that this person was Ace), she looked around for her bag. It was placed a top a counter by the door, surrounded by closed boxes (probably filled with bandages). After a strange silence, Ace began to speak, crossing his arms, which were covered in the long sleeves of the school's jacket. 

"Anyway, you heard that Rachel can't take you home, and you don't seem well enough ... so---"
"No. I'll go home by myself."

Ace stopped in his tracks this time, and looked down to check if she was kidding, probably realizing that this was the first time that someone, more specifically a girl, has ever rejected any of his offers. He gazed upon her in disbelief as Mia slowly removed the covers, as she slowly made her way to the edge of the bed. She hated it when people were pitying her. Rachel probably did this so that I wouldn't be left alone. Rachel was probably consumed with guilt as she was when she had come to see Mia. This boy was the same. He felt bad because he hit the ball, and because he was so popular, he was making up for it by spending his time with Mia. 

"I'll be fine. I can handle myself. Sorry for wasting your time."

Mia slowly slipped her both her shoes on, gracefully tucking some hair behind her ear, before standing up to walk over to her bag. She didn't spare a glance up at the boy. Ace just remained standing there. The nurse had gone out to go to the bathroom. As Mia walked over, the young brunette could feel his gaze resting upon her. For some reason ... he seemed closer? He should just leave, Mia already did say that----Ah!

The room seemed to fall diagonally.
Mia closed her eyes.

"See. I told you---!"

Thud!

Boxes were flown out of position.

In a split second, you can say that ... they were in an awkward position once again. Mia was laying back on something. She couldn't see what, though. She still had her eyes closed, after all. The only thing clear, sight-wise were the blurry lights from the sunset, slowly happening, serving as the strange, light blob behind her eyelids. But, from the feeling, Mia knew that she was sitting down, lying back on something flat. She didn't feel any pain, just discomfort. Slowly, red eyes fluttered open.

"Ow. Ow. That hurt."

Eyes widened as Mia turned around, realizing what ... on what she ... oh my goodness! The brunette couldn't help but flinch when she realized that ... He was behind her! She was laying on him, back to his chest! Ahhh ... What ...What had happened was ... Ace fell on the boxes before her, intentionally, to break Mia's fall ... Really ... they were in that ... weird "couple" position with Ace behind her, Mia being positioned between bent legs. Both his hands were wrapped around her waist, probably there to make sure Mia wouldn't roll off and hit her head on one of the boxes. She could feel his steady breath on her neck when he sighed in relief. His head was positioned between Mia's shoulder and head, so, when the brunette turned around to face him (and to tell him to stop breathing on her), she looked into bright, red eyes again ... and a triumphant, embarrassed smile. She didn't feel her face flush (probably in anger. Yes. Anger.)

"I told you so!"


© 2014 Totoro-Sama


Author's Note

Totoro-Sama
Picture Found in Zerochan.
I Am Quite New at this . . so Please go Easy On me.
Comment or don't. I would like some reviews though.
If you want to see the characters, there is a Guide.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

YAY LOVE IS IN THE AIR! I CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE

Posted 4 Years Ago


I would classify Mia-Sara as Tsundere, but... That reaction tho, it's still unclear whether or not she is ^^" haha. Anyways, reall good Totoro ^^ I enjoyed this very much. Awkwardly, I find joy in seeing extra characters, and I think you could have done a bit more for the nurse, a vague description would have been nice. I really like how Mia-Sara rationalized Ace's motives, and her disliking pity, I can almost see myself in her. It's scary for me xD but lovely story Totoro ^^ keep writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


Totoro-Sama

10 Years Ago

Heehee. The nurse ... You can say she'll be a "big" character later on.
She's useless as of ri.. read more
Totoro-Sama

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the praise!
That scene where her vision was being all dizzy and she feel but ace caught her was splendid.I was like "yes!,save her,they're in an awkard position now,this situation will cause him to be embrassed."I thought she would be embarrassed but she was a little irritated of his actions.I look forward to the next chapter!keep up with the good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Totoro-Sama

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the praise :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on April 13, 2014
Tags: Anime-Inspired, Anime, School Life, Romance



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..