13

13

A Chapter by Caritatis

13

“I don’t want you harassing him, Jack,” Keevan told Jack as they walked through the park. “He didn’t do anything to you, so just leave him alone.”

“He’s got eyes for you, babe,” Jack insisted, hooking an arm around her waist as they walked. “He’s just trying to win you over with a sob story. Forget about that loner.”

“Karkat’s my friend,” Keevan said sternly, “don’t bully my friends!” Keevan then suddenly remembered what Cari had told her about Jack.

“Jack, did you rip Cari’s drawing in half?” she asked.

“Yeah,” he said, “but she didn’t have to go crying to you about it.”

Keevan pulled away from him and stopped walking. “Cari told me the truth,” she said. “You ripped up her drawing and said those mean things to her!”

Jack sighed. “Babe, you gotta face it. You’re not going to change me. I thought you were smart enough to realize that by now.”

Keevan was speechless. She didn’t know what to say.

“You really are just a jerk and a bully,” she said, getting angry. “I don’t like it.”

“And just what are you going to do about it?” he asked, gripping onto her wrist painfully. “You’re wearing the ring. You’re my girl whether you like it or not.”

“Let go of me!” Keevan screamed, pulling herself away from Jack. She took the ring from her finger and threw it at him. “We’re through!” she shouted. “It’s over! You have no control over me or my friends!”

“Fine, you’re just a clingy, annoying b***h, anyway,” Jack said, picking the ring up from the ground and putting it in his pocket. “You’re just a little-miss-perfect who thinks she can change people into the image she wants them to have. Everything revolves around Princess Keevan!”

“Jack, shut up!” Keevan screamed, starting to cry. She turned and started running, not looking back behind her.

She had to apologize to Cari.

Keevan knocked on the door over and over again until Cari answered. Once Cari did answer, Keevan hugged her tightly.

“I’m so, so sorry,” Keevan cried. “Cari, you were telling the truth and I should have believed you. I...I…” Keevan’s voice cracked and she hugged Cari tighter. Cari hugged her back just as tight and repeated over and over again that it was okay. She shut the door behind her so they were alone on the porch.

“My mom’s sleeping, so we have to be quiet,” she said. “Kee, what happened?”

“Jack was...was being a jerk to Karkat at the end of my shift,” she began, taking control of her voice, “and then he took me to the park. I yelled at him for being such a bully and he...he made me realize what a terrible person he is.”

“Did he confirm what I told you?” Cari asked quietly. Keevan nodded and wiped her eyes.

“I broke up with him,” Keevan said, “and he said things about me that are true and I didn’t even realize it...” Her voice broke and she covered her mouth, not wanting to wake up Cari’s mother. Cari hugged Keevan and patted her back until she stopped crying.

“I’m glad you finally realized what a jerk Jack is,” Cari said, “but...Kee, you did need to learn that there are some things you just can’t help.”

“I know, I know,” Keevan whispered. “That’s not what I'm crying about. I’ve just been leading myself on with Jack for so long....” Keevan was silent for a little while.

“I have to talk to Karkat,” she said. “I can’t wait until tomorrow, though, and I don’t know where to find him...”

“You might just have to wait until tomorrow,” Cari said. “I’m sorry, Kee.”

 

Keevan was lying in the grass in her front yard when she got the text from an unknown number.

I'm sorry. You cried at my expense. And I got angry. I’m sorry.

It must have been Karkat. She texted back:

KK: It’s okay, Karkat. I broke up with Jack. He’s a...a...a butthole!

She got a response almost immediately.

KV: Are you okay.

KK: I’m okay from it, just a little angry at myself for staying with him for so long to no avail.

She waited what felt like forever for the next text:

KV: Thank you for being my friend.

Keevan smiled and texted back:

KK: You’re welcome. I’m happy to be your friend! :->

KV: What kind of smiley face was that. This is a real smiley face. :)

KK: How about a kitty face? :3

KV: That isn’t a cat face. This is a cat face. >(-.-)<

KK: Where are its ears??? And that doesn’t look like a very happy kitty!

KV: So.

KK: I have a new nickname for you!

KV: Oh god. What.

KK: Karkitty~!

KV: NO.

KK: Karrrrrkittyyy!

KV: Fine. If that’s what you want.

KK: Yay!

She didn’t get a reply back to the last text. Lying in bed that night, she read over the text messages and couldn’t help but smile. She knew that Karkat liked her, even though he said he didn’t.

Perhaps, she thought to herself. I like him just as much as he likes me.



© 2012 Caritatis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on August 7, 2012
Last Updated on August 7, 2012
Tags: humanstuck, homestuck, fanfiction, AU, fantrolls, fiction, romance, drama, angst


Author

Caritatis
Caritatis

LOOAS



About
I write. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Caritatis


2 2

A Chapter by Caritatis


3 3

A Chapter by Caritatis